The online racing simulator
Well you should have had your window down and been hanging outside the car of course, show some commitment! But still some nice pictures I give you that.

Was trying to do some panning practice today myself, first with a train and then with some cars doing about 80 km/h. Nice spot in the way that you can see the cars coming very far, but the traffic was just so damn slow at the time. Waiting for the cars was too boring, taking my folding chair with me and sit there for a traffic peak next time.

I think this was maybe the best shot I got. I know its quite static, and I'm a total noob but the driver is sharpish and the backround is kinda blurry, and the wheels are not distorted like on most of my other shots. Although I should have been closer to the road for a proper picture. Didn't want to distract anyone so I wasn't.

But the thing I like with the picture is the way he just glanced at me like I was the fool and not him. Must been a bit cold.

Things I learnt today: My Nikon D60 is not really good at taking a burst of more than three pictures, it just can't do it. Good to know, maybe it makes me better. Panning is hard and the frustration of having your camera fail at you and missing a great shot is awful.

edit. ..more I look at the shot worse it looks.
You and your summer hax.
Quote from Blackout :Well you should have had your window down and been hanging outside the car of course, show some commitment! But still some nice pictures I give you that.

Was trying to do some panning practice today myself, first with a train and then with some cars doing about 80 km/h. Nice spot in the way that you can see the cars coming very far, but the traffic was just so damn slow at the time. Waiting for the cars was too boring, taking my folding chair with me and sit there for a traffic peak next time.

I think this was maybe the best shot I got. I know its quite static, and I'm a total noob but the driver is sharpish and the backround is kinda blurry, and the wheels are not distorted like on most of my other shots. Although I should have been closer to the road for a proper picture. Didn't want to distract anyone so I wasn't.

But the thing I like with the picture is the way he just glanced at me like I was the fool and not him. Must been a bit cold.

Things I learnt today: My Nikon D60 is not really good at taking a burst of more than three pictures, it just can't do it. Good to know, maybe it makes me better. Panning is hard and the frustration of having your camera fail at you and missing a great shot is awful.

edit. ..more I look at the shot worse it looks.

Maybe you need a bit bitter settings?
shutter speed to low? (well mine was quite easy as the two cars were going both same speed)
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
You mean too low as too fast? Because I'd imagine that was the reason the blur is not that good, he was doing much slower than any of the cars...those shots game out even worse imo, plus the bike isn't lined up properly for the plane of whatever is called. It sure is hard, was nice trying it though.
i'd say shutter speed at 100/125
Blackout
Its probably your memory card that is holding your burst back. I know my D80 will shoot at least 8-10 shots in RAW before it starts to pause because of my crappy memory card. But if I put in my really crappy card it pauses after only 4 shots.
Quote from Toddshooter :Its probably your memory card that is holding your burst back. I know my D80 will shoot at least 8-10 shots in RAW before it starts to pause because of my crappy memory card. But if I put in my really crappy card it pauses after only 4 shots.

Yes, probably the reason, didn't realise they are not all the same cards after all in the highest speed class. The camera should be able to do unlimited 3 fps shooting, this card gets stuck after that three. Shitty Verbatim with their affordable mediums. Guess I need to get a quicker card some day.
uhm, i have a "normal" speed apacer card and can just keep shooting. Mind that i NOT keep holding the shutter release but just click it myself (it's even faster then holding it)
can you gimme the link to the summercrack plz?
Quote from Scrabby :uhm, i have a "normal" speed apacer card and can just keep shooting. Mind that i NOT keep holding the shutter release but just click it myself (it's even faster then holding it)

Well that is not a fast burst, I can't press the button three times a second I'm sure.

It's funny how all cards from 6 to 45 mb/s can be labeled as the highest 6th class cards. Well, now I know better. Maybe I keep this for shooting landscapes or something less moving stuff.

edit. mmm...nice retro Zetor. Is the vignetting real, or just photoshop?
Excellent snaps as always Don love the last pic
My brother in law is a professional photographer and gave me some of his old stuff he never uses anymore, including a set of wireless flash triggers. Tried them out at work the other day....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stregone/3454667300/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stregone/3453859263/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stregone/3453858075/

Had my 580EXII speedlite mounted on my tripod as the worlds most expensive ghetto lightstand, and either bounced the flash off of a reflector or shot it through a diffuser.
That dusty Nikon stopped me, poor camera.
I dropped my camera a few days ago The camera is fine (of course, Nikon pro!) but the lens and the filter didn't come away so lightly. The zoom on my 24-50 is now very stiff indeed. I can turn it, just, but it's obviously suffered a jumped thread or something inside.

So, I broke out a couple of other lenses instead.. the trusty 105mm and the fun-times 55mm Micro-Nikkor. Add some sunshine with their higher shutter speeds, and I went out for a bit of fun today. Here are some of the results
Attached images
DSC_4137.jpg
DSC_4148.jpg
DSC_4151.jpg
DSC_4157.jpg
Quote from Blackout :That dusty Nikon stopped me, poor camera.

it was camera of the guy i was there with. mine was similar - but my sigma lens (70-300) didnt survive these conditions, the autofocus stopped working :/
Quote from SamH :I dropped my camera a few days ago The camera is fine (of course, Nikon pro!) but the lens and the filter didn't come away so lightly. The zoom on my 24-50 is now very stiff indeed. I can turn it, just, but it's obviously suffered a jumped thread or something inside.

So, I broke out a couple of other lenses instead.. the trusty 105mm and the fun-times 55mm Micro-Nikkor. Add some sunshine with their higher shutter speeds, and I went out for a bit of fun today. Here are some of the results

Nice shots! Especially the third one!
Lovely scenes.

Makes me very jealous. Wish we had that kind of light and grand landscapes here!

(EDIT) That second one is superb - and all that empty road! Heaven!
Thanks guys!

Quote from STROBE :(EDIT) That second one is superb - and all that empty road! Heaven!

Yeah, and believe me, people take big advantage of it.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG