The online racing simulator
Quote from Bones73 :Hey guys,

Was just in a race when it was noticed by a couple of drivers that when they pitted they had "Repair Damage" turned off but their damage was still repaired.

Did they change settings? IF they did damage will be repaired, and you can´t stop it from doing that.
no problems here.

can't check multimonitor features.
Quote from J@tko :Can we have our ABS light back

Please can you describe exactly what you saw in Z15 and what you see in Z17, because I don't really understand your question. Z15 is a long time ago - I've been working a lot on dashboards and view options, so I can't remember every feature and every change. What I do know is the new car dashboards on my computer (to be released with VWS) have the symbols you see on the virtual dashboards, including an ABS light.

By the way, the shift light has been removed from all the road cars in our version, except the RA which has one in real life (same as that SHIFT UP light).

Quote from Grigg94 :just opened my lfs with z17 installed and this happened (in attachment) its fine when i restart LFS but why does it happen :P

Look like you are running out of texture memory. Maybe you are using a high resolution texture pack?
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I have tried this version and for me it works perfectly fine.

A question Scawen, why did you put the strongest lights indicator, and not the mediums one?

I take it in races, most of the time by far the mediums are the ones to use?

The reasoning for this is, we don't have a headlight dipper switch yet and it's not easy to make a real difference between full beam and dipped in LFS at the moment.

And we do need the blue "full beam" light for the "flash" function. It was easiest to say simply, LFS lights are on full beam. We don't have a dipper switch but never mind, we aren't going to blind anyone.

It's because my priority is the physics, not making every light option that we don't even need yet.
Quote from Scawen :Please can you describe exactly what you saw in Z15 and what you see in Z17, because I don't really understand your question. Z15 is a long time ago - I've been working a lot on dashboards and view options, so I can't remember every feature and every change. What I do know is the new car dashboards on my computer (to be released with VWS) have the symbols you see on the virtual dashboards, including an ABS light.

By the way, the shift light has been removed from all the road cars in our version, except the RA which has one in real life (same as that SHIFT UP light).

Look like you are running out of texture memory. Maybe you are using a high resolution texture pack?

It had a little red light which flashed when the abs was active. (may have been a different colour)

By the way any fixes been made to the roof of the LX4 and LX6?

And will the next patch include R1 tyres for the UFR and XFR as in real life I think NGTR cars use tyres similar to the R1 tyres.
Quote from Scawen :Please can you describe exactly what you saw in Z15 and what you see in Z17, because I don't really understand your question. Z15 is a long time ago - I've been working a lot on dashboards and view options, so I can't remember every feature and every change. What I do know is the new car dashboards on my computer (to be released with VWS) have the symbols you see on the virtual dashboards, including an ABS light.

No ABS light here in Z16 or Z17, but I did have one in Z15 [overwritten it with Z17 so can't take photos ]

See attachments - ABS is on [orange tyres] but no light on dash
Quote from Scawen :By the way, the shift light has been removed from all the road cars in our version, except the RA which has one in real life (same as that SHIFT UP light).

Attached images
lfs_00000160.jpg
lfs_00000161.jpg

Ye, that will be it thanks mate
Quote from Scawen :Please can you describe exactly what you saw in Z15 and what you see in Z17, because I don't really understand your question.

In Z15, when the ABS was doing its job, a light on the dashnboard was lit. In Z17 it isn't like that.
#59 - senn
you really need a light to tell you ABS is functioning? Why? Unless its for a Failure(or toggle on/off) of the ABS system, why do you need a light?
just seems a bit redundant to me..
hmmm I guess it's good to know in case you actually forget if your setup has ABS on or off after leaving pits.
(i don't really mind, some might)

Just to clarify; here is the ABS light in action in patch Z15 (only lit up when engaging ABS)

It also is the same light as the handbrake indicator in Z15
Attached images
ABS.jpg
handbrake.jpg
#61 - Resu
I know this subject has already been discussed, but i never really understood it. It's not even something relevant but, scawen if you paid a little bit attention to the lights in the lastest test patch, why don't you make a little update in the key configurations to let us be choose the buttons we want for the indicators and lights? Doesn't seem that hard, and i think it would make some people pleased. But again, i don't see it as something that important atm :P
Bug in Z16 and Z17 when you rotate in Shift+U mode the screen will flicker very weird.

No problems in Patch Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrikmWl6rL4

Video of it provided, Happens on all cars and on all track.
#66 - Byku
Quote from Bean0 :Doesn't happen for me.

Weird, Fixed it with turning Vsynch on.
That doesn't happen to me with both vsync on and off.
try to toy around with double/triple buffering
Did not happen to me! Both VSync on/off.

Quote from Scawen :By the way, the shift light has been removed from all the road cars in our version, except the RA which has one in real life (same as that SHIFT UP light).

For Roadcas: Good to know. Sounds good!
But in a Racecar: I´m sure that there is only a red circle or something else...
Happend with me
Doesn't happen with me. With vSync on and off.
Tell me if this is already posted, but IIRC when you brake and have lights on IRL, you just have the brake light strength.
In LFS, you have brake light strength + normal lights. (there is a difference when you press brake and turn on/off the lights) (they overlap)

I could be wrong though, about it not being that way IRL.

Good job on the patch though!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z17 (online compatible)
(332 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG