The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
while the dash icons look nice, I would have preferred a big in your face shift light instead of the actual words 'shift up' lighting up. I did notice a gain in FPS tho
dam, i keep checking the forum every 5 min to check for updates, i'm so hyped up
I got the XFR/UFR-Bug thingy:

It's the tyres.
Both cars can now use R1 tyres. That wasn't possible before the patch.
They were able to use R4 instead (what they can't do anymore).

That's why people using Z16 getting OOS errors as soon as someone joines the track on R4-Tyres...
Quote from Highharti :I got the XFR/UFR-Bug thingy:

It's the tyres.

That's why people using Z16 getting OOS errors as soon as someone joines the track on R4-Tyres...

And I would think that Pre-Z16 players would get an OOS when a Z16 player joins the track on R1 tyres?
I guess updating the servers to Z16 would help...
Thank you for the new patch.
mini bug:
Attached images
Bug.JPG
ws.c server is getting a lot of x16 disconnects. all at once and it looks like its every one that is on x16
Quote from gotspeed :ws.c server is getting a lot of x16 disconnects. all at once and it looks like its every one that is on x16

Because when someone joins with XFR/UFR, the Z16 players go ZOMG H4X, the server goes ZOMG DEY HAZ H4X COS DEY DON'T LIKE IT and the server boots the Z16 peeps.
Quote from spiderbait90 :And I would think that Pre-Z16 players would get an OOS when a Z16 player joins the track on R1 tyres?

+1 just confirmed it

z joins with r4s kicks all z16 people
BUG: If pausing for more than one minute, playing single-player, your ignition would be turned off when unpausing.
mini bug
Attached images
Untitle.jpg
old, not caused by z16
What is happening :P
When a Z user comes out of pit with an ufr/xfr with r4 tyres all the z16 users get a JOOS disco thingy Because the new patch doesnt have r4's for ufr/xfr anymore ^^
LOL :P will it be fixed or are we all going to suffer xD, i was getting used to the constant lights too.
what was that less then 12 hours we found and confirmed a bug and what makes it happen yay

maybe we could help out with the wv....
Confirming that R1 slick glitch with XFR (haven't tried any others yet)
OOS-SET WHL

EDIT: i'll take a punt they edited something, and it accidentily moved the code for the Baby R's a character or two out of position.
maybe they mixed the new tyre physics by mistake?
and ye, let us try the vws for issues
Is the oil light supposed to come on when the engine stalls?
Quote from fraghetti :the new dashboard icons really look neat with enabled speedo.
but why arent they in cockpit? :/

They are in our test version and that will be released with the VW Scirocco and new physics.

Quote from dauwe :Using XFR on AS7.

and b.t.w. where are the R4??? in 4 weeks we got a longrun on AS7 and R3....

Thank you, this is the key to the problem. If anyone joins with R4 tyres, all Z16 racers are kicked. Thanks to your report, I have found the bug in the code and will release the fix as soon as possible. Maybe this evening but probably Sunday morning.

Quote from hiben1 :As you can see from the pictures attached the new symbols for the virtual dash are not working properly on my computer, I have tried installing the new patch on two different computers, one a laptop and a desktop which are both on Vista Home Premium, I have also tried re-downloading LFS and reinstalling the patch but with no luck!

Your patch installation did not work correctly. There is a file lfs.abc in your data\abc folder and that should be the new one with file date 8 September 2009.

Quote from Highharti :I got the XFR/UFR-Bug thingy:

It's the tyres.

Thanks.
Quote from iklucas :let us try the vws for issues

How do you know it's already finished?
I got my usual bug, except this time LFS wouldn't crash, so no crash message. I could close it without problems using the /exit command (blind).

LFS kept going, gameplay and sound were stuttering, but it even "followed" a restart on that server i spec'ed (CAD Derby)

If I start LFS now, it looks the same, only a reboot fixes it.
Attached images
bug1.jpg
bug2.jpg
bug3.jpg
Z16 all works fine for me - thanks Scavier

and most importantly :

Quote from Scawen :Other changes to view system :

Two button look (left + right) is now double the one button look and
this allows up to 180 degrees look (like old versions of LFS).

Cockpit view Z-buffering has improved so you should not usually see
missing parts of your seat or the car body when looking around.

Woohoo !!
(I'm easily pleased)
Quote from Flame CZE :How do you know it's already finished?

from my connections^^

well, they probably had already, when they showed pictures and stuff, but they are fixing the plenty bugs?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG