The online racing simulator
Quote from mutt107 :PS3 may be cheaper, but xbox is much better, if you ps3 breaks, your out of luck.
if you xbox breaks(which don't happen much anymore) you get it fixed for free.

How are you out of luck? Sony has a 1 year (maybe it's 2?) warranty. Just because Microsoft made a crappy product that's prone to break (forcing them to extend warranty from 1 to 3 years (3 only if it's RROD, 1 year for everything else) to avoid a class action lawsuit) doesn't make it better.

Way to research stuff before you post. I wish I was as good at it as you are.

will you guys shut up already??? this is a gt5 thread, theres a ps3 thread a xbox thread, and a forza 3 thread...
Fine, I'll conclude with this:
1) I'll buy GT5 once it comes out as I have loved all the GT series.
2) I have GT:PSP preordered for its release on Oct. 1st
3) PS3 is better and cheaper in the long (and short now) run than a Xbox 360
4) GT4 is even entertaining for a laugh if you guys are bored. Go get 100% in it for something to do?

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Fine, I'll conclude with this:

Personally, I really, REALLY hope you conclude with that post, rather than spewing the same shite, over, and over, and over, like some broken record player.....

1) I'll buy GT5 once it comes out as I have loved all the GT series, Me too.
2) I have GT:PSP preordered for its release on Oct. 1st, Meh, don't need a portable
3) PS3 is better and cheaper in the long (and short now) run than a Xbox 360, personal opinion masquerading as fact, yes, the 360 HAD some reliability problems, we all know that, I have both, and the ps3 is not "better".
4) GT4 is even entertaining for a laugh if you guys are bored. Go get 100% in it for something to do? I spent alot of time with that game, never got 100% though, I think my greatest achievement was one of the races that involved a Mercedes, overtaking a load of other Mercedes on the Nurburgring, took me a long time to pass that one.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from jibber :For dustin...
http://blog.pimp-my-sales.de/wp-content/34jan29-fanboy.jpg

That's discusting lol

Quote from Wenom :Diary May 5th 2010

Ohno! It seems that I've been clumsy and I have scratched my original GT5 disc! Now I need to go to store and buy a new one (70€)! Screw you Sony and Ken!

Diary May 6th 2010

Ohno! It seems that I've been clumsy and I have scratched my original Forza 3 disc! Now I need to play it from my (2€) Verbatim DVD+R DL backup (modded Xbox360 DVD firmware:lovies3d! All hail Microsoft and Bill!

IMO you canot compare two things when the one includes you to do illegal stuff. I would rather say that PS3 is much clever and smarter made than the xbox, since they did not even manage to stop people from just download and play games. Well done MS, you failed again.

Now this is off topic, and I Have neither of the consolles. Xbox is cheaper, and has a better multiplayer system. But PS3 is a better machine in term of technology and power. Also, the way xbox was rushed out to counter the release of PS3 EVEN AS IT HAD A DEFECT is just purely horrible effing wrong. The first series over xbox's (360) had over 33% failure chance. I canot immagine anything that latest years that has been released with that much failrate.

So to sum it up, PS3 is a better machine compared to xbox, but xbox has by far the best multiplayer. Also, if your a cheap lad and just thinking of price, well xbox is the way to go since you then obviously will just download and play games instead of buying them.

Now, head back to GT5 topic ok?!
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from danowat :Personally, I really, REALLY hope you conclude with that post, rather than spewing the same shite, over, and over, and over, like some broken record player.....

1) I'll buy GT5 once it comes out as I have loved all the GT series, Me too.
2) I have GT:PSP preordered for its release on Oct. 1st, Meh, don't need a portable
3) PS3 is better and cheaper in the long (and short now) run than a Xbox 360, personal opinion masquerading as fact, yes, the 360 HAD some reliability problems, we all know that, I have both, and the ps3 is not "better".
4) GT4 is even entertaining for a laugh if you guys are bored. Go get 100% in it for something to do? I spent alot of time with that game, never got 100% though, I think my greatest achievement was one of the races that involved a Mercedes, overtaking a load of other Mercedes on the Nurburgring, took me a long time to pass that one.

No, just to keep you entertained I'll continue to post my same old facts regarding the PS3 while you maintain your myths regarding the Xbox 360 (Or should i just rename it to the RROD360 as that's what they do - RROD 360 times a year).

P.S. I wouldn't knock the portable. Never know what having what is essentially GT4 in your pocket can bring.
Quote from Wenom :It's not that illegal to have backups if you own the original copy. I have two LFS folders in my pc, for example one is used for restoring if something goes wrong with a texture mod I have installed. But if you use backup and you don't own the original copy ---> that's really illegal and kills business like PC-gaming.

True, a copy for your own useage is of course allowed But xbox as standard canot read those kind of cd's (I think), and therfor you need to mod it, which in the first place is not allowed (IIRC??) . Or have I misunderstood xbox completely, and it reads game cd's as standard without the need for mod'ing it?

Either way, both systems are good, so I don't care. If I were to buy one I probally would ended up buying both.
Quote from The Very End :True, a copy for your own useage is of course allowed But xbox as standard canot read those kind of cd's (I think), and therfor you need to mod it, which in the first place is not allowed (IIRC??) . Or have I misunderstood xbox completely, and it reads game cd's as standard without the need for mod'ing it?

Either way, both systems are good, so I don't care. If I were to buy one I probally would ended up buying both.

TVE: Mod chipped Xboxes = Void warranty (which is a bad idea as it will likely fail in sooner than due time).

Additionally, IIRC: Chipped Xboxes can get banned from Xbox Live, so you basically can't use Xbox Live without buying a whole new console.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Beeing banned from xbox live required you to be an idiot. Lol, sorry for that rude sentence, but it's true A mate of mine playing all the new games on it, never gets banned. The trick is a program that checks various things, and if it tells it's "safe", then he safely can run the game and do not fear beeing caught. He has played most games out there and not yet been caught. The ones that gets caught are the smart-people that plays games before they are even are released, and then wonders what the hell just happend

Edit : man above me beat me by some mere seconds
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No, just to keep you entertained I'll continue to post my same old facts regarding the PS3 while you maintain your myths regarding the Xbox 360 (Or should i just rename it to the RROD360 as that's what they do - RROD 360 times a year).

P.S. I wouldn't knock the portable. Never know what having what is essentially GT4 in your pocket can bring.

Dustin I own both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 and the online and sometimes single player experience of the Xbox is much better than that of the PS3. I have also noticed that the PS3 games lack AA.

Sure the PS3 may be better on paper but for most people the Xbox is better and the Xbox live fee is worth it because of all the great features you get.
Quote from Luke.S :Dustin I own both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 and the online and sometimes single player experience of the Xbox is much better than that of the PS3. I have also noticed that the PS3 games lack AA.

Sure the PS3 may be better on paper but for most people the Xbox is better and the Xbox live fee is worth it because of all the great features you get.

I don't care what you say or think as you're an idiot.

Oh come on you two

Both consolles have their good things. PS3 is a better machine, but what does that counts for when the xbox has by far a better multiplayer system and layout. In the end of the day they are pretty equally, and no box are superb compared to the others.

Now it's time to get back topic on the GT5 game, so take a :cake: and enjoy the day.
Xbox live offers a bit more than ps3 network, but ps3 network is free and it offers like 1/2 of the xbox live plus i hardly ever use all the stuff. I only use the network feature to play online and i will never pay for only that with the shitty extra features xbox has.

@ above far better system and layout??? -_-

xbox layout looks childish and non stylish, ps3 offers a clean and easy to acces layout. (imo)
Fine TVE, I'll calm down, go use my G25 on my PS3 and play some GT5:P and I'll let Luke.S and everyone else go play Forza with their G25... oh wait.

They gotta use the shitty xbox wheel.

Ye like what kind of sim/racing game is forze if you can't even play it with the most common wheel on the market?
Aww, no hard feelings to anyone of you, remember that.

Someone on the internet has allways other opinions
God damn you all, please stay on topic. I came in here hoping for more info on GT5 and all I got was yet more yawnworthy fanboy wars. Accept that people have different opinions from you and move on. You won't convince them, they won't convince you.

GT5 or STFU
Quote from G!NhO :They gotta use the shitty xbox wheel.

Ye like what kind of sim/racing game is forze if you can't even play it with the most common wheel on the market?

there's the fanatic.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's true though. It's a basic math exercise to see that the PS3 is cheaper. Why should I shut up when I'm right and can provide evidence.

FINE, i know that, just don't bring that shi* to every thread! It does sound like you're convicing yourself to something. It's disgusting to me also, and i have a PS3 and i hate the etics and everything surrounding the xbox brand and what it brought to the gaming industry. There were smart and hard games before xbox came along, now it's all about regenerating health and mindless and dumb games. They rushed a fu*kin PC packed in a huge console box and still haven't managed to keep the power unit in it.. It was the most breakable peace of hardware in history probably, just so they have a head start. They started to charge for online play, which LUCKILY hadn't made SONY follow them. Their marketing campaign is so vicious and so dangerous that it almost killed smart and hard games that doesn't have a commercial on a happy meal. Hype and brain washing is their way of work... there, you see what you made me do..
Quote from JJ72 :there's the fanatic.

Which is like a xbox, good but not good enough.
Quote from The Very End :That's discusting lol

IMO you canot compare two things when the one includes you to do illegal stuff. I would rather say that PS3 is much clever and smarter made than the xbox, since they did not even manage to stop people from just download and play games. Well done MS, you failed again.

Now this is off topic, and I Have neither of the consolles. Xbox is cheaper, and has a better multiplayer system. But PS3 is a better machine in term of technology and power. Also, the way xbox was rushed out to counter the release of PS3 EVEN AS IT HAD A DEFECT is just purely horrible effing wrong. The first series over xbox's (360) had over 33% failure chance. I canot immagine anything that latest years that has been released with that much failrate.

So to sum it up, PS3 is a better machine compared to xbox, but xbox has by far the best multiplayer. Also, if your a cheap lad and just thinking of price, well xbox is the way to go since you then obviously will just download and play games instead of buying them.

Now, head back to GT5 topic ok?!

A ps3 can get qoute erm hot on a hot summer day when running Midnight club LA but thats rackstars fault it happends only in that game.
And i myself own a xbox 360 and a ps3 the ps3 gets the glory here deu to some japanese games wich i love.

When i have both GT5 and forza 3 i wil do a very strict sim comparison between the two I wil be very strict in my verdict and post it in seperate thread.
If thats okay with the mods that is I wil take requests for things and catagories to compare them in ( so guys feel free to PM me with suggestions).
You all make me sick. Go get a life instead of derailing this thread with your petty bullshit.
That's sort of what I said, but less eloquently Perhaps if we redirect the Hubble telescope we might be able to locate the topic again.

I like GT5. It looks great. The cockpit view is really well done, the textures are all high quality. The damage model might not be quite up to snuff, but it's a good start. And there's plenty of time for patches.

NASA will be glad I saved them some dolla.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG