The online racing simulator
More links
http://www.dax-racing.net/files/nkpro103_setup.exe

Torrent
http://www.bitenova.nl/tt/lh4w3

ohh..RTFM!

If you have the facilities to host a dedicated server pls do it Make sure you read the manual, as setting up a server correctly is essential for a trouble free experience.

A handy server tool is on it's way courtesy of Juha from Lastplace racing ..... more news on that later.

EDIT:- those links are on the nKPro site anyway, my bad marcjs
cat is out of the bag
A couple of tips that work for me. Your results may differ

Turn FF damping and FF friction to 0 to start with and work from there (in the setup screen)

FF feels more like 1.02 with lower caster settings.
:bounce8:
Quote :This version also marks a change in strategy for the software releases that will be more frequent and responding to the users's requests.

I loved this bit, what does frequent mean? It has taken over 2 years to get the game to a releasable state (assuming this finally is) so I'm not holding my breath.
ooohhh, took long enough time to try it
Going to be interesting to see the popular verdict on 1.0.3
I'm much more impressed than I was when I first tried it.

The game's now playable and the car feel really natural. It's quite easy actually to recover when the rear start to slip!

I still don't like however the emulator like interface. It's rubbish
is there a demo?

edit: nevermind!
Also be aware that not all the servers are currently 1.03 If you're having a problem connecting to a server that's probably the reason

and... those of you that are 1.02 licensed just need to copy your License and Driver folders from your 1.02 install over to your 1.03 install. That will save reactivation. Back up your Driver and License folders and you wont need to reactivate ever again
Cheers moosie for the links
Downloaded the whole lot. Lets see what nKPro 1.03 brings us.
Woohoo
I'm still not able to figure out how to setup my dfp properly with a linear steering.

900° degrees in the profiler and linear in the options but it's nowhere linear. and clicking on the manual button does nothing than sending adobe to eating some ram and cpu

EDIT:
how to setup steering isn't even mentioned in the manual...
No idea since nKp wouldn't even run on my puter, not that I'd have a wheel either but should it not be 1:1 if you set the profiler to the rotation of the car and use linear?
About time!

Im sure this will keep me busy today! Multiplayer anyone?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :No idea since nKp wouldn't even run on my puter, not that I'd have a wheel either but should it not be 1:1 if you set the profiler to the rotation of the car and use linear?

if the roatation of the cars would be mentioned somewhere i could' try that of course...
A few thing have come to light already. Some people are reporting no 'go to grid' button for the race start. I cant recall this happening in months of testing. It has been reported to Kunos.

Viewing the race in F3 is known to be buggy, cars appear to lag. This is also being worked on.
the steer button in options also only works half the time for me. i can click it, but it doesn't get when I'm turning my wheel.
Quote from three_jump :the steer button in options also only works half the time for me. i can click it, but it doesn't get when I'm turning my wheel.

Reported. Never seen that happen before, and i cant reproduce it.
Quote from The Moose :Reported. Never seen that happen before, and i cant reproduce it.

as said I really wanna give it a go, but whatever i do with the steering it has no influence on the actual game.

i set the roation in the logi profiler to 475° now, which looks good in the controler config. but as soon as i go on track it's back to 900° again.
sometimes when i click Go to box, the g25 doesn't work. I leave and enter the track day and it works again.
I was excited to try the new ptach the last one felt weird.

And my excitement has not been thrown away it was satisfied good job guys
Quote from spyshagg :sometimes when i click Go to box, the g25 doesn't work. I leave and enter the track day and it works again.

Reported
The standard of driving is absolutely crap on the servers running the FF1600's at the moment. That's to be expected on day one though i guess. Don't let it put you off

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG