Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from rc10racer :Does anyone know what channel the F1 will be on for live qual in the uk since i can't find it anywhere.

Saturday 28
Third practice: 1400-1500 ( 0300-0400 GMT)
BBC coverage (UK): 0255-0405, Red Button/5 Live sports extra/online
Qualifying: 1700 ( 0600 GMT)
BBC coverage (UK): 0500-0715, BBC One/Red Button/5 Live sports extra/online. Re-run: 1300-1415, BBC One

Sunday 29
Race: 1700 ( 0700 BST)
BBC coverage (UK): 0600-0900, BBC One/Red Button/5 Live/online.
Interactive forum on red button/online: 0900-1000.
Re-run: 1300-1500, BBC One/BBC Red Button/online.
Highlights: 1900-2000, BBC Three/Red Button/online

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... _one/calendar/default.stm

bbc1?

E: dammit!
Mobile Pong - more fun than a shit F1 car?

Sometimes it seems as if Mclaren and Williams can't ever be sucessful at the same time, when Williams go to crap, Mclaren are on top and vice versa, apart from the early 2000s, but apart from that.
Quote from tristancliffe :Mobile Pong - more fun than a shit F1 car?

You do know the drivers have outside lifes too..... Dont expect them to be sitting in that car for whole season...
Has the ickle Hamilton fanboy been offended by the comedy picture? Ahhhh, diddums...
Here we go, Devil, get a sense of humour.

Something still makes me think it'll be Ferrari's race, and championship.

How many front wings do you think will get taken out on the first lap?

I've also got a feeling either Massa or an extremely ruffled and frustrated Hamilton will cause a spectacular T1 accident that will end in fisticuffs, causing an unlikely winner.
Quote from tristancliffe :Mobile Pong - more fun than a shit F1 car?

Or maybe hes text sex with his pussycat doll I know which one id rather do...

F1 CAR DUHHH
clever money in the unofficial padock book is apparently being put on either 5 or 6 cars loosing their front wings on first lap
I reckon Hamilton will be one of them losing a wing, in fact I reckon Hamilton will drive much like a bull in a china shop.

And Massa.
Quote from tristancliffe :Has the ickle Hamilton fanboy been offended by the comedy picture? Ahhhh, diddums...

Hamilton fanboy..... I am no where near that. Its just you making stupid posts about him, like your jealous that he gotten into F1 and you havent or something...

Anyway, replying to 5haz, I will place my bet for 4
Quote from DevilDare :Hamilton fanboy..... I am no where near that. Its just you making stupid posts about him, like your jealous that he gotten into F1 and you havent or something...

Jesus man, all he implied was that the Mclaren is a rubbish car, which going by current performance, is true I'm afraid.

Why must you religiously guard and defend something, even against the facts?

TBH, seeing as Hamilton never seems to show well under pressure, I think theres quite a chance he's going to make a fool of himself in the upcoming race.
Quote from tristancliffe :McLaren are great at refinement engineering, but obviously less good at blank sheet design from scratch. That means they'll catch up though, so don't be too surprised to see podiums by the European races and wins by mid-season.

Here's what I think happened:

2007 - Alonso tests/develops the McLaren to new heights of performance.
2008 - McLaren continues on the basis of Alonso's input of the year before, and the car is further tailored to Hamilton's needs/driving style.
2009 - Starting from scratch, McLaren had problems building a new car because they didn't have a true car-building driver in the team such as Alonso, nor the framework set by such a driver.
2010 - McLaren fades into obscurity and Hamilton becomes the next Button?

Personal insult directed at me in 3...2...1
Well, Mclaren seemed to have got their act together car wise back as far as 2005, and its not too hard to see that the 2007 car is based on the 2005 car in some ways, so perhaps Alonso can't be credited for developing the entire car from nothing.
lol Out of all the things i've heard about Hamilton I don't think a snipe at the McLaren car being less fun than Mobile Pong is one of the worst. In fact what he was doing was enabling the auto-pilot mechanism to see if the phone could do a better job than him at getting the car around the track!

Anyway for Macca fans it may not be that bad. Last year BMW after FP1 and FP2 were no where and fanboys were saying exactly the same thing about them not being able to hack the pace of F1.

Come FP3 boom 1-2 finding 2+ seconds from nowhere. I don't think McLaren will get that though somehow, they do appear to have more than just balance issues that plagued BMW last year. But they haven't gone all out just yet.

the cars though are friggin ugly. The red of the McLaren on the front wing with the darker outer parts do help asthetically to not make them look so friggin' stupid. But the BMW that's just wrong.

I think the guy commentating from Force India said they now look like proper race cars again... well... no they don't. They look stupid! They look like a kids interpretation of an F1 car where they can't quite get the proportions correct.
Quote from 5haz :

TBH, seeing as Hamilton never seems to show well under pressure, I think theres quite a chance he's going to make a fool of himself in the upcoming race.

Yh in china last year at the scene of the 'disaster' he was rubbish. lol All that added pressure and he crumbled....not
new F1 season starts tonight, so celebrating with a new sig
Quote from Intrepid :Yh in china last year at the scene of the 'disaster' he was rubbish. lol All that added pressure and he crumbled....not

Indeed, methinks the added frustration of not having a wolrd beatin car for once (theres clearly a problem with the Mclaren, looking at the shots of it's tyres!), will be too much for him.

In a way he's like the Tim Henman of motorsport, on a good day he can beat anyone, but on a bad day he's just embarrasing.
Quote from Jertje :Here's what I think happened:

2008 - McLaren continues on the basis of Alonso's input of the year before, and the car is further tailored to Hamilton's needs/driving style.
2009 - Starting from scratch, McLaren had problems building a new car because they didn't have a true car-building driver in the team such as Alonso, nor the framework set by such a driver.

You're forgetting the Ferrari data in your analysis. I keep going on about it but it's a huge thing. For the drivers to be discussing Ferrari's weight distribution to 2 decimal places at a race weekend means that not only did the designer know about it but he passed it on to other members of the team.
Quote from Jertje :Here's what I think happened:

god I sound like a fanboy but what u just said there is complete and utter nonsence.

You forget to mention the input McLaren had from that Ferrari dossier! Thn in 2008 they had the FIA clamp down and force them to redesign and redevelopment different areas of the car. Inititally the McLaren didn't work! It had traction issues. I SPECIFICALLY remember at the time people saying

"Hamilton can't develop or set the car up!" This was after Bahrain and Malaysia.... and then what happened... he won the championship! nuff said

Alonso is a fantastic driver, and probably one of the best development drivers but it's EXTREMELY naive to think drivers have THAt much of an input. Look at the Renault... hardly setting the world alight is it?

Also consider Button/Rubens. Last two years absolutely NO WHERE. In your assesement that makes them BAD development drivers. Suddenly they have probably the best car by far! Now correlate that?!?!!?!?
To think a driver is accountable for a cars engineering is insulting to the engineers, give them the credit they deserve, it took a lot of work to copy and paste those Ferrari documents into their computer.
Quote from DevilDare :You do know the drivers have outside lifes too..... Dont expect them to be sitting in that car for whole season...

Quote from DevilDare :Hamilton fanboy..... I am no where near that. Its just you making stupid posts about him, like your jealous that he gotten into F1 and you havent or something...

Are you going to do that the whole season again?
Quote from Intrepid :
I think the guy commentating from Force India said they now look like proper race cars again... well... no they don't. They look stupid! They look like a kids interpretation of an F1 car where they can't quite get the proportions correct.

You could not be more wrong. Getting rid of the winglets does indeed make them look more like traditional race cars and less like space ships.

As for the the "correct" proportions, they are set out in the regulations, which have changed this year. A race car's purpose is to be as fast as possible within the regulations, so the only way it could possibly look "stupid" is if it a) doesn't follow the regs, or b) isn't fast.
Quote from evilgeek :

As for the the "correct" proportions, they are set out in the regulations, which have changed this year. A race car's purpose is to be as fast as possible within the regulations, so the only way it could possibly look "stupid" is if it a) doesn't follow the regs, or b) isn't fast.

This is actually one of the best replies to a post I've seen in a long time.
Quote from evilgeek :A race car's purpose is to be as fast as possible within the regulations, so the only way it could possibly look "stupid" is if it a) doesn't follow the regs, or b) isn't fast.

If the regulations required drivers to wear wedding dresses, and drive bright pink tractors, I wouldn't say it looked great just because everyone followed the rules and went quite fast.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG