The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :Other changes to view system :

Two button look (left + right) is now double the one button look and
this allows up to 180 degrees look (like old versions of LFS).

Rear look (instant 180 degree view from centre of car) is now the
same on all cars (no longer shows a virtual mirror) but is disallowed
if the host activates forced cockpit view.

Cockpit view Z-buffering has improved so you should not usually see
missing parts of your seat or the car body when looking around.

YAAAAY! Thanks loads! Now i (finally) must edit my signature again
Everything works prefect +5/10 FPS
This happened on the WS.C Server just 2 minutes ago and it will not let me / us back on due to the same message coming up when we try to reconnect.
Attached images
lfs_00000008.bmp
What is your problem?
-
(Bass-Driver) DELETED by Bass-Driver
Quote from Scawen :What are the allowed cars on the server you are trying to join? If there is a problem with some cars we'll need to know about it.

And also please check that you can use Z15 exe to join successfully.

Using XFR on AS7.

and b.t.w. where are the R4??? in 4 weeks we got a longrun on AS7 and R3....
Quote from Furiously-Fast :It is a test patch. It is bound to have bugs. Either report new bugs or gtfo.

Its not a Bug its a fail look at the name on the patch. Test Patch Z16 (online compatible) Its says Online Compatible and then can we use it online but we cant!
Quote from mat6681 :its not a bug its a fail look at the name on the patch. Test patch z16 (online compatible) its says online compatible and then can we use it online but we cant!

It also says:warning : This is a test

Besides you are supposed to report bugs here, so that Scawen can see and fix them! Not in some servers forum.
Quote from mat6681 :Its not a Bug its a fail look at the name on the patch. Test Patch Z16 (online compatible) Its says Online Compatible and then can we use it online but we cant!

it is online compatible tho go back and try running lfs w on a host running x won't work. it may not be perfect yet so 1 grow up and act more mature and 2 help fix the bugs or don't run the latest beta.
Quote from mat6681 :Its not a Bug its a fail look at the name on the patch. Test Patch Z16 (online compatible) Its says Online Compatible and then can we use it online but we cant!

what u talkin bout willis? im in alot of servers with tons of people must be u >.>
Virtual Dash Symbol Bug.
As you can see from the pictures attached the new symbols for the virtual dash are not working properly on my computer, I have tried installing the new patch on two different computers, one a laptop and a desktop which are both on Vista Home Premium, I have also tried re-downloading LFS and reinstalling the patch but with no luck!

The laptop is a Intel chipset with Intel Graphics and the Desktop is custom built with AMD x2 processor and Nvidia Graphics Card, if you need more detail on the specs please let me know.
Attached images
LFS.JPG
LFS 2.JPG
Quote from hiben1 :As you can see from the pictures attached the new symbols for the virtual dash are not working properly on my computer, I have tried installing the new patch on two different computers, one a laptop and a desktop which are both on Vista Home Premium, I have also tried re-downloading LFS and reinstalling the patch but with no luck!

The laptop is a Intel chipset with Intel Graphics and the Desktop is custom built with AMD x2 processor and Nvidia Graphics Card, if you need more detail on the specs please let me know.

looks like u didnt install a language pack , dont know which one
i never saw LFS.exe error befor Z16 update, this one came after I connect to server.
error report from event viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 03.10.2009
Time: 15:55:11
User: xxx
Computer: xxx
Description:
Faulting application LFS.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module LFS.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000c69e7.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 4c 46 53 ure LFS
0018: 2e 65 78 65 20 30 2e 30 .exe 0.0
0020: 2e 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 20 .0.0 in
0028: 4c 46 53 2e 65 78 65 20 LFS.exe
0030: 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 0.0.0.0
0038: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65 at offse
0040: 74 20 30 30 30 63 36 39 t 000c69
0048: 65 37 e7

Attached images
err.jpg
Attached files
DxDiag_rep.txt - 37.8 KB - 364 views
Sorry if it's written before, but I use tripple screen setup and when I play with bezel compensation setting, the most left pixel on the mid screen is adjusted too, like if it's a pixel on the left screen. I use 3x1280x1024 and it's like if bezel compensation compensates the left 1281 pixels. Thank you. Sounds like great feature.. I had no problem with the old tripple screen setup... I still wonder if i miss a setting or I have to align my screens different..

PS: All 3 screens are active when I'm on in-car-view, but on all other views only my mid screen is active. Is this a new feature? It was very very nice to spec on 3 screens in tv-mode... did i miss something? (EDIT: i missed something, thx morpha)

PS2: Is there a way to setup the renders on left/right screen? It looks like they are rendered for a 45 degree setup? My screens aren't placed at 45 degrees and is it an idea to make that 45 degrees a setting? So I could put it on 20 or something
Quote from Mischa NED :PS: All 3 screens are active when I'm on in-car-view, but on all other views only my mid screen is active. Is this a new feature? It was very very nice to spec on 3 screens in tv-mode... did i miss something?

Quote from Scawen :Note :

External views (TV, helicopter and SHIFT+U mode) are always drawn as
a single render and confined to the same area as the 2D interface.

Thanks for the patch. The new virtual dash symbols are awesome, hope to see them inside car too soon.

Didn't notice any bug, well, I never had bugs on LFS,
Attached images
4577.jpg
Great update, but there are still a few problem, mostly with the lights.

I updated from my old, standard Z to z16, my headlights were under the '6' button ('3' is used for my ignition).
When I pressed '6' the lights came on but when I released the button they went out again, just like in the standard Z. I tried it with both the XFG and the XRG. If I change the light button back to '3', nothing changes. I haven't yet tried it on a fresh install of patch Z.

Another thing, I really like the lights inside (shift up, handbrake, indicators and headlights), but the position of them changes, cockpit view is different from chase view.

I also seem to have lost the ability to keep the indicators on as long as I press the button and don't touch any other button while holding the indicator. Maybe a small change/improvement, if it's possible, could be to separate the left and right indicator so you can see on witch side the indicator is on.

V / TAB / P / HOME / F1 / F2 / F3 / F / SHIFT+M / N work in options-thing works most of the time, in works in every category in options except 'options > controls'.
On the topic of the dash symbols: Why is the symbol for the lights on the full beam one? Shouldn't it be low beam? Maybe add full beam with the same second brightness layer as the brake light...

Also, I don't know if it's intended or not, but other than the camera control keys and chat the keyboard isn't working in Shift+U mode...
Quote from morpha :

Ehm sry I guess I missed something.. i read it wrong. First thing I did was disable left/right monitor to go back to "old style" like Scawen described. I hoped everything would be like before, but I guess not Maybe something worked on still? Watching a race on 3x screen in TV mode is really cool... you can see about whole the field racing
Quote from ALT0160 : I updated from my old, standard Z to z16, my headlights were under the '6' button ('3' is used for my ignition).
When I pressed '6' the lights came on but when I released the button they went out again, just like in the standard Z. I tried it with both the XFG and the XRG. If I change the light button back to '3', nothing changes. I haven't yet tried it on a fresh install of patch Z.

The new lights on/off switch is different from the light flashing thing you have binded to '6'. Some one reported that if you have something else bound to '3' the light switch does not work. You can try unbinding your ignition from '3' and then lights should switch on/off from '3'.
Quote from ALT0160 :Great update, but there are still a few problem, mostly with the lights.

I updated from my old, standard Z to z16, my headlights were under the '6' button ('3' is used for my ignition).

Another thing, I really like the lights inside (shift up, handbrake, indicators and headlights), but the position of them changes, cockpit view is different from chase view.

I also seem to have lost the ability to keep the indicators on as long as I press the button and don't touch any other button while holding the indicator. Maybe a small change/improvement, if it's possible, could be to separate the left and right indicator so you can see on witch side the indicator is on.

V / TAB / P / HOME / F1 / F2 / F3 / F / SHIFT+M / N work in options-thing works most of the time, in works in every category in options except 'options > controls'.

Nothing wrong there Z16 has a lights flashing key (your 6) and a light stay on key the 3. So you just need another ignition key. This means 3 is reserved now and should not be assigned to something else.
Great patch with impressive multi-monitor support!

Hope we can get the realistic pitch and roll as in iRacing and other racing games aswel!

(Already implemented through InSim by Rotareneg HERE!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLVUq_Ex2H4
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG