The online racing simulator
LFS was shown in the Dutch late-night show "Jensen" tonight. One of the guests was the famous Dutch F1 commentator Olav Mol and both the presenter and Mol used a simulator with LFS (looked like Formula V8 on Blackwood - I only caught a glimpse of it).
I'll try to get a replay of it
Quote from traxxion :LFS was shown in the Dutch late-night show "Jensen" tonight. One of the guests was the famous Dutch F1 commentator Olav Mol and both the presenter and Mol used a simulator with LFS (looked like Formula V8 on Blackwood - I only caught a glimpse of it).
I'll try to get a replay of it

Nice! A shame I missed it, Jensen's an awesome show with millions of viewers..

I'll see what I can find as well!

EDIT:
We'll need to wait a little while until they upload the show and post it on this page:
http://www.rtl.nl/service/gemist/maandag/
Quote from (SaM) :We'll need to wait a little while until they upload the show and post it on this page: http://www.rtl.nl/service/gemist/maandag/

Annddd... it's online :P
Click ( [url="javascript:void(0)"] 15-10 Olav Mol[/url]) on the top right of that page, they start the simulator after about 10 minutes!

Edit: it's the BF1 on Blackwood
Edit2: A shame they don't call the game by it's name, nor is it mentioned in the credit titles
Hahaha, they both sucked major ass! Was very funny seeing both of them playing LFS. I liked how Jensen mentioned it was the real deal, 'a simulator for racers just like the simulator in wich aircraft pilots get trained in.'

But yeah, no mention of LFS whatsoever.
Yeah it was nice to see it on tv.. but shame they didn't mention it was LFS Noticed the "support" guy in the back? he had 2 pc's to run LFS and that simulator
I couldn't understand a word but that looked like a casual prime time talk show? So I don't think not mentioning LFS was that big thing... 99% of people who saw that would have forgotten it immediately anyway
Quote from deggis :I couldn't understand a word but that looked like a casual prime time talk show? So I don't think not mentioning LFS was that big thing... 99% of people who saw that would have forgotten it immediately anyway

Well, there's plenty of people watching this show and also plenty of people who are into racing know Olav Mol, the guest. People that are into racing are the target group for LFS. And you can bet also plenty of people watched the show especially because of Olav being in it.

I'll go look into the channel's forums to see if anyone asked a question about wich 'game' it was.
Jumping into the fastest car and most difficult as a beginner it doesn´t suprise me they can´t handle it. Bad car choice.
Cool... the simulator was probably a force dynamics 301?
And it was the only carchoice since the guest is F1 commentator.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Cool... the simulator was probably a force dynamics 301?
And it was the only carchoice since the guest is F1 commentator.

the simulator was definitely the fd301, run by Pitbox race events
Cool no events for it yet. Maybe something for a birthday
today at the broadcast of the last F1 grand prix they showed that simulator with LFS again now you can win a day with the simulator and with Christian Albers to give you tips.. but if an LFS race wins that, Christian will be the one that will receive the tips
Quote from Sponge : today at the broadcast of the last F1 grand prix they showed that simulator with LFS again now you can win a day with the simulator and with Christian Albers to give you tips.. but if an LFS race wins that, Christian will be the one that will receive the tips

I saw it too...

I already was confused a bit... But I really thought I saw LFS (BF1 @ BLGP)

anyways, I was wondering... Does anyone know if they use LFS tracks or homemade tracks in the BMW team...? (as in, do THEY mod?)
Quote from Sponge : today at the broadcast of the last F1 grand prix they showed that simulator with LFS again now you can win a day with the simulator and with Christian Albers to give you tips.. but if an LFS race wins that, Christian will be the one that will receive the tips

Christijan Albers? Hahaha, that guy will probably give you tips how to always take out the gaspump from your fueltank before driving off.
I'm sure he learnt a good valueble lesson from his little 'accident'.
Christian is in luck since fuelpomps and pitcrews are not modelled in LFS yet
Quote from BlakjeKaas :
anyways, I was wondering... Does anyone know if they use LFS tracks or homemade tracks in the BMW team...? (as in, do THEY mod?)

What? Do you mean BMW F1 team uses LFS to practice? No way.
I was at the Zürich Auto show today. BMW-Sauber had rFactor running but at Goodyear there was a Full-Motion Simulator with LFS running.
Attached images
Bild035.jpg
odd since LFS has michelin's in it and not goodyear
There are no Michelin Ads on Blackwood iirc, however in the Version they used most Ads were from Goodyear.
That's awesome. I really wonder though, coming from a G25, focusing alot on the feedback through your hands. Would a motion rig like that just be sensory overload?
Quote from UncleBenny :odd since LFS has michelin's in it and not goodyear

I thought that exact same thing!
Quote from srdsprinter :That's awesome. I really wonder though, coming from a G25, focusing alot on the feedback through your hands. Would a motion rig like that just be sensory overload?

Dunno. There where just too much people waiting so i couldn't try it.

Sadly there was a Guy guarding the Host PC. Placing a few ramps and/or Red-white Barriers on the Backstraight and watching the next unsuspecting Driver must be funny.
Quote from Highsider9 :Sadly there was a Guy guarding the Host PC. Placing a few ramps and/or Red-white Barriers on the Backstraight and watching the next unsuspecting Driver must be funny.

Hahaha. That would cause a major trauma for the newbie. I like it!

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG