The online racing simulator
Now that the billboards are jpegs I'm sure it would be easier to persuade mags to throw it on their DVDs on a more regular basis as they can have their own logos on the tracks.
Quote from mickyc30 :oh ok, well this wasn't a mirror, it was the setup file saved to a dvd along with heaps of other stuff, so they have downloaded it and chucked the extractor on there.

Read what he wrote, there is np with it:
Quote from Scawen :In fact our download can be mirrored anywhere, including on a magazine's CD.

It's a simple win-win situation for Scawen & Co.
Maybe the magazine has a printing of 20.000 copies then the LFS demo is spread to 20.000 possible new buyer and Scavier is also saving the bandwith of 20.000 possible downloads. Nice Advertising for free
woooh, everyone loves free stuff, oh and BTW is Scavier a sponsor of LFS? or is it just a name for Scawen and co?
Scawen Victor Eric = Scavier. It's just a fictional company name for skins and billboards, made up this way.
ohhh isnt that fancy, what a neat name
Quote from SamH :Scawen Victor Eric = Scavier. It's just a fictional company name for skins and billboards, made up this way.

Exactly
and if people are lazy (like me ) and don't want to type everytime "Scawen, Victor and Eric" then you often see "Scavier" instead.
cool, so they are team scavier?
Heh I didn't know that before...
LFS featured at the E for All games expo in LA last week. It was showcased by Intel who set up two F1 simulators running Bf1 @ Blackwood (i think).
They held a fastest lap competition & the driver with the fastest time went home with one of their latest processors.

info from SRT episode 28
I write RACING GAMES NEWS for an australian Magazine called TechSpace

I did 2 spots for LFS

Quote from Sponge :I don't have al clue what he's on about.. but it's a nice ad

"... comes along side... comes forcefully along side, sweeping the other man's tyres WHAT A STYLISH, TEXT-BOOK OVERTAKE! Now the Finn will try and....

The worlds fastest nation -car simulation is now available. Participate online and win awesome prizes. Finals are driven on MTV3 Max"

We has good commercials eh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wCgtOYFxg
Nice one Adrian
Quote from Antsa :http://www.maailmannopeinkansa.fi/

Press release/news bit regarding that site:
Quote :Dodreamsin kehittämä Maailman nopein kansa -autosimulaatio perustuu suosittuun Live for Speed -simulaattoriin, joten perusasiat näyttävät olevan kunnossa.

Maailman nopein kansa -autosimulator developed by Dodreams is based on Live For Speed-simulator?

ed: Oops http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54836

But still, they're taking credit for making the game/simulator when all they developed was the league..
Altough it is little bit misleading way to say it, but it's pretty much what is said on the actual press release, so can't blame the editor (and he even gave a link to lfs.net).

Press release (in Finnish): http://www.dodreams.com/pdf/Pressrelease23032009.pdf

"Olemme kehittäneet ainutlaatuisen turnausjärjestelmän ja integroineet sen lisensoimaamme
korkealaatuiseen peliin."

= "We have developed a unique tournament system and integrated it into a high quality game we have licensed"

No problem I think Hopefully devs charged enough for that licensing.
-
((SaM)) DELETED by Victor : cleaned thread after moving new finnish guy's posts
-
(bbman) DELETED by Victor : cleaned thread after moving new finnish guy's posts
-
(hrtburnout) DELETED by Victor : cleaned thread after moving new finnish guy's posts
Quote from deggis :
= "We have developed a unique tournament system and integrated it into a high quality game we have licensed"

No problem I think Hopefully devs charged enough for that licensing.

I hope so too, now is the chance to get rich Scavier team.

E: The tournament mode Sucks IMO, they dont even use full capacity of their servers and when theres too much ppl then its that sucky lag
-
((SaM)) DELETED by Victor : cleaned thread after moving new finnish guy's posts
-
Please! (AslerVNZ) DELETED by the_angry_angel : Inappropriate location.
Today, in polish program Gadżet aired on TVN Turbo channel LFS appeared in the review about Race-Pro simulator - http://race-pro.pl/en/index.htm. Famous polish racing driver said it is very nice and realistic. And he also managed to destroy clutch in - probably - FZR
http://www.chudy2001.kemot.net/lfs/video/Race-Pro.mpg <--and here's link to download that. And what is he saying?
00:20 - Girl - Nowadays this is the only simulator like this in Poland. I won't test it alone, Adam Kornacki will help me with this.
00:30 - So finally i can feel like at work.
00:37 - For the first time i'm driving with sequential gearbox, i'm trying somehow to deal with this, although i don't know the track so i will look at the map. It's shaking me all over the place in this.
00:48 - I have to admit that You can definitly see/feel stuff You don't feel on the typical sim on PC, all kinds of bumps and irregularities are easly felt. Up and down. Oh, and i've spun for the second time in this same place, so that means i'm starting to learn the track.
01:00 - and those were the tires.
01:06 - And now we are going to experience real forces/overloads. One lap from standing start. Ok, first gear with sequential gearbox. I'm almost like a pro :P. Here You go, immediately You feel declination/deviation to the back. Second, third, fourth, every gear change, damn almost like in my race car. If I remember correctly I have been shaken like that about 6 years ago in rallycross. Such forces were really present then. In real racing such forces propably weren't apparent, by that i mean bumps etc, but thanks to that we can truly feel the road and it's height.
1:47 - so braking, and You face immediatly moves towards the wheel. Every deceleration,and the weight moves towards the front and we have better steerability.
2:00 - so here i've overdone on one of (... didn't find the word, it's this blue/white thing by the track .). Ok, now i have long straight and that means a little bit of relax. It unleashes animal instincts in me (O.o).
2:15 - it's broken... so You can break a car in this also? I didn't know that! I have red engine light(or something like that! ^^), so that means "the end" for me...
2:24 - If i had such a thing in my house, i would gladly prepare myself in winter for the summer racing season. Trust me that this simulator gives a lot! You can really train Yourself, and in certain precentage it can recreate what really happens in real racing car. I will drive a little more now .

Btw. It's rather amateur translation , so sorry .
That Race Pro seems to be Force Dynamics, so no wonder that LFS is used.

Thanks for translation.
On the Hannover Messe(industry exhibition), SEW Eurodrive uses LFS on a sort of own force feedback cockpit, in combination with a G25. They build it to promote their linear induction motors. But it was not working properly when I was there.
Quote from ACCAkut :On the Hannover Messe(industry exhibition), SEW Eurodrive uses LFS on a sort of own force feedback cockpit, in combination with a G25. They build it to promote their linear induction motors. But it was not working properly when I was there.

lmao, anyways i need vacation.
Volkswagen Announces Partnership with iRacing.com
I wonder whether "Volkswagen Announcing their Partnership with iRacing.com" has anything to do with this release date expantion...

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG