Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from hotmail :For example,

is it fair that all the teams are having 400hp v10,
and only 1 team is running a 800hp v12. (and offcourse this one is winning)

This is the reason why we have rules, and this is the reason why you are not allowed to break them.

Dont Blame FIA Because then are checking or the car is arcoding the rules!!!!!!!

its the stupid team that made a mistake , or discided they can brake the rules.

I know FIA(Ferrari International Assistance) is not good with giving penaly's if there is something happend on the track.

but if your car is not arcording the rules, FIA(Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile:nod has all the right to bann them from Qualy.

Well yeah, massive power advantages would be crap. I understand that, and i mean 1 race instead of 1 racing season

I mean, this is just a sign that the diffuser problem will be brought up and Brawn, Williams and Toyota will be stripped of their wins/points. Thats what i think anyway.
And not that i dissagree with it, if they broke the rules they should pay for it like you said. However, why couldnt the FIA sort it before the season started. Toyota was the first one to be released with that diffuser back in January. They had 2 months to do something about it, and yet they leave it until round 2/3 when the teams are racing hard and earned their points, and then FIA comes and rips it all off.... It just destroys the spirit of the season, brings up "controverseries" i guess you can say, and leaves people saying "If the FIA didnt strip off Brawn they would be the champions" at the end of the season which i find personally very annoying. Oh well
Quote from DevilDare :Well yeah, massive power advantages would be crap. I understand that, and i mean 1 race instead of 1 racing season

I mean, this is just a sign that the diffuser problem will be brought up and Brawn, Williams and Toyota will be stripped of their wins/points. Thats what i think anyway.

and what about ferrari. they also got a problem:

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... nst-red-bull-and-ferrari/

Look, its very clear, there is only 1 way that you can win a f1 race. that if you have something in your car that is unwritten in the rules. it can be illegal or maybe its legal. because this is the only way how you can be much faster as the other guys, every team is using this knowledge it just only looks like brawn did the best home work this year.

Look you can look in 2 ways too a rule:

Way one: What is the rule saying (what is not allowed)

Way two: What is the rule NOT saying (so what is unwritten)

about the diffureser, They are made after looking in the 2nd way too the rules.

P.s: there is no way how they can take the point away from brawn, because they said its legal for this race.
Quote from DevilDare :

Can't see them taking away the points that have been taken with a car accepted legal by the race stewards. They might ban the diffuser, but taking away points weeks after the race doesn't sound likely to me.
Quote from blackout :can't see them taking away the points that have been taken with a car accepted legal by the race stewards. They might ban the diffuser, but taking away points weeks after the race doesn't sound likely to me.

+1
Quote from hotmail :+1

Well maybe your right, but i think they do take away the wins. BBC red button news topic about the appeal says something like "This may well affect the overall Australian GP results"

And lol at Williams.....
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9075.html

Quote :A date has been set for the FIA International Court of Appeal hearing over the diffusers on the Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams cars. It will take place in Paris on April 14 in the week prior to round three of the championship, the Chinese Grand Prix.

Stewards passed the cars of all three teams in Melbourne on Thursday, prompting protests from rivals, who believe their diffusers may be illegal. Those protests were rejected, a decision that was subsequently appealed by Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Renault.

It means Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams could in theory be stripped of any points they score in Australia and Malaysia, should their cars be deemed outside of the rules.

I thought that as the Stewards had deemed it legal, that the result would stand as well
haha Hamilton sorry i don't like him

well done Button and Brawn GP though, But i hope Vettel will win it. I like him
Team would loose the points I guess, drivers would be left untouched, I think it has been the case whenever such rulings have been made, not completely sure though. Unfortunate if that happens, having double standards and making something illegal and punishing afterwards is not fair. As that means the ruling body could just ban the winning car in the end of the season saying it was illegal because we don't like you.
Quote from DevilDare :

Doubt so, the issue with Toyota was the rear wing being too flexible, and not the diffuser issue thats been going on and will be reviewed....eventually, by FIA
But the diffuser and rear wings are two completely separate things.

There is a clear rules for the wings that says they can't bend under set testing weight.

There is a hole in the rules what it comes to the diffuser, and it's legality is a matter of reading the book in different way. There is no way to measure if they are illegal or not.
The thing that i have been asking myself is; Will Hamilton start 18th instead of 20th and the two toyota's right on the back row? I'm really unsure on this one.
Here is the grid (source: www.f1wm.pl)
Attached images
grid.jpg
Quote from pasibrzuch :Here is the grid (source: www.f1wm.pl)

Everyone who wasn't in Q3 can put whatever fuel they like in for thse start though, so the pit calculations may not be correct.
Quote from pasibrzuch :Here is the grid (source: www.f1wm.pl)

Woah, just shows how really fast Brawn is. Kubica is 14k lighter and managed only 4th. Heikki running very heavy while Hamilton is pitting around same time as Ferraris.

Cant wait for tomorrow!

(Great info by the way)
Holy crap, well it looks like the season is off to a good start (save for Toyota).

The world is upside down it is.
Really happy for Brawn's team. After all the hard work they get a reward
Quote from Mattesa :The world is upside down it is.

<YODA>

Clouded by uncertainty, the race is. Destruction, loss, pain, at the first corner there will be. Wise, the mid-field drivers are, for taking so much fuel.

</YODA>
Quote from samjh :<YODA>

Clouded by uncertainty, the race is. Destruction, loss, pain, at the first corner there will be. Wise, the mid-field drivers are, for taking so much fuel.

</YODA>

I interpret that as a call on Ferrari... or... (looks at flag)... would that be for Mark Webber?

Just watched the re-run on BBC [and avoided this thread] - OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!!!

IMO Brundle and Legard work really well together [is it me or does he sound like James Hunt....? ] Jordan is a bit, erm, illepall, but still rather good.
Awesome session, I might just get up really early to watch it live...
Quote from J@tko :I might just get up really early to watch it live...

I think that's everyones plan, I'm not sure if many will be able to achieve it. I hope we still get Brundles grid walks
Quote from J@tko :Jordan is a bit, erm, illepall

eddy is probably one of the best on the team, doesnt seem like he is affraid to put his point across or ask questions which other people may be affraid to, im liking the new bbc team together though
Quote from kirmy :eddy is probably one of the best on the team, doesnt seem like he is affraid to put his point across or ask questions which other people may be affraid to, im liking the new bbc team together though

Oh yah, he's mad but good

He's like a irish [and richer] version of our very own Boothy [or is it Mooney... ]
Car weights are out.. Brawn are apparently running reasonable amounts of fuel

"For the 2009 season, the FIA are making public the weights of all cars ahead of the race start to help give an idea of relative fuel load. The cars that made Q3 are weighed after qualifying, while the weights of the remaining cars must be declared by their teams shortly after the session. The details from Melbourne show that Brawn GP were not running light, despite their impressive pace."

1. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 664.5kg
2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 666.5
3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 657
4. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 650
5. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657
6. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 654
7. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 655.5
8. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 662
9. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 691.5
10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 680.7
11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 690.6
12. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 694.1