Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
FIA MAKE ME SICK!!

unbelievable the defusers of brawn and co were not disallowed.

unbelievable barrichello was not penalized for the T1 crash.

unbelievable bungling of the safety car after nakajima's crash (should have come out 2 laps sooner).

the only explanation is that FIA figured that by handing the race to Brawn they could generate more interest/coverage/money.
KERS: worst idea ever, hope they ban it soon...

Good race nevertheless, except Kubica/Vettel's stupidity...
Quote from Timdpr :What a race. Wow, serious wow! Track invasion also!

Now, who are the FIA going to contraversially penalise?

They've just taken Schumachers first title away
All Hail Button, Hail!
to be honest when i first saw the t1 crash i thought that kovalainen actually touched barichello before barrichello hit anyone else

EDIT just checked the recording and it was just rubbens twitching slightly, no contact by the mclaren

2nd Edit: rubbens saying he was hit from behind, some steward i'd be, i get it right live but wrong with a slomo replay
KERS: NAWZ. I don't like it either..

Good to see Barrichello on the podium again.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Vettel should have left him gone IMO. Tyres were gone, Kubica was much more faster anyway.

I agree... But Kubica could have managed it better...

I think this new tyre selection (with more difference between soft and hard tyres available for each round) could make things even more interesting.. (haven't it already?)
The teams just have to learn how to deal with it...
Quote from evilgeek :FIA MAKE ME SICK!!

unbelievable the defusers of brawn and co were not disallowed.
They're not illegal, do your homework.

Not really - Driver error/Racing incident - I guess if you were in charge the whole year would again be plagued by silly penalties for anyone trying to race, instead of driving around a track in formation.

unbelievable bungling of the safety car after nakajima's crash (should have come out 2 laps sooner).
True, ish.

the only explanation is that FIA figured that by handing the race to Brawn they could generate more interest/coverage/money.
I take it your a Ferrari guy?

Cool.

'Grats Brawn! Button flawless all race - Damn me for changing my fuel on Race Manager to Ferrari!
Quote from evilgeek :

it's not like he 'forced' a red car wide
I must say I was a little surprised the stewards didn't even mention they were investigating Rubens' incident. Even though it was the first corner of the first lap in brand new cars, it did seem a little like brainfade after his bad start.
Quote from bahilsom :I agree... But Kubica could have managed it better...

Agreed

Kubica should have considered the lack of grip Vettel had. Robert didn't give him enough room. he had the pace and blew it. Bit of 50/50 but Kubica should've been smarter
lol jordan mentioning that honda deserve some credit, but you can see them now trying to justify selling a winning team
Quote from bahilsom :I agree... But Kubica could have managed it better...

Yes, he could have left more space, but meh, that's racing. (Intrepid beat me)
With all due respect I think Honda will be a tad more concerned with their plunging sales than selling a race car team
Quote from evilgeek :unbelievable the defusers of brawn and co were not disallowed.

Why? They don't break any written rules. Those teams that haven't got one should stop whining because they weren't smart enough to think of it.

Anyway good race. Good to see new teams and faces in the front. Also the gaps between cars don't seem that big. There were hardly, if any, lapped cars. On tracks with longer straights, like Malaysia, teams with KERS or more powerful engines might be infront. Going to be interesting.
Only 5 days till it all starts up again
Roll on Sepang, Malaysia.

Also, on those dummy spitting matters above:
IMO Rubens should have been penalised, it was poor driving. Love the guy since he was in the 7up/Pepsi Jordon (have the little Onyx model somewhere) along with Gugelmin who i also liked, but so many silly mistakes...

IMO the Diffusers are fine, i'd prefer that they werent cos i'd sooner see Lewis nearer the top, but if the rules dont say... i think the decision will stand.

Safety car should have been out straight away, everyone could see that, and its a disgrace that it took over 2 laps.
Are the teams allowed to add and take away KERS on a race-by-race basis?

If so, maybe we'll see some more KERS at the Tilke new tracks.
is it me or is button starting to do a mansell and making a big thing of all the problems he had leading from flag to flag ?
Looks like Kovi hit Rubens.

Also did anyone use the red button to listen to Croft and Davidson instead? Pretty good IMO
as i said in my 2nd edit id be a useless steward, i thought kovi had hit him but then changed my mind when i replayed it only for rubens to say he had been hit
Quote from Kalev EST :Why? They don't break any written rules. Those teams that haven't got one should stop whining because they weren't smart enough to think of it.

feh. after all the controversy and pentalties last year, all the big teams were very careful to follow the rules in the design of their new cars, but a bunch of the lesser teams were allowed to exploit a loop hole in the rules.

i'm sure that all the teams who don't have one will develop one soon (except red bull, who can't because of their rear suspension design), but it's still quite obvious that the FIA fixed this race in order to generate more interest. let's face it, the general public was bored by the ferrari vs mclaren rivalry, and the FIA wanted to spice things up.
it was a good race imo
im happy for brawn

vettel and kubica are the fastest drivers of the field imo
both with slower cars coming not far from the win
and then taking eachother out lol

williams a bit of messing it up and bad luck combined
better next race

gj brawn
Quote from evilgeek :feh. after all the controversy and pentalties last year, all the big teams were very careful to follow the rules in the design of their new cars, but a bunch of the lesser teams were allowed to exploit a loop hole in the rules.

i'm sure that all the teams who don't have one will develop one soon (except red bull, who can't because of their rear suspension design), but it's still quite obvious that the FIA fixed this race in order to generate more interest. let's face it, the general public was bored by the ferrari vs mclaren rivalry, and the FIA wanted to spice things up.

And I thought I've seen all the bizzare conspiracys but this takes the ****ng cake.
watching the interactive now, how long before coulthard punches jordans lights out ?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :And I thought I've seen all the bizzare conspiracys but this takes the ****ng cake.

but you have to admit it was cunning using that tractor beam to pull the williams into the wall like that to spice the race up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG