The online racing simulator
i had the luck to drive in such a full motion simulator and there is no overload it's awesome, you get so much more feedback, it was a lot of fun
If I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna buy one (or more) of those bad boys
Quote from Sponge :If I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna buy one (or more) of those bad boys

I'll drop by and bring beer! Dronten ain't that far away.
LFS was just a second ago in Future Cars. (on discovery channel)
If I recognised it correctly, that is... It looked like a BF1.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :LFS was just a second ago in Future Cars. (on discovery channel)
If I recognised it correctly, that is... It looked like a BF1.

We know, I've posted it before when the documentary was first aired.
Quote from (SaM) :We know, I've posted it before when the documentary was first aired.

shhhh! =P
cool
I think he means the actual seat thingy (cant think of the name )
I've attached a scan of the cover in case anyone's interested. It doesn't look as bad in a graphics program vs. IE7 and I lost a 1/4 inch on the right, the magazine's wider than my scanner.
Attached images
lastscan2.jpg
Nice one...
they could use some AA in that picture
Quote from Boris Lozac :What's up with the "In a race car simulator designed by Festo Corp. called “Live for Speed,”

Maybe this is a downside of Scavier not really "promoting" the game... dunno how free the EULA or whatever is what comes to using it on motion sims but obviously something should be clarified when it reguarly happens that the motion rig developer takes credits for the game too.

This Festo is especially interesting, on the old video their side (posted on this thread earlier) they have also changed the Blackwood ad banners to "Festo" banners.
Its Ken (from barbie) in a racecar
they stole a racing simulator! burn them! then call the lawyers.

lol and that guy in the simulator video looks soooo drunk!
esport-racing.com news are featured from today on on german sports site http://www.kicker.de (http://esport.kicker.de).
It's portal with 20 milion unique visitors each month and about 200 milion page impressions/month. We hope to bring the sport in LFS closer to the public this way
www.driftingo.pl - On the front page of european's biggest drift vortal you can see news about polish lfs event sponsored by driftingo.

Direct link to the news: http://driftingo.pl/News/exeCo ... trening-przed-zawodami,26

Hopefully next year I will be organising a full drifting season in Poland, also supported by driftingo.

The news is only on polish version of site, because the event is local. But I still think this is a nice advertisement.

There will be also a report of full event(The news up there is just a report from official practice). Maybe we will make reports from international lfs drifting events too.
Quote from Boris Lozac :What's up with the "In a race car simulator designed by Festo Corp. called “Live for Speed,”

If I were scawen, I would be pissed. They should at least reword it so it says more like they are using their machines for LFS.
Lol, from the page about the Festo simulating chair:
Quote : floods the driver with stellar, race-tuned engine and exhaust sounds

Well at least somebody likes LFS's sounds!

What's funnier is that in the video on the page, you can tell that they're using the old sounds.
Quote from Vykos69 :esport-racing.com news are featured from today on on german sports site http://www.kicker.de (http://esport.kicker.de).
It's portal with 20 milion unique visitors each month and about 200 milion page impressions/month. We hope to bring the sport in LFS closer to the public this way

Nice one. Too bad, that there is no note at all on the www.kicker.de page about esports. At least I couldn't find anything about it.
Did also you notice in the Festo video, they used the G25 but they had scraped off the Logitech logo from the steering wheel, and the driver was "hiding" the trademark red buttons as well. Looks really strange.

The motion stuff looks like a dumbed down version of Force Dynamics. I bet they have done nothing and just bought a shitload of "junk" to sell under a fake name.
I don't know if anyone else did, but I contacted the Design World publication editor. I had a pleasant back/forth with the guy, who promised to make changes to the online publication. That appeared in a statement at the top of the page, with a link to lfs.net.

I don't want to suggest that FESTO were deliberately trying to mislead, and it could all have been an error or misunderstanding in the transfer from company to publication, but whether deliberate or not, I felt that it was inappropriate to leave it unaddressed. LFS is an indy product, and it needs all the recognition it can get. If people see the FESTO seat and like the car simulator aspect of it, but can't afford the whole package, why should LFS be denied their opportunity for a sale?
Quote from GP4Flo :Nice one. Too bad, that there is no note at all on the www.kicker.de page about esports. At least I couldn't find anything about it.

There is, if you hit the "games" button on top, then a menu pops up with the link to eSport.

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG