The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :I don't know if anyone else did, but I contacted the Design World publication editor. I had a pleasant back/forth with the guy, who promised to make changes to the online publication. That appeared in a statement at the top of the page, with a link to lfs.net.

I don't want to suggest that FESTO were deliberately trying to mislead, and it could all have been an error or misunderstanding in the transfer from company to publication, but whether deliberate or not, I felt that it was inappropriate to leave it unaddressed. LFS is an indy product, and it needs all the recognition it can get. If people see the FESTO seat and like the car simulator aspect of it, but can't afford the whole package, why should LFS be denied their opportunity for a sale?

Good job
Sites
There are about 20 different LFS web site's so far. There must be millions of people who fined out about LFS every day!!
-
new?? maybe !! (kart608) DELETED by kart608
-
new?? maybe !! (kart608) DELETED by Victor : Post totally irrelevant to thread
Live for Speed is featured in the most current issue of the German GameStar magazine. It is featured in there among other games in the first article about the current GameStar League season.

Picture of the article can be found here: http://static.4players.de/lfs- ... nts/files/img.php_240.jpg (Picture made by Edvin "TNH" Zec of #low-racing)

Translation (of the relevant parts):
The Fanatec Live for Speed premier league found its 30 elite drivers. In a dramatic qualification they were able to secure their place in the highest class of the GameStar League. In the first of 2 qualification groups, GT-A, The two LFS-drivers Hendrik von Eye and Johannes Scheuerle grimly fought for the first place - in the end, von Eye was able to claim it for him. In the second group, GT-B, things happened to be nothing less serious: With Nils Naujoks, one of the best LfS drivers in the world was on first place here. The level of skill in the qualification was generally very high: the driver on 16th place only missed qualification by a narrow 20 points.

[[ Stuff about money here; this season of GSL issues more than 30k € worth of cash- and non-cash-prizes; every driver who participates gets money for every race he/she participated in ]]

Game-TV broadcasts the thrilling matches live! The precise broadcast plan is accessible on the internet at www.game-tv.com. We wish the best of luck to all participants - and we hope our spectators will have a lot of fun.

Original article written by Stefan Eichner for GameStar.
Not any news though, but think I've seen similar pictures posted before.
Taken last December at a local shopping centre (Rocca al Mare Kaubanduskeskus <- for Estonians). It was situated at the furthest place possible at the centre. I was surprised to see it in Estonia, but had no time to try it.
Attached images
lfsbl1.jpg
Gamestar seems to take LFS really serious
Attached images
gamestarlfs.jpg
hola
hola ya estoy registrado
He mistook it for the new user introduction thread.
Driftingo LFS Drift Series announcement

In DE language version: http://www.driftingo.de/News/e ... -LFS-Drift-Series-2008,51

We are organising a 2008 polish drift season. Main sponsor is Driftingo, and the second is Maxi Tuning. There will be reports of each round at driftingo site and also reports in Maxi Tuning magazines.

Actually the announcement will be out in next issue of Maxi Tuning - a full page about live for speed. When the issue will be out I will make some picture.

The next cool thing - there will be live reports at internet TV: hstv.pl - in studio there will be a mate from lfs.pl and a real drifter.

There are also long lists of prizes for Top 3 + some things for everyone from Top 8. There will be prizes in each round ofcourse.
Quote from kamkorPL :Actually the announcement will be out in next issue of Maxi Tuning - a full page about live for speed. When the issue will be out I will make some picture.

As promised.

On saturday the 26th, starting from 6pm gmt+01 there will be a live report from studio at HSTV.PL with well known polish lfs community member and with a well known real life drifter.

A quick Question From Rest of europe.
Is the only Polish teams that may join?

if more teams may join it would be great.

Greetings : WWD|Globb3n and rest of European Drifting Teams
oiå
yåp
I would've loved to participate in a competition like this
Hi Flo, thanks for the info... do you know who ran that?

For people to use LFS to present their hardware, we do give permission but we always give a condition that the LFS logo and website address are clearly displayed.

From that picture it looks like these people are just using LFS for their own benefit, and not giving us any exposure at all.
Quote from Scawen :Hi Flo, thanks for the info... do you know who ran that?

For people to use LFS to present their hardware, we do give permission but we always give a condition that the LFS logo and website address are clearly displayed.

From that picture it looks like these people are just using LFS for their own benefit, and not giving us any exposure at all.

It is a company called FESTO (www.festo.com)

The simulator is called Airmotion_ride
http://www.festo.com/INetDomin ... 6acf3c12572b900703b19.htm

See it in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvG5rxVeY5M

In their (linkt to->) PDF

"Airmotion_ride incorporate flight, helicopter, car racing and roller coaster simulations.
The car racing simulator is breaking new ground above all
in multi-player applications. Thanks to the excellent network
code, bumper-to-bumper duels can be staged either on the
Internet or in a local network of up to 23 players, who can drive
a wide assortment of cars all based on genuine vehicles."

They have photos of LFS in it but don't even mention it somewhere.
Sounds more like they build it.

Edit:
Airmotion_ride is now a product of:
VR PROJECT - Event-Management
Edelweiß Straße 8a
85591 Vaterstetten
www.vrproject.de (German)
They call it now
http://www.x6-simulator.com/index2.htm (English)
http://www.x6-simulator.com/en/x6_race.htm (lots of LFS Pics but no a single link to LFS.net)
and they use the BMW video as their "X6 Promotion Video"
Even (in some of the video on the website) the ad banners in BL GP had been changed to "Festo". Modding is not forbidden I guess but seems really like they're unaware how it should be.
Thanks - we'll be in touch...

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG