The online racing simulator
The best part of InsideSimRacing is Jessica.
Quote from Ripley :The best part of InsideSimRacing is Jessica.

Why? She's a fat cow.
She looks OK to me....

Quote from PioneerLv :Fat? Ha!

Ok fat isnt the right word, i would say she had eat too much Snickers.
Quote from TurboBlaster :Why? She's a fat cow.

Not exactly fat... but she IS quite massive

About the show, I do believe they go further and further down on the highway to fanboy profanity land.
Last time I saw them - they were comparing steering wheels in a head to head test (which is a great idea) using the best pedal set they could find - the Fanatec clubsport something, which comes ONLY with a Fanatec wheel. How the hell is THAT a fair comparision? Or is the result going to be "best wheel you can buy is Logitech G27.... with Fanatec pedals" those things don't exactly come in 1 box you know.
Quote from squidhead :Not exactly fat... but she IS quite massive

About the show, I do believe they go further and further down on the highway to fanboy profanity land.
Last time I saw them - they were comparing steering wheels in a head to head test (which is a great idea) using the best pedal set they could find - the Fanatec clubsport something, which comes ONLY with a Fanatec wheel. How the hell is THAT a fair comparision? Or is the result going to be "best wheel you can buy is Logitech G27.... with Fanatec pedals" those things don't exactly come in 1 box you know.

Did they say the G27 wheel itself is better? How is belt drive not as good?
Quote from Bose321 :Did they say the G27 wheel itself is better? How is belt drive not as good?

I apologize for the confusion, that "verdict" was just something I made up on the go, just to provide an example. They haven't reached a verdict yet, I believe
Belt drive feels much, much better than cogwheel. It really is much enjoyable in using. And precision is better too.

(Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB)

Feels great, better than my Momo. In my opinion... better than G25 too.
Live for Speed in Speed
One little review in one of Czech car magazines

And a quick translation...

Quote :
Live for Speed

Only three people are developing this game. Despite that, it's one of the most complex and most realistic simulators of the world.

The game simulates aerodynamics, specific car component (over)heating, realistic engine or suspension damage, fuel consumption and its effect on car CoG, and even the tyre sidewall deformation. LFS was labelled as the best car sim of in the world by several magazines. You can drive more than 20 cars with a wide range of power and various engine and drive configuration.

Real car licenses are expensive, so the cars are not the real ones, although you will notice the similarity with Caterham, Porsche, Honda or Mini. But you can find several real vehicles there as well - e. g. the Formula BMW Sauber F1.06.

LFS is mainly a multiplayer game - you can drive in a single player mode too, but you will not experience the ability to compare your skills with other players from all over the world. LFS offers a complex database of races, driven laps, world records and a list of racing teams. Unfortunately, you cannot buy this game just "in a box", you have to download it from www.lfs.net and pay via your credit card.

Attached images
speed_lfs.jpg
-
(joen10) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Vegas Las) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Finnish TV channel MTV3 released ''maailman nopein kansa''(''world fastest nation'') game in early 2009. Actually its just lfs with some minor changes(official mtv3 skins and ad boards). 1 day after real F1 race there was fbm tournament in maailman nopein kansa. In late 2009 they showed semi finals and finals on TV. Winner of maailman nopein kansa got tickets to F1 Spain GP 2010, 2000€, driving gloves and shoes and some stuff from sponsors.

Finals part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYV_4RcepFE
Finals part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... FCEW4&feature=related
Finals part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... f8u8g&feature=related
Beat me to it, but yeah, it's in Engadget today.
The name Live For Speed got named in 4 news papers in The Netherlands thanks to me.

Photo of one of the articles is attatched.
Attached images
1. LvC ED.jpg
#392 - 65D
Quote from Myffe :Finnish TV channel MTV3 released ''maailman nopein kansa''(''world fastest nation'') game in early 2009.

I got to know about Live For Speed trought the Maailman Nopein Kansa. And I'm very happy I found it.
LFS featured on Collegehumor. It has 175 likes which is quite a lot for a non-original video! Here

Same video as NSX Freedom.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :LFS featured on Collegehumor. It has 175 likes which is quite a lot for a non-original video! Here

Same video as NSX Freedom.

Commentary is in Czech "Kolik tam ma?... Asi 300.... 325"
I think this was posted before, but:

LFS was in the show futurecars, it showed the BF1 on BL1R
Dear guys!

I would like to tell you the story of the Hungarian LFS Community's latest milestone. The National Automobilsport Federation of Hungary has just offered officially a real racing licence for the winner of the 11th Hungarian LFS Championship. I think it is a massive respect for the organizers, for the drivers, and for you too, because of this great job, you did with this simulator. Championship starts on the 3rd of October.

So we would like to thank you so much every minute you spent on bringing it to perfection.

You can follow us, and you can find these news with a video(cut from the news) here: http://live-for-speed.hu/news.php

Keep up the good work!
Bye

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG