The online racing simulator
Quote from RiGun :Sorry for the OT but, is there any replay of heikki racing? how do you know he was in fact hekki? :S

Heikki was still at Renault when he tried LFS and due to copywright issues they wern't allowed to take photos or videos of him.

I can quite beleive it was him though, since fortec played a big part in his success and his beautifull Formula Renault lives in the reception area of the fortec factory....I sure as hell would be back to see it whenever I could.
Quote from RiGun :Here there are two notes (in spanish) about LFS and LFS-Latino America in a motorsports magazine and a newspaper:

1- A Todo Motor
2- Clarin

Thanks, that's nice to see.

Quote from Bawbag :Heikki was still at Renault when he tried LFS and due to copywright issues they wern't allowed to take photos or videos of him.

What? Heikki is copyrighted?

EDIT : oh, is this because he was driving a BMW?
I don't think copywrighted is the word but I don't think Renault wanted him being in photos where people could gain some sort of publicity from him, but I just remember being told he asked specificly not to have any photos taken for the sake of the F1 team.
cool
Heikki Kovalainen has been driving on LFS?!?!
Quote from hansonator69 :Heikki Kovalainen has been driving on LFS?!?!

I saw someone in the V1 servers yesterday with Kovalainen as their name...
Quote from scoobyrbac :I saw someone in the V1 servers yesterday with Kovalainen as their name...

...so you can be 100% sure that it's not him.
on nvm i didnt read it was from around s1
Quote from scoobyrbac :I saw someone in the V1 servers yesterday with Kovalainen as their name...

Cool, in that case so far in LFS i have driven with Lewis Hamilton, Damon Hill, James May (Captain Slow), Kimi Raikonnen and it seems Colin McRae's ghost :beady:
In iRacing you can be somewhat more sure of a name. Although it has been known that people have the same name. And the support team does change names by request.
Quote from Gills4life :Cool, in that case so far in LFS i have driven with Lewis Hamilton, Damon Hill, James May (Captain Slow), Kimi Raikonnen and it seems Colin McRae's ghost :beady:

Best part is I'm faster than most of them!
Autosport!
LFS is on the front page of Autosport! ('s national news section)

Actually, I lied. The V1 Championship is on the front page. The nearest Autosport gets to saying "LFS" is "some jumped-up racing simulator". Oh well.
LFS was mentioned by the Dan Greenawalt (Game Director of the Forza Motorports series) in the latest edition of Auto Sim Sport (Volume 4, Number 3, Page 53). (www.autosimsport.net). It is a very brief reference but he says he prefers LFS over rFactor

Quote :I've played some rFactor, but I'm a bigger fan of Live for Speed.

Sam - yeah, I know. I made them sound nasty because there is no mention of LFS! Lol.

Then again, there is hardly any mention of LFS on the V1 website
Still, it should turn loads more people on to "the race simulator".
The simulator is Force Dynamics. LFS is very often seen with it.
Quote from Timdpr :LFS is on the front page of Autosport! ('s national news section)

Actually, I lied. The V1 Championship is on the front page. The nearest Autosport gets to saying "LFS" is "some jumped-up racing simulator". Oh well.

Quote from Autosport Article :...that he hopes will create "a football style audience for motorsport"

God help us
To get this thing with Heikki up again, at the CeBIT (world's largest computer expo) this year where the Intel Racing Tour final took place, Andy Priaulx raced in LFS and he was pretty impressed and had a lot fun. We had to literaly throw him out of the cockpit

But his pace wasnt anywhere near WR pace. But at least he didnt spin every corner

Pic: http://www.theo.dat-luder.de/s ... 92ea88f3497d41b781e26.jpg
I saw LFS S2 on dvd that comes with PC Powerplay Magazine, i donno if that counts as the news or not, its an Australian mag, does that mean they had to ask permission from Mr.Scawen before they could put it on there?
Permission... why if it's a demo?
Because they were making money buy selling it as part of their magazine?

Yes they WOULD have to ask for permission.
thats what i thought, thanks for clearing that up jack
In fact our download can be mirrored anywhere, including on a magazine's CD.

As long as the file is not changed, and no charge is made specifically for the LFS install file, it's fine to spread it.

I don't know if this is stated anywhere, but I do realise "unauthorised" mirrors appear all over the place and there is no reason for us to object.
oh ok, well this wasn't a mirror, it was the setup file saved to a dvd along with heaps of other stuff, so they have downloaded it and chucked the extractor on there.

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG