Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from DevilDare :Its lovely to see how everyone all of a sudden starts to support "Honda" Brawn GP because they are quick. Just shows that people support teams not because they like them but because they can go around "yay i support a team thats quick!"

Utter rubbish.

I'll be urging on the BrawnGP cars this season, but not so I can say "yay I support a team thats [sic] quick!".

I'll be supporting them for the same reason I support Williams. Independence. Racing.

Some of the other teams are there just to make their corporate masters look better. They're there to provide a halo effect for other brands in the same corporate empire. Williams and Brawn are just there to race.
#27 - JJ72
Quote from Lateralus :2009 BBC F1 trailer. It isn't that great... except for the last five seconds.

They totally missed the point of F1 imo. What does "car chase" mean? A dramatised scripted event? It wasn't a particulary good car chase scene either.
Quote from strobe :i'll be supporting them for the same reason i support williams. Independence. Racing.

Some of the other teams are there just to make their corporate masters look better. They're there to provide a halo effect for other brands in the same corporate empire. Williams and brawn are just there to race.

+9000
Quote from JJ72 :They totally missed the point of F1 imo. What does "car chase" mean? A dramatised scripted event? It wasn't a particulary good car chase scene either.

my thoughts exactly
anyone else read in autosport how kubica's height may mean he has to run without Kers whilst heidfeld runs with it due to centre of gravity issues ?
Its Brawn GP for me

Reason?

Im british, so i like british teams and drivers....and in relation to me (im in wiltshire) JB is a local.

I supported BAR when they were running, but i didnt like it when they went and honda took over. So IMO, its just like BAR have skipped a few years and have come back.

The reason for supporting BAR was simple. At a testing day at silverstone a few years ago i managed to blag my way into the paddock.
All, and i mean all the folks at BAR were the friendliest, most helpful bunch there, so from that day i was a supporter..through good times and bad.
My drivers top 3:

1. J Button
2. R Barichello
3. F Massa
And yeah, its offtopic, but G.Minardi thought somewhere that current rules could be suitable for a Minardi team to survive in F-1
#34 - 5haz
I think either Ferrari or BMW will come out on top, most likely Ferrari.

1. Massa
2. Raikkonen
3. Hiedfeld or Kubica
i have always been a honda / J Button fan. I like what they stood for, and im liking even more what brawn GP stand for. Well done to them for getting some good tests going.

Lets hope they can pull it off in the actual racing.
I cant wait for the first F1 look in Australia :P
#37 - MR_B
Quote from DevilDare :Its lovely to see how everyone all of a sudden starts to support "Honda" Brawn GP because they are quick. Just shows that people support teams not because they like them but because they can go around "yay i support a team thats quick!"

At the moment they have the air of backyard engineering about them and their success through dark times is something a lot of people can relate to.

Everyone loves an underdog.
I really hope Button would win the race just to shut those people up who said he is not good enough.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I really hope Button would win the race just to shut those people up who said he is not good enough.

He's already won a race, so that's not an issue.

The issue is whether Button is good enough to win the WDC. He had good potential in 2004. Does he still have the spirit?
Quote from MR_B :At the moment they have the air of backyard engineering about them and their success through dark times is something a lot of people can relate to.

Everyone loves an underdog.

It's not true though. This Brawn has had a huge amount of development on it by Honda. The moment Honda / Ross Brawn realised 2008 was going to be a disaster they started work on their 2009 car, so it should be a good car.
Quote from durbster :It's not true though. This Brawn has had a huge amount of development on it by Honda. The moment Honda / Ross Brawn realised 2008 was going to be a disaster they started work on their 2009 car, so it should be a good car.

It doesn really matter how long you work on a car, it just matters if it works right.
Quote from Fastwalker :cant wait for the race

my prediction:

1. Kubica
2. Raikonen
3. Button

crossing my fingers for williams tho ^^

raikonen 2nd no way , he cant drive without Trackion contol, and now he even has less downforce on the rear side of the car , so he is crashing even more
I'm going to the GP. Would love someone other than Mclaren, Ferrari or BMW (only if its Williams) to win. Brawn GP look very strong, would be great to see them get great results!
Quote from STROBE :Utter rubbish.

I'll be urging on the BrawnGP cars this season, but not so I can say "yay I support a team thats [sic] quick!".

I'll be supporting them for the same reason I support Williams. Independence. Racing.

Some of the other teams are there just to make their corporate masters look better. They're there to provide a halo effect for other brands in the same corporate empire. Williams and Brawn are just there to race.

I agree, I fully support the independent AT&T Williams F1 Team. They are there only for racing and not for sponsorship reasons!

As you can tell, i don't agree. I think this is poor reasoning. All of the teams are there to race. There is no question of that. The people who are actually 'at the coalface' are there to try and win races. The sponsors and evil corporate pig dogs are gracious enough to provide the money through which racing can happen.

Don't get me wrong, I see what you are getting at but making out the other teams are just there because of their evil corporate pig dog masters is, quite frankly, insulting. If it weren't for those evil corporate pig dog masters then there would be no F1 in the modern era.
#45 - MR_B
Quote from Mustafur :It doesn really matter how long you work on a car, it just matters if it works right.

Eeeeeexactly.

*cough*
RA108 and RA107 anyone?
i want to see brawn gp do well, the best would be to see them absolutly walk all over ferrari
Brawn GP is like Lotus F1 in their early days in an old skool kinda way.
#48 - JJ72
I fail to see it that way really, Brawn GP is essentially Honda, but Honda pulled out and left them with this, the team traces back to B.A.R, which is still a pretty new team.

How is that old school I don't know.......
Quote from JJ72 :I fail to see it that way really, Brawn GP is essentially Honda, but Honda pulled out and left them with this, the team traces back to B.A.R, which is still a pretty new team.

How is that old school I don't know.......

I just like to think that they are a privateer team :P
#50 - JJ72
Quote from BlueFlame :I just like to think that they are a privateer team :P

Maybe after this season, the car they have now is still essentially Honda. (and for the moment Honda and Sony are both d*ckheads in my opinion)

They will soon have to find a buyer I guess, Brawn is rich but he ain't Vijay Mallya.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG