The online racing simulator
yeah, i'tll probably have the usual gt5 modding. stage 1-3 or whatever. different clutches, and diffs tires, spoilers, rims, weight reduction.. hopefully we'll actually be able to tell the difference between the different diffs this time around -_-. and it wont feelt like you always have an open dif.
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah, i'tll probably have the usual gt5 modding. stage 1-3 or whatever. different clutches, and diffs tires, spoilers, rims, weight reduction.. hopefully we'll actually be able to tell the difference between the different diffs this time around -_-. and it wont feelt like you always have an open dif.

yeah, ill get my old psp back up and running, was cool playing gt4 on it tho
i used to have contests w/ my bro where we'd set a max total amnt you can spend on a car+ parts total, then try to tune it to a specific set of tracks. and fastest lap times win
Quote from Gabkicks :its just that the animation doesnt turn as much. Very few games have animated 900 degree steering. NFS Shift has even less steering. Forza 3 has very little as well as grid and dirt.

LFS has animated 720 degree steering.

Considering the excruciating lengths they're going for other graphical details, surely animated steering isn't too much to ask.
Quote from Gabkicks :i used to have contests w/ my bro where we'd set a max total amnt you can spend on a car+ parts total, then try to tune it to a specific set of tracks. and fastest lap times win

the cein with nitrous and normal tyres....

Quote from Mattesa :LFS has animated 720 degree steering.

Considering the excruciating lengths they're going for other graphical details, surely animated steering isn't too much to ask.

I think the main reason they don't do it is because the crazy speed the wheel would have to turn. For example, if you use a 360 pad on LFS and turn the steering from left > right, the animated steering wheel goes crazy fast, hence why i think they wouldn't do it. DiRT 2 has done this quite well however. There's a fair bit of steering movement (around 200 deg's ingame iirc) but it moves at a nice pace, looking realistic.

As for me, i couldn't care less.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I think the main reason they don't do it is because the crazy speed the wheel would have to turn. For example, if you use a 360 pad on LFS and turn the steering from left > right, the animated steering wheel goes crazy fast, hence why i think they wouldn't do it. DiRT 2 has done this quite well however. There's a fair bit of steering movement (around 200 deg's ingame iirc) but it moves at a nice pace, looking realistic.

As for me, i couldn't care less.

With a game pad the game would use assisted steering as per usual which would clip steering speed and max steering angle accordingly, so it wouldn't be a problem.

I won't care as long as there's the option to remove the virtual wheel. Otherwise I think it's a pretty big flaw.
Quote from spyshagg :gta4 crawls at 30fps at best. Lots of stuttering etc.

GT5 is sweet 60fps 1080p (well, upscaled but still very nice).

the physics are allright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2_kF_2l2U

That looks very floaty and detached. Sure you can't take hairpins at 120mph but it doesn't seem to be very realistic from a handling pov..
In some early stage of GT5P (i think before it was released) there was around 720 degree steering wheel animation. There are some old videos around where it was like that. They changed it before release however, and i doubt we'll see it again in GT5. And i'm pretty damn sure it won't be possible to disable the virtual steering wheel.
Just got GT for psp.... Off to buy memory card..........
Finally got GT PSP, Damn the Intro is great!!! Just started, will post my thoughts

Initial Thoughts : Graphics are amazing for a PSP, interior view is great fun, aint done much, just first few driving challenges...
What do you guys think we keep this thread just for the GT5? not GT PSP? I don't know, just a thought..
After the number of times the Forza threads have spiralled into angry fanboy wars? I don't think so
Quote from Boris Lozac :What do you guys think we keep this thread just for the GT5? not GT PSP? I don't know, just a thought..

Well I beliebe they are able to work together, as in transfer cars from game to game, and that they are essentially the same game, and that GT5 is not out yet, I dont see why its a problem

Playing GT PSP for abit now, I think its great, I dont mind the no Career mode, Its easy to jump in and race.. Graphics are amazing for PSP , Got an S2k and Skyline R33 so far, and I love the in-car view, feels great!

Only thing thats dissapointing is Photo Mode? Is there one? On Motorstorm PSP there is and it saves to Mem stick which imo is a great feature...
I haffto wait until tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is gonna be hectic for me for gaming. I have GTPSP, and 2 more Fallout 3 DLC's. I have no idea which to prioritize.
GT5 on PSP is tragical IMO.

The graphics are ok I guess. The cockpit tho... so fake it makes me angry... its even worse than Forza 3 where we just get like half of it, on here tho, its all blacked out..... Cant see anything just the damn window.... So fake....

Also, no career is a big fail....

Its an ok game to pass time when really bored. But for nothing more. Not something that would you keep wanting to go and play it again....
GT PSP should never have been made. They should have let it go when GT4 Mobile got delayed over and over and then finally axed, just to be started again and made in to GT PSP. All it did was delay the release of GT5 further away, even Kaz admitted it.
Quote from DevilDare :GT5 on PSP is tragical IMO.

The graphics are ok I guess. The cockpit tho... so fake it makes me angry... its even worse than Forza 3 where we just get like half of it, on here tho, its all blacked out..... Cant see anything just the damn window.... So fake....

Also, no career is a big fail....

Its an ok game to pass time when really bored. But for nothing more. Not something that would you keep wanting to go and play it again....

What else did you expect? It's a small handheld gadget, not a beast with 8 processors like the PS3. It was never going to be the greatest game ever, it was just a good thing to develop from a marketing point of view.
Putting tire physics aside, GT has always had a suspension simulation and force (not ffb) transfer problem. It never seems like the car is actually driving on the surface of the track. Nor does it seem like the attitude of the chassis is effected by outside influences (ie. not user input). It seems like there is too much suspension movement and very little chassis load transfer. The suspension becomes really apparent on the grass. The lack of transfer of forces on the chassis is noticeable when you tap the rear end on a wall.

When driving on the grass, the chassis may be jiggling but it looks like you are driving over smooth undulating speed-bumps. It seems the same on the track when you drive over any curbs or bumps except not as drastic. All the bumps are too smooth.

I am not implying that any road car should be out on the grass either.

On the Tokyo R246 you are able to slide the car around a corner and use the wall to give you more grip (note: you can do this anywhere). The yaw of the car doesn't seem to be effected by the inertia of the car and the force of the wall on the rear end. The car just instantaneously changes direction to follow the wall. Also try a pit maneuver on another car. The other car will just be pushed sideways and will not rotate. Outside forces do not effect the chassis attitude.

If you got suckered into buying GT5P, like me, you have the opportunity to test these things out for your self. Just drive on that mountain road track (Eiger Nordwand) and pay attention to the landing of the jump. when the car lands it seems like it has landed in jelly. The car just sinks into its natural resting position. The rebound is hardly noticeable at all. Also try the wall-riding at different yaw angles.

The examples I have given are just the ones that stand out the most. But, if you pay any attention to the way the chassis moves everywhere else you will see that it is similar, just less drastic.

After 5 years of playing games that actually try to simulate physics, I have come to loathe the GT series even though I was so fond of it before. They don't even seem to be trying to put out "The Real Driving Simulator" as the title of the game says.

But of course the graphics are amazing! And that is all that counts in a driving simulator!
Legoflamb just posted my thoughts exactly
Just wait until Boris is reading this... (long physics post above)
Quote from jibber :Just wait until Boris is reading this... (long physics post above)

Um, i don't have anything to counter it, i never praised GT's physics, only the FF. You think i'm some kind of GT fanboy? But let's wait for the full game before making any other bashing comments
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU Go play your thumbstick simulator
-
(jibber) DELETED by jibber
Some new info and Veyron scans

Quote :As for the new car, will have representation in vogue the hybrids. Also present will first legendary brands like Lamborghini and Bugatti. Until we have cars from NASCAR and World Rally. Speaking of NASCAR, Yamauchi noted that the deformation and damage in these high-speed races will be absolutely amazing and true to life, with turns, spins, roll, and so on. We will have to see to believe.

Then took a look at another set of game features that he says make Gran Turismo what is today a reference in the world of driving simulations. Arcade and story modes are the same as previous versions, but taken to the next generation. That is, new graphics, new physics, new details. In the shop there will be many parties to improve your cars. The creator was particularly proud of this facet of The Game. We commented that he can change almost every imaginable piece of the vehicle. Not just the typical sections of the engine, brakes, etc. ..

The online mode will have full support. The development team has focused a lot on this. There will be private rooms where you can connect with other players and tournaments closed set, for example. With regard to the shooting mode, Yamauchi told us that this feature, present from Gran Turismo 4 has been improved greatly. It can take pictures at any moment of the race, as well as specially prepared scenarios for this need. We were reminded that the improvement in the modeling (both circuit and car) will thus a delight for fans. On the technical side we said that the photos have a resolution of 8 megapixels.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG