Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Attached images
spy.jpg
Hah yeah, some guy who was helping Hamilton in the garage had a big tattoo like that too.
What makes me laugh are the silly gloves they all have to wear incase the KERS zaps them.

Gosh almost an hour into the program and the BBC still haven't shown any actual qualifying, when I saw the Jake Humphrey interview with Eddie Jordan and Couthard, I began to think it was some kind of Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman joke.
Quote from Intrepid :Call me cynical but it's worked out rather well for Brawn. I believe he knew how good that car was hence why he saved the team. Now he has greater control over team operations, and has a fantastic car which he didn't have to pay for. Well didn't have to risk investment for.

Ok your a cynical barsteward.

It was clear that Brawn believed that his car was good, also Button and Barrichello had faith and belief in the car. Looks as if they seem to be right.
Quote from deggis :BBC stream works with a proxy. Only need to use the proxy until the video starts to play, so the usual slowness of proxies doesn't matter.

Pretty damn good quality - 800 kbps and H.264. I actually feel bad wasting Brits' tv license money.

how do you do the transition from proxy to no proxy and also where would i find a good uk proxy?

as for the quali i think the best looking car so far might be the red bull
in q2 vettel was about .3 slower than the brawns but without a diffusor that accounts for .5-.7 a lap

Quote from Intrepid :On a side note does anyone think Legard isn't a great choice.

i cant believe im agreeing with you on something but yeah... bring haven into the commentators box
I'm glad Honda have yet again proven how incompetent the suits in charge of their motorsport are. First they were arrogant enough to lose Valentino Rossi in MotoGP, then they pull out of F1 in the first season they have a title contending car. Although Brawn has hinted that the Honda engine and gearbox were pretty awful, and they were part of the reason they lacked performance in previous years. I'm just happy that Jenson and Rubens finally have some reward for all their hard work.
Quote from kirmy :eddy is probably one of the best on the team, doesnt seem like he is affraid to put his point across or ask questions which other people may be affraid to, im liking the new bbc team together though

Just remember that when half the grids team staff, FIA officials etc all refuse to do an interview either by being put off by previous interviews you or a teammate etc has had where Eddie has gone in with questions people dont want to be asked. He'll soon get a reputation if he's too aggressive, and you wont get the good interviews.

Alex Ferguson refuses to do interviews with at least half the media, BBC were refused for about 8yrs, Sky Sports have been, and half the press office have at some point or another. If he doesnt like what the media have said, he doesnt speak to them and provide them any interviews to fuel future news. If half the pits dont like Eddie's style, as amusing as it might be from time to time, those people will ignore the BBC in interviews involving Eddie.
Its all very well liking people who ask the questions people want to know, but theres a good reason why the vast majority know where to draw the line, because they dont want putting in their place by whoever pays their wages.

Quote from DevilDare :
[snip...] And not that i dissagree with it, if they broke the rules they should pay for it like you said. However, why couldnt the FIA sort it before the season started. Toyota was the first one to be released with that diffuser back in January. They had 2 months to do something about it, and yet they leave it until round 2/3 when the teams are racing hard and earned their points, and then FIA comes and rips it all off....

The FIA have nothing until the first round, which is why they cant make any official judgement on the matter. Bernie n co said a while back when the 'Ferrari n co are going to be launching a complaint' stories came out, it all looks legit, he can see both sides of the arguement and has no idea which way it'll go, and regardless of the initial decision, the unhappy party will appeal it eitherway.
However, theres no scrutineering until the first round, which is why we had the first decision right at the beginning of the race weekend. They couldnt do it earlier. Maybe they should be allowed to arrange a viewing to make sure its all legal say within a month of the car launching, but atm thats not the case and they couldnt rule over it till they could see the car in an official capacity.
Its annoying that the Toyota was only checked at the end of Qual, clearly they werent stopped for random checking during the FOUR hours of free practice sessions and surely they can do those random checks then.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LoL! Am i the only one who saw a prancing horse on his elbow? OMG Ferrari spy!

it's a prancing pony, maybe he's from fiat?
nah, its a prancing horse, a big wooden trojan prancing horse, its how they sneeked into the Ferrari HQ armed with a hip-mounted retractable tape measure and a polaroid camera
Quote from Minimaxman :With regards to Legard, not sure about him yet. He talks a lot and repeats himself a lot and seems to cut over Brundle a bit. Seems to me he'd be a better commentator for horse racing.

Doesn't Legard have his background in radio commentary? In the radio business, silence is bad, so he's probably in the habit of yabbering just to fill in the blank spaces. Give him time to adjust to TV.
Quote from Mattesa :I interpret that as a call on Ferrari... or... (looks at flag)... would that be for Mark Webber?

Nah, just a general observation. Besides, a I prefer Vettel over Webber, although Webber is under-rated.

No patriotic prejudice from me.
The start of the interview with Button was probably the best interview I've ever seen.

I'm getting that familliar tense feeling!
What a start by Button!!
What a fail by Rubens, Heikki, Webber and Heidfeld

Actual overtaking! Haven't seen that in ages!
The cars might look ugly as hell, but i think Hamilton just proved the rule changes are positive, KERS undoubtably just allowed him to pass half a dozen of the cars ahead of him, and im sure the light fuel & soft tyres helped, but you can see the car suddenly looks tons quicker than a car without KERS.

Eddie, care to comment on the subject you supposedly wont continue to talk about?
Oh Rubens

At least he just knocked off the bit that was hanging off anyway! Kimi in the pits.

Those super softs really aren't working, are they?
On the subject of these tyres, at least those on the harder set have some free info from the other teams, they'll be able to change their strat to ensure their last stint will only be 10-11 laps im betting, you wouldnt want to plan on doing the originally expected 14-15 laps and have to do 3+ laps on unraceable tyres.

I really do think the tyre rules are a joke though, insisting on skipping a tyre compound in order to make it shit for the drivers at some point... its like some sort of pub game! each stop you get out of the car, down 2 pints, say the alphabet backwards then get back in. Stop turning things into a bloody novelty.
Quote from PaulC2K :On the subject of these tyres, at least those on the harder set have some free info from the other teams, they'll be able to change their strat to ensure their last stint will only be 10-11 laps im betting, you wouldnt want to plan on doing the originally expected 14-15 laps and have to do 3+ laps on unraceable tyres.

I really do think the tyre rules are a joke though, insisting on skipping a tyre compound in order to make it shit for the drivers at some point... its like some sort of pub game! each stop you get out of the car, down 2 pints, say the alphabet backwards then get back in. Stop turning things into a bloody novelty.

I didn't realise they skipped a compound? So it's super soft/med?

AAAARGH! Safety car!
Dunno what took them, because even Stevie Wonder could've told you that was a Safety Car...
2 bloody laps to notice theres a car on the track all smashed up with debris over the track
Quote from Timdpr :I didn't realise they skipped a compound? So it's super soft/med?

AAAARGH! Safety car!

Yup, only 2 possible combinations now

Super Soft & Medium
Soft & Hard

Its nothing short of typical FIA messing for the sake of it. I never agreed with forcing them to use 2 types to begin with, but you have to think about how they'd do it.
If the track is best suited to the Soft tyre, then they almost certainly WONT use that tyre, they'll use SS/M, and if the Medium is best, they'll go S/H
I cant see them using the ideal tyre, purely because it means the other tyre will be miles from ideal. Imagine this stupid tyre rule and Indy 2005 (i think) and the trouble they had because one manufacturer brought an unsafe set of tyres. They're being forced to use something that simply does not work well, and they talk about cost cutting and driver safety while doing things like this
saftey car will finish first at this rate
@PaulC2K: I agree completely. Don't have anything more to add - it's stupid.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG