The online racing simulator
Quote from GP4Flo :LFS on N-TV, a german news channel. Read more about it here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23124

(Screencapture by Cart3r from the german forum, thanks!)
http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?p=359950#359950

wow this is great, in LFS México & LFS Colombia we have too a racing centers with 6 pc only to race LFS, but your "cars and monitors are so bigger" than us.

a question, we also put from our center a TV a live for broadcast to the championships, but we have problems with the video (slow or so mucho buffering). Could you recommend some software to resolve this please?

Thanks...
Attached images
golfitoflog2.jpg
golfitoflog6.jpg
golfitoflog8.jpg
AV Colombia 020.jpg
The AVSIM Online News:

Fun on Four Wheels!

Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - 11:30
Maybe the idea of driving a "Follow Me" car round an airport doesn't do it for you? Maybe you want something with four wheels and no wings, but a bit faster than the pushback tug? Feelthere may have just the thing for you, with their Live for Speed "Ultimate Racing Simulator".

Described as a "serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving", you can race against the AI but the real fun is to be found online, in multiplayer mode.

To find out more, head down the back straight, through the chicane, and into the Feelthere Website.

Found it on: http://www.avsim.com/

A bit strange that they say it's "their" simulation...
I like that they're promoting LFS, but it's indeed a bit strange that they make it seem like it's their sim. Apart from the "For support please visit LFS", they give no credit.
Anyone that didn't know LFS yet will think Feelthere made the sim by looking at the page.
Good publicity. Shame to looks like they are trying to pass it off as their own...
Seems a fraud better off buying direct. Dont know if this is a authorized reseller (like 4players.de). All downloads are from lfs.net. they require to license with lfs.net (hopefully people see that and decide to buy it direct).
Their forum has an admin called "victor".
I see cheap tacky wheels
hehe, may be they should add an "airfield-racetrack" to get those customers more excited
sounds indeed a bit fishy, i don't see them in the official resellers list,i guess i will shortly email the support and ask about the site. i can remember there was a license fraud once on the german lfs forums, a guy bought lots of vouchers but didn't pay for them and then sold them to other people. within 1 month all the accounts where gone and the guys who bought one had a lot of hassle to get the money back from the scammer.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
got a reply today

Quote from lfs support :Hello and thanks for your email.

Don't worry, that is an official site that has permission to sell vouchers

In fact your email has reminded me that we need to add them to the reseller
list. We hadn't done so before because they only set up their reseller site
very recently.

Thanks again for your concern!

Tech

Ah! That about clears it all up. Good to know!
Festo makes awesome pneumatic muscles
They use LfS to show off the tech too. I wonder how loud the seat is.
I found it via Slashdot.
link
^ That's the coolest one of those I've ever seen.
The ad banners says "Festo" in the BL GP and the Logitech logo text is taped with black in the G25 wheel center... fishy, like they want to take all credits for themselves.
Today, Saturday, September 1st, there is a quite large pic of LfS in my local Newspaper "Kleine Zeitung".

It's just an announcement of reports about a multimedia exposition in berlin, but the pic is lfs.
Attached images
LfSKleineZeitung.jpg
interesting coincidence
very cool! i wish we have a article like this soon in my coountry!
I see if i can find the show it was on a dutch talkshow when dutch driver NIco Pastorelli showed how he trains when hes not racing

Il try to find footage
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I see if i can find the show it was on a dutch talkshow when dutch driver NIco Pastorelli showed how he trains when hes not racing

Il try to find footage

Wich show was it? Tried www.uitzendinggemist.nl yet?
Intel Racing Tour have finally landed in Poland

From what I have heard, the concept is similar to german's edition. You have to drive 2 laps in BF1 on Aston National and best lap counts (so really only the second one). Of course, the main price is connected with Robert Kubica, as authors of best lap times from 5 cities around Poland, will have an occasion to meet with him at karting circuit. There are also some high-end computers from Intel to be given for the fastest womens, that will take part in competition.

More info (in polish language only) here: http://www.intelracing.wp.pl/

So, yet again 1:0 for LFS vs rFactor
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG