The online racing simulator
LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
thx rumi
Is that video from some kind of lame console game tv program? That interviewer girl didn't really seem to know much about driving games.

The video can be also found here: http://lfs-news.bluepixel.dk/moviespit/ Subs are included in the video.
She didn't seem to know much about driving full stop :P Not even knowing what a blue flag is *sigh*
Quote from Jardier :try to download video with subtitles

heh I did this, and I actually said that only the subtitles allowed me to understand it
Quote from ORION :heh I did this, and I actually said that only the subtitles allowed me to understand it

oh sry I dont understand ur previous post
Quote from nswg-boomzer :Hi every one,

I just downloaded the game looking forward to playing. :P

This is great news! Thanx!

Quote from deggis :Is that video from some kind of lame console game tv program?

No, it isn't. Which isn't all that bad, because these "normal programs" attract larger audience than "lame console game tv programs"
Quote from Vykos69 :GameStar 10/2005 www.gamestar.de
Test: Not the best written test, some errors in it (WTF is a vinyl-editor?) still 83%

I look at www.gamestar.de usually once a day. Well I just check the main site for news and the forum. But i didn't see any LfS-Tests before today. I also searched for it...

MUST be my fault!
advertising from expert (electronic trade chain):

Life For Speed? Which game is that?
Hey that PC is a bargain! If only they'd supply a wheel with it it would be a complete LFS package.. all you need!
Poor job on the research and the graphics tho, haha.
Mind you that its without monitor, so add about 400~500 euro to get a monitor that matches the quality of the PC and you still have a pretty expensive pc.
I know. But then again, I havent checked PC prices lately. Back when I bought this rig I had spent alot more for a pc like that, but I think the prices dropped anyway.
lfs was mentioned on motorstv this month. they were reviewing the best motor racing games of the new millenium. unfortunately they only mentioned s1 version. but they still liked it.
LFS.. one of very few games to get a great rating while its still at alpha / beta stage!!! now.. who else can do that? honestly!!!
Quote from joncox :lfs was mentioned on motorstv this month. they were reviewing the best motor racing games of the new millenium. unfortunately they only mentioned s1 version. but they still liked it.

What other games they mentioned?
LFS S2 Alpha P2 Demo on actual "ComputerBild Spiele" DVD. That games-mag is sold over 1 million times in germany....
Quote from Vykos69 :LFS S2 Alpha P2 Demo on actual "ComputerBild Spiele" DVD. That games-mag is sold over 1 million times in germany....

Now that's really great news! I hope LFS will get anther boost like it was when they put the 0.2 demo on the Gamestar disc
#47 - OPK
Quote from GP4Flo :LFS will get anther boost like it was when they put the 0.2 demo on the Gamestar disc

I was cought by them \o/
Peliplaneetta, one of the biggest game-sites of Finland, reviewed S2. It's in Finnish, but English summary should be available soon.

http://www.peliplaneetta.net/arvostelut/566/

+ Physics engine
+ Online-features
+ LFS World
+ Strong community

- Sound
- The feeling of being there (or something like that....)
I guess 91 is the rating in percent?
If yes, then it's a nice review
Quote from ORION :I guess 91 is the rating in percent?
If yes, then it's a nice review

Yes, 91/100

EDIT: The English summary:

Live For Speed has to be one of the top Internet racing simulations for PC at the moment. The level of realism may scare you away at first, but the game gets better and better the more you learn it. S2 now has the eagerly-awaited new cars and tracks. Best of all, you can find now some formula cars with realistic aerodynamics implemented. The game - no sorry, 22-car-on-grid simulation - has a realistic physics engine which can give you a challenge for countless hours. The physics engine is one of LFS's best features. However, the game does not compare to other products on the market in terms of the audiovisual experience, due to modest engine sounds and graphic design. You can buy the game from www.liveforspeed.net and support the independent development team. Try the demo first and fall in love, I know I did.

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG