The online racing simulator
Quote from Migz :Oh that is disgusting! Haha!

Yeah i guess so, back in the olden days it probably did cost quite a bit as you had to buy film everytime you wanted to do anything :/.

Oh and i took 80 photos, and ended up with only 20 after deleting all the shnizz ones :|

Thats a really good ratio.

Sometimes if I go out on a day trip taking photo's I'd take close to 1000, I'd maybe get 5-10 that I'm really proud of.
Quote from mcintyrej :Thats a really good ratio.

Sometimes if I go out on a day trip taking photo's I'd take close to 1000, I'd maybe get 5-10 that I'm really proud of.

I've probably just let in aload of bullcrap ones though :/ Im uploading them now and ill post the link in a few mins.
I think my bad:good ratio is probably about 500:1 or maybe worse. I rarely take a photo that I'm proud of, but I'm not proud.. I share most of 'em online regardless
Popped out tonight and took a few snaps. Didn't go far though as am still recovering from a knee op - the car was always close by.

Sony A700 & Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ 30mm, f/8, 6s, ISO 100

Sony A700 & Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ 17mm, f/8, 10s, ISO 100

And I gave this treatment to the first one, which I quite like. I'm looking for an image to hang in my kitchen (50×70cm), the room is grey and white and neutral in colour, so this might do the trick:

Comments welcome.
Those are pretty sexy Can i ask where they were taken?
@Migz - Nice shots! They're all in focus which is a really good thing, most of them are composed well - I think you've got a bit of the photographic 'eye'.

I especially like the Vans ones.

Get yourself out and take pictures of random things that happen around you. Pictures of people always work well - as long as they don't discover your taking photo's of them.

Edit: Those pictures were taken in Newcastle, I think? Yeah definately Newcastle - I remember the bits over the other side of the river from when I did the great north run.
Quote from STROBE :Popped out tonight and took a few snaps. Didn't go far though as am still recovering from a knee op - the car was always close by. And I gave this treatment to the first one, which I quite like. I'm looking for an image to hang in my kitchen (50×70cm), the room is grey and white and neutral in colour, so this might do the trick:
Comments welcome.

Very beautiful! The color shots are incredibly rich in many colors of the spectrum, which makes them quite stunning.

For the kitchen, have you also thought of having that one print in true black and white (no blueish tint) and having 2 smaller close up detail shots to go with it? I always liked those combinations with several smaller detailed prints which add to the value of the master print. Kinda gives it an artsy fartsy museum gallery touch.
Quote from Migz :Those are pretty sexy Can i ask where they were taken?

Thanks. Is that a trick question though?
Quote from SilverArrows77 :oh look, its a baby Syndey Harbour Bridge how cute lol

F*ck off

hehe thanks for the comments though, I imagine it is a very different setting to it's big brother in Sydney. Colder and less glamorous! Didn't think I was going to be standing there so long waiting for the light to fade - was bloody freezing when I finally left!

Quote from (SaM) :For the kitchen, have you also thought of having that one print in true black and white (no blueish tint) and having 2 smaller close up detail shots to go with it? I always liked those combinations with several smaller detailed prints which add to the value of the master print. Kinda gives it an artsy fartsy museum gallery touch.

Hmm, no I hadn't thought of that, but cheers for the suggestion - might look into it.

The colours in the colour images are basically natural - just slight boosts to the vibrance and contrast, but nothing dramatic or distorting.
Quote from mcintyrej :@Migz - Nice shots! They're all in focus which is a really good thing, most of them are composed well - I think you've got a bit of the photographic 'eye'.

I especially like the Vans ones.

Get yourself out and take pictures of random things that happen around you. Pictures of people always work well - as long as they don't discover your taking photo's of them.

Edit: Those pictures were taken in Newcastle, I think? Yeah definately Newcastle - I remember the bits over the other side of the river from when I did the great north run.

Ahah, thank you

Yeah im rather a shy person, i wouldnt be able to take pictures of random people i dont know, wether they saw me or not.

Im more of a AnythingBesidesHumans kind of photographer

Edit:
Quote from STROBE :Is that a trick question?

Not at all, i dont know where that is :/ Although some people have said since i asked.
Quote from Migz :Not at all, i dont know where that is :/ Although some people have said since i asked.

Ah, right. I thought it was a pretty iconic structure that anyone would be able to place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyne_Bridge

But then I noticed where you're from, so I'll let you off if you send us some of your continental weather.
STROBE, I think the black/white/HiCon image is too busy. The colours are needed, really, for the eye to interpret the scene properly. Without the colours it's all just a bit too confusing. Since you're looking for something neutral for the kitchen, I'm thinking it'll need to be much more simple if it's going to work.

That's just me thinking more as a picture hanger than photographer, though

[edit] and yanno.. the colours are just drop-dead gorgeous anyway.. it'd be a damn shame to drop 'em!
Quote from STROBE :Ah, right. I thought it was a pretty iconic structure that anyone would be able to place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyne_Bridge

But then I noticed where you're from, so I'll let you off if you send us some of your continental weather.

Haha, yeah sure i can send you a bit, ill just bag it up and send it over.
Would it be alright if you send me some of your snow next winter?
Quote from STROBE :

Reminds me of one I took myself. Slightly different landscape, but the same idea:

That landscape you posted Sam is very very nice indeed. 11/10!
few shots from local power-station in Chvaletice

better resolution on my flickr photostream
Love that second one, Spangler.
Those are really nice shots, Spangler! I particularly like 2 and 4. Genuine colours?
Thanks, the last shot is cross processed
Portrait time!

Higher resolution on my flickr photostream
My friend from school. Stop thinking about her - shes still young lady
Quote from Spangler_CZE :Portrait time!

Higher resolution on my flickr photostream

Dat ass! Great exposure but the crop could've been just a bit wider to avoid clipping the, ahem, fur.
Yea I know that, it was quite spontal shot

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG