The online racing simulator
Quote :Additionally they all got newer sounds, so they sound better as well.

Yeah, the sounds used to be very offputting... for me anyway, but the Formula 1600 atleast sounds really nice now. PS, what's a good time (i mean, decent enough for a total noob) at Crema in the F1600?

PSS, has anyone had a go at re-texturing tracks? I just dipped into the textures folder for Crema and there are a lot of pretty low res textures in there. There's no way I'll have any time for that stuff for a while, but if there are any decent mods around I'd be interested in having a look.
Quote from pacesetter :When does the special offer expire guys? I'm doing a skin pack to raise money for it, and need a deadline :P

When the beta programme finishes....which is impossible to say. I'd aim to get it within 6 weeks. Knowing netKars past it could be 12 months Though i think those dark days are well behind us. Get saving for it soon
Quote from Electrik Kar : but if there are any decent mods around I'd be interested in having a look.

There's 1 texture pack for Aviano, and its not very good, so i wont even bother linking you to it.
Quote from The Moose :Falkenberg, Silverstone, Laguna, Lastplace Lake

Can I copy them across from V 1.03 folder?

I tried that with the skins, they show up blank.

Also, any Fiat templates released yet?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Can I copy them across from V 1.03 folder?

I tried that with the skins, they show up blank.

Also, any Fiat templates released yet?

Yup, copy the tracks across. Just make sure you don't copy the Default tracks (Aviano/Prato/Newbury/Crema) across.

It seems that skins have changed from .tga to .png format. Just open it and resave it as a .png
can anyone one do me a flavour and upload the beta2/3 to sendspace?

cos neither driving italia or megaupload works in HK, and filefront isn't working properly.
Quote from The Moose :Yup, copy the tracks across. Just make sure you don't copy the Default tracks (Aviano/Prato/Newbury/Crema) across.

It seems that skins have changed from .tga to .png format. Just open it and resave it as a .png

That worked. Tyvm
Quote from The Moose :When the beta programme finishes....which is impossible to say. I'd aim to get it within 6 weeks. Knowing netKars past it could be 12 months Though i think those dark days are well behind us. Get saving for it soon

According to one of the devs it seems that it will be less than a couple of months. Possibly a lot less.
Quote from The Moose :According to one of the devs it seems that it will be less than a couple of months. Possibly a lot less.

Sorry this is probably quite a daft question but, there is more than just one dev? I thought it was just Kunos working on it.
Quote from danowat :Can't even get it to start here.

Copied across driver and license folders to my documents, firstly I was getting an error where the program couldn't find the Abarth splash.bmp, copied another in to try and get it working.

Now all I get when trying to run it is "failed to CreateDevice", something to do with Dracula or some other shite.

The program is a nightmare, guess I am too used to stuff just working

I got the same error in the beta1.
I tried to enable scazzato in nksound.cfg.

Did you copy your config files aswell?
netKar PRO v1.1 FULL Step 2/3 direct download link
netKar PRO v1.1 FULL Step 2/3 + nkPro v1.1 beta2 update2 direct download link (without delay/captcha) courtesy of liveforspeed.se:

nkpro11_beta2.zip (338mb)
nkp1.1_beta2_update2.zip (1mb)

Updating from previous version:

1) Extract the .zip-archive and install netKar PRO v1.1 FULL Step 2/3 to a new folder.
2) Start the game (netKar PRO_NT.exe) but exit immediately. A "netKar PRO" folder will have been created in "My Documents".
3) Copy the folders cfg, drivers and licences from your old nKP directory to "My Documents\netKar PRO".
4) Optionally, copy your custom tracks from the the tracks folder in your old nKP directory to where you installed the most recent version. But do NOT overwrite aosta, aviano, crema, newbury or prato.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from lovretta :
Did you copy your config files aswell?

That did it, many thanks

Now I can't get my pedals to work with it, wheel works, nothing on the pedals or shifters, tried setting the controller options, nothing.
Quote from NightShift :I noticed the 1/2 keys are no longer adjusting the FFB gain (they move the 'virtual finger' over the AIM controls I think) anyone knows how I am supposed to do that now without having to stop at the box?

Gain is now on the view tab of car setup in the pits.

The ff1600 is driftilicious around the new oval infield. And I love those turns featuring every possible variation of multi apex, blind entry, left right combos, crests, off camber etc.
Anyone know how to solve the black grass problem at the new track? Reinstalling drivers didn't work for me
Just had a quick go with the new beta. Still not quite sure what to make of it. Seems like an improvement physically over 1.03, and the sound is definately much better than before.

Several issues though; the tyre squeal is very nice, and pretty convincing, but way over the top. You only have to push the car to within 50% of the limit before the tyres start screaming at you. From my experience you have to push a tyre pretty damn hard before it starts making so much noise. It would be nice to have a subtle scrubbing noise when you aren't pushing too hard. I'm also pretty certain that the front tyres aren't producing any tyre squeal whatsoever either. If you induce lots of full lock understeer, no noise, and even if you lock the fronts up, no noise..

The rumble strips are also extremely loud, and I'm getting no external engine sound when the car is not within a few metres of the camera.

Finally, why is it that LFS is the only sim which doesn't require 100+ fps to get managably low steering lag? I tried applying lots of AA, and my fps dropped to 80, but the steering lag was seriously poor at that framerate. I found it needed to be over 140 fps before there was no noticable input lag.

P.S. This is only what I've noticed with the F1600, as I only have the demo.
How about removing the steering wheel from the car. Considering you have a wheel in your hands why would you need a graphical representation of it distracting you?

I've never understood this weird visual steering lag thing. Seems dumb to me!
Quote from Intrepid :How about removing the steering wheel from the car. Considering you have a wheel in your hands why would you need a graphical representation of it distracting you?

Well you can remove it.
Quote from Intrepid :How about removing the steering wheel from the car. Considering you have a wheel in your hands why would you need a graphical representation of it distracting you?

Heh. I actually always have the ingame steering wheel turned off for those exact reasons. I turned it on because the steering suddenly felt less connected to the front wheels after I turned on lots of AA, and I wanted to see if it was due to steering lag. So I only have it on for testing for input lag.

I don't think the lag is just visual though.
Quote from DaveWS :Several issues though; the tyre squeal is very nice, and pretty convincing, but way over the top.

Yeah it's a bit strange to hear it so clearly even weaving just a little bit at low speeds.

On another note, low speed physics are still strange. Stuck in a sandtrap, the F1600 was slowly spinning in one place in 1st with no throttle input. Also I managed to keep moving backwards slowly at a constant rate in 1st with *full* throttle, while in a sandtrap I was thinking some sort of clutch fail, but even then the sand wasn't slowing the car down.
Quote from danowat :That did it, many thanks

Now I can't get my pedals to work with it, wheel works, nothing on the pedals or shifters, tried setting the controller options, nothing.

Well, the reason why i asked did you copy config files at first was because i tought you did so before you posted about dracula error. Someone said that config files shouldn't be copied over, for you it solved a problem

I would suggest you to erase controller.cfg or whatever it is called. I'm currently away from home, for few days already. Don't have nkp installed here, as i'm posting from mobile phone, so couldn't exactly tell what to do.

I think i *read* something about one config file of this beta2 should be deleted, and then after you start the game it will be recreated, and everything should work fine...
Quote from wien : The sound is no longer offensively bad, which is good, though I'd still like synthetic sounds a-la LFS for the amount of information they provide

TBH I'm finding the current sounds a bit closer to RL than LFS. I love the idle sounds and how convincingly they scream at high RPMs. OTOH when pumping the throttle in neutral is very bad.

Quote from heson :Gain is now on the view tab of car setup in the pits.

I want to adjust FF gain while I'm driving, this was possible in Beta 1 but the key bindings have been changed.

BTW I've asked the Q on DI since my account got magically validated, so I'll post it here the answer if I get one.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
I'm having problems unlocking, hopfully someone can help me out a bit. I'm using 1.1 beta2, and have never unlocked before (so I don't have 1.0.3 files to copy over). I get the error 'USER UNKNOWN, CHECK DATA'. I received the PayPal receipt about 30 mins ago, is there a period of time before I can unlock?

- My driver's first/last names are exactly as in the PayPal receipt
- Do I need to put something specific in the Driver GUID field? I've just left it as it is atm
- First/last names in the unlock section are also exactly as in the PayPal receipt
- Paycode is the 16 digit, dash separated Receipt No.?

Thanks, people must have asked this a million times
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I'm having problems unlocking, hopfully someone can help me out a bit. I'm using 1.1 beta2, and have never unlocked before (so I don't have 1.0.3 files to copy over). I get the error 'USER UNKNOWN, CHECK DATA'. I received the PayPal receipt about 30 mins ago, is there a period of time before I can unlock?

- My driver's first/last names are exactly as in the PayPal receipt
- Do I need to put something specific in the Driver GUID field? I've just left it as it is atm
- First/last names in the unlock section are also exactly as in the PayPal receipt
- Paycode is the 16 digit, dash separated Receipt No.?

Thanks, people must have asked this a million times

You should recieve another email with your paycode, first name and last name.. the paycode isn't your paypal reciept
Aight, I'll wait then. Patiently.. :gnasher:

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG