The online racing simulator
Quote from JasonJ :hmmm I guess it's good to know in case you actually forget if your setup has ABS on or off after leaving pits.
(i don't really mind, some might)

Yes, I thought it was on the virtual dash but is not. So much code has been changed around with the recent dashboard updates, it's quite hard to check every feature is still in the public version. In the VWS version it is on the car dashboard and the virtual one as well.

Quote from Resu :I know this subject has already been discussed, but i never really understood it. It's not even something relevant but, scawen if you paid a little bit attention to the lights in the lastest test patch, why don't you make a little update in the key configurations to let us be choose the buttons we want for the indicators and lights? Doesn't seem that hard, and i think it would make some people pleased. But again, i don't see it as something that important atm :P

You are right it's not hard, but really needs a new "lights" section in the controls screen and the code for all those "one push" buttons needs some reorganising, actually would take about half a day to redo the code the way I want it (as very often it's a thing that if I delve into it, there are some updates and cleanups to do on the way). It's on my list but I put it at low priority compared with the physics we are all waiting for. Anyway you should be able to bind it to a steering wheel button using a F key with the text : /press 3

Quote from Takumi_lfs :Bug in Z16 and Z17 when you rotate in Shift+U mode the screen will flicker very weird.

No problems in Patch Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrikmWl6rL4

Video of it provided, Happens on all cars and on all track.

Yes, this is strange that some people get it and some don't. Unfortunately the bug doesn't seem to appear on my computer but that is on the list and as a real bug it does have a high priority.

The other high priority one is the crash some people have reported, an "integer divide by zero" (c0000094) at address 4c6a07. I do know the line where it happens, don't know why yet.
When changing Anti-aliasing strength, a meesage saying "LFSE : width x height (aa)" appears on the chat. Is it supposed to appear or not?
Hey Scawen, Have you thought about making the screen angle adjustable in game.

I use two side monitors that are about 30* foward from the Center monitor. I can make it look reasonable by adjusting the FOV but then I'm limited to how much I can adjust my view position.

By the way the Bezel slider was a great idea.
Im also getting the screen shift u bug.

@ heikom il look into it first thing tomorrow after school lol
Quote from Flame CZE :When changing Anti-aliasing strength, a meesage saying "LFSE : width x height (aa)" appears on the chat. Is it supposed to appear or not?

It's a debug message, good to have in case something goes wrong with the multi screen setup.

About the Shift+U roll flicker thing. This only happens if the framerate exceeds 100fps, so I'm guessing you're doing something in a pyhsics step that's not performed on frames exceeding the physics frequency.
I think its easy to fix :P maybe just an boollean issue with the buttons
if it allways apear or not

and i think the turn light on button should just turn on tailights and just an little light in the front
that 'G' also have an function when Light is turned on.

Regards Heiko1
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
I can confirm (using fraps) that the "flickering angled shift-U" bug only happens when the FPS rises over 100 FPS. (vsync off of course)
I have a 60Hz LCD.

edit: Minimum Sleep time will affect FPS as well, but this depends on the track situation. Generally speaking, if the fps goes above 100FPS then the flickering occurs.

Looking into this I found another thing:
If you set the Maximum Frame Rate to 100, LFS only produces 92 FPS. (my game is capable of much more)

I will test if this is the case in Z15.

edit: It also drops to 92 FPS in Z and Z15 when Max Frame Rate is set 100, so this is an old bug I was not aware of, sorry.

(All info here in regards to Full Screen mode as windowed mode just reverts to 60Hz for me)
Quote from morpha :
About the Shift+U roll flicker thing. This only happens if the framerate exceeds 100fps.

confirmed
Quote from morpha :About the Shift+U roll flicker thing. This only happens if the framerate exceeds 100fps, so I'm guessing you're doing something in a pyhsics step that's not performed on frames exceeding the physics frequency.

Yes. I can confirm it, too, it flickers even if I don't move the slider.
Quote from Scawen :The reasoning for this is, we don't have a headlight dipper switch yet and it's not easy to make a real difference between full beam and dipped in LFS at the moment.

And we do need the blue "full beam" light for the "flash" function. It was easiest to say simply, LFS lights are on full beam. We don't have a dipper switch but never mind, we aren't going to blind anyone.

It's because my priority is the physics, not making every light option that we don't even need yet.

Thanks, I was wondering that myself. Best thing to do is working with sprites (like the brake lights in the very first LFS) (not wanting to compare LFS to NFS, but, http://www.whattheyplay.com/me ... 9/03/nfs_shift_audi_4.jpg).
I understand it has no priority at all. It will come eventually

Haven't found any bug yet, nor can I reproduce one of the mentioned ones (yes, the pitlane arrow stays visible when you press Esc, but I don't consider that a bug). Great updates.
Quote from Scawen :

Yes, this is strange that some people get it and some don't. Unfortunately the bug doesn't seem to appear on my computer but that is on the list and as a real bug it does have a high priority.

Another fix for this is limiting your FPS to 100 or less. It seems to happen on my pc because lfs runs on 300-500 fps here.

I played with all of the graphic options and screen resolution, no succes at all.

Edit : It seems that JasonJ beat me to it.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Another fix for this is limiting your FPS to 100 or less. It seems to happen on my pc because lfs runs on 300-500 fps here.

I played with all of the graphic options and screen resolution, no succes at all.

Yes , i have the same.
Limiting to 100FPS and no problem, when i set no limit ( 150-260 fps) it goes wrong with rolling in Shift-U mode.
#90 - STF
Quote from Heiko1 :did someone noticed my bug and can reproduce it?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1276640#post1276640

Yes, happens here too.

@ NightEye, pitlane arrow yes, but not the speed limit text under it.

Quote from JasonJ :I can confirm (using fraps) that the "flickering angled shift-U" bug only happens when the FPS rises over 100 FPS. (vsync off of course)

It wasn`t flickering before for me, I had it locked at 100 fps. Unlocked it and I can confirm it too.
Quote from Tim NL :Yes , i have the same.
Limiting to 100FPS and no problem, when i set no limit ( 150-260 fps) it goes wrong with rolling in Shift-U mode.

+1

Limited to 100FPS, no bug.

Unlimited (125'ish - 200) Bug.

The flickers aren't quite as intense as the youtube video that someone posted, but they are there none the less.
Did some more testing on the Shift+U-roll bug.
It only occurs in Shift+U mode, I can roll (via joystick assigned to the roll axis in Options -> Controls -> Axes/FF) fine in cockpit view with up to 500fps.

So to summarize:
  • Only in Shift+U
  • Only if the framerate exceeds 100 fps
  • Only roll, height and FOV are not affected
  • Only in "idle" operation, it doesn't happen while the camera is actively moving. However, it does happen when it's being moved by smoothing.
€: It's not so much the camera being moved but camera related input being processed. Shift+U, arrow keys make the bug disappear, as does changing the height with CTRL+UP or DOWN, even if you reach max or min height. Changing the roll with CTRL+RIGHT or LEFT doesn't work though.
Hope that narrows it down
Still happens when the camera moves with the car though.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Still happens when the camera moves with the car though.

Yes, by "actively moving" I meant "moving as a direct result of user input"
EDIT! Never mind, super old post lol.
Sorry is not a bug report, but is a point of view about removing the "Red" light to shift (In the dashboard) i dont think is a good idea, or at least an option in the screen setup or display setup to have "Whana see the RED light when you need to shift? Yes/no" , because much ppl dont know where are the optimal rpm range to change the gear, you need sertain training and knowing of each car to know when is the Optimal rpm range to change gear.

Hope can understand me

Is a way to see bouth side of ppl, The ppl who know when change the gear without the "Light" and the ppl who dont know when change the gear without the light.

Regards

Inouva
Quote from Inouva :Is a way to see bouth side of ppl, The ppl who know when change the gear without the "Light" and the ppl who dont know when change the gear without the light.

Those who don't know will have to learn the old-fashioned way, by experimenting
All the road cars have pretty user-friendly torque curves, the GTRs will probably keep the shift light and the single seaters are pretty self explanatory.
#98 - SamH
Road cars don't have shift lights, so it makes sense to remove it.

It does take a certain level of skill to know when to change gear, I agree with you. And that is why I think the light shouldn't be there. When you have a light telling you when to change gear, who needs to acquire that skill?
Quote from JasonJ :I can confirm (using fraps) that the "flickering angled shift-U" bug only happens when the FPS rises over 100 FPS. (vsync off of course)
I have a 60Hz LCD.

Generally speaking, if the fps goes above 100FPS then the flickering occurs.

Looking into this I found another thing:
If you set the Maximum Frame Rate to 100, LFS only produces 92 FPS. (my game is capable of much more)

I will test if this is the case in Z15.

edit: It also drops to 92 FPS in Z and Z15 when Max Frame Rate is set 100, so this is an old bug I was not aware of, sorry.

I can confirm the Shift + U bug.
It happens at exactly any value higher than 100.0FPS, and doesn't happen with Vsync on because vsync limits fps to 60 (my display is 60Hz).
Also, the higher the FPS, the most it flickers. at about 101FPS (approximately) it flickers every once in a while, but at 130FPS it flickers quite quickly.

Now, about the other bug (choosing limit to 100FPS and only get 92FPS), I can confirm it too on Windows XP Professional 32Bits.
However, when I choose the maximum frame rate to 100 on Windows 7 (RC Build 7100), I have exactly 100.0 FPS at all times. So, I don't know what causes this, and I would indeed say it's a old "bug" because it's been a few patches since that happens.
Note: choosing to limit fps to 90 on Windows 7 will limit it to exactly 90.9FPS.
Quote from Velociround :at about 101FPS (approximately) it flickers every once in a while, but at 130FPS it flickers quite quickly.

At 101fps it should, in theory, flicker once per second, 30 times per second at 130 fps and so on

Quote from Velociround :Now, about the other bug (choosing limit to 100FPS and only get 92FPS), I can confirm it too on Windows XP Professional 32Bits.
However, when I choose the maximum frame rate to 100 on Windows 7 (RC Build 7100), I have exactly 100.0 FPS at all times. So, I don't know what causes this, and I would indeed say it's a old "bug" because it's been a few patches since that happens.
Note: choosing to limit fps to 90 on Windows 7 will limit it to exactly 90.9FPS.

Could be a number of things, but it's definitely something Scawen has no control over. My guess is Vista and Win7, especially 64bit, have a higher timer resolution, XP 32bit might give LFS 3ms sleep when only 1ms was requested. Open <lfs dir>/deb.log, second line should be the timer resolution
Quote :Oct 04 20:22:37 LFS : 0.5Z17
Oct 04 20:22:37 timer resolution 1 ms

however, the reported value is not necessarily accurate.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z17 (online compatible)
(332 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG