Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from tinvek :all i'll say is the 2 luckiest drivers of the day came 2nd and 3rd. most races barrichello wouldn't have got a 2nd place after the first lap. even more lucky was hamilton loosing his gearbox in qualifying. if it hadn't failed then it could have failed in the race but even more luckily if he had qualified were he was expected to, he could easily have been caught up the t1 mess (assuming it still occured) as it is a 5 place penalty became a 3 place penalty thanks to toyota and he then avoided the carnage before being gifted 3 places by 2 of his possible rivals hitting each other and a toyota that thought it would mow the grass when behind the safty car. as it is the 2 of them are only 2 and 4 points behind button

the question is do you believe luck balances out or do you follow the napoleon theory of a lucky general being preferable to a good general

Luck is the excuse of losers The best drivers are the ones that always look to learn and improve. The worst drivers are the ones always looking to play the blame game. It's pretty simple.

The actual fact is Hamilton didn't make any mistakes and put his car in the position it deserved on the day. other people made mistakes because they didn't drive as well as Hamilton. it's pretty simple.

If we use the term luck we can apply that to everyone in almost every situation

Button - Lucky to have a drive
Rubens - Lucky his car stayed in one piece
Hamilton - Lucky other people crashed
Glock - Lucky Toyota built a good car
etc...

Saying another driver was lucky is like a driver telling his engineer (not the media) there just 'isn't any grip'! It has no substance and shows a lack of thought.
the point i was making was they both were lucky today especially lewis as the gearbox could have failed 50 miles further along and he wouldn't have finished and it actually kept him out of the carnage. not matter how good if he'd have been were heidfeld or webber were, his race would have been ruined.

agree with you about his drive though, after all acording to a lot of other team supporters he was in the worst f1 car of the last 50 years and should have concentrated on next season. so either the mclaren is better than they like to think or he did a good job, certainly he and the car did a better job than the drivers who went off track, hit someone else or who's car failed
Quote from zeugnimod :Shut up, Toki and DevilDare. Seriously.

With my first post I meant that Hamilton was very lucky to finish 3rd at the end (as Michael said that too). Then DD started trolling, that I'm defending Ferrari. Nonsense. Case closed.
Quote from tinvek :the point i was making was they both were lucky today especially lewis as the gearbox could have failed 50 miles further along and he wouldn't have finished and it actually kept him out of the carnage. not matter how good if he'd have been were heidfeld or webber were, his race would have been ruined.

Everyone is lucky in hindsight. The actually reality is that had Hamilton qualified higher up, the start would have been different and anything could've happened. So looking back and saying he avoided carnage isn't quite factual
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Yes, we know it.
Anyone watching the BBC1 now coverage check out the extra commentary options. The CBBC version is worth a listen
Quote from Töki (HUN) :With my first post I meant that Hamilton was very lucky to finish 3rd at the end (as Michael said that too). Then DD started trolling, that I'm defending Ferrari. Nonsense. Case closed.

Like i said even if Hamilton would of finished in 6th he still drove better than Ferraris did....
Quote from DevilDare :Like i said even if Hamilton would of finished in 6th he still drove better than Ferraris did....

That's true. I've never said Ferraris were better

BTW, any news on Massa's problem?
steering problem for massa.
Safety car periods were huge benefit for KERS cars, it was probably one the main reasons behind plenty of overtaking that took place.
That was some race...
I'm fairly impressed with Hamilton for not making a complete arse of himself under pressure.

But what a race! Fighting in the last few laps is something to be welcomed, eventhough it ended very quickly in tears.
Great race, Brawn getting a one two finish in their first race is a great F1 story, 2 drivers that thought they would never race in F1 again during the winter finishing on the two top steps of the podium a few weeks later. Sod all the controversy and stupid rules, that is what F1 is really about, the underdogs coming back against all the odds to win.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Great race, Brawn getting a one two finish in their first race is a great F1 story, 2 drivers that thought they would never race in F1 again during the winter finishing on the two top steps of the podium a few weeks later. Sod all the controversy and stupid rules, that is what F1 is really about, the underdogs coming back against all the odds to win.

Basically what I was going to say

Just watched the race - bloody awesome
  • Can't see how T1 was Rubens' fault...?
  • Great job Jenson
  • T1 = LFS
  • Lewis employing the McLaren h4x to get to 3rd
  • VETTEL - NOOOOOOO - **** his penalty - wasn't his fault, tho carrying on wasnt really a great plan
  • More overtaking than in all of last season.
  • KERS seemed to put something extra in the mix.
  • Poor old Rosberg
  • Oh dear at Ferrari...
  • @ my dad - STFU!
  • Can't wait for Malaysia next race
And a couple of suggestions:
  • Dekojester to replace Whiting as RC - how long does it take to see bits of car all over the track?
  • New LFS option for SC drivers - wave at cars behind to let them through.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :All Toki was saying is that Hamilton did get fairly lucky. This is true.

Quote from Timdpr :... [Hamilton] was certainly lucky to get 3rd, and didn't really deserve it

"The harder you practice, the luckier you get"
Gary Player
Quote from 5haz :I'm fairly impressed with Hamilton for not making a complete arse of himself under pressure.

But what a race! Fighting in the last few laps is something to be welcomed, eventhough it ended very quickly in tears.

You're a fool. Why was he under any more pressure than any other driver? Going by your rationale:

"I'm very unimpressed with Vettel and Kubica for being unable to drive under pressure"
Quote from tinvek :watching the interactive now, how long before coulthard punches jordans lights out ?

That could take a while.

He'll have to wait until Eddie gets his nose out of Michael Schumacher's ar$e first.
Quote from J@tko :
  • New LFS option for SC drivers - wave at cars behind to let them through.

Well, at least I don't think we've ever sent the safety car in front of the 2nd place guy, so that everyone but the leader can go round one more time...
Quote from hyntty :Well, at least I don't think we've ever sent the safety car in front of the 2nd place guy, so that everyone but the leader can go round one more time...

i think ur confusing webber's redbull with vettel
Can anyone provide a link for the replay, dont care if its low quality, cant watch it from BBC, have been trying to find a site that shows the replay of the whole race but without luck,,,
Quote from Fastwalker :i think ur confusing webber's redbull with vettel

If they were close to each other on track, possibly. 3rd place guy then
Quote from lamerr :Can anyone provide a link for the replay, dont care if its low quality, cant watch it from BBC, have been trying to find a site that shows the replay of the whole race but without luck,,,

You tried laek this http://hurwi.net/blog/?p=28 ?
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah i know, 18th to 3rd

Well lets not get too hyped. Trulli did it from 20 to 3rd untill penalty, and they both got lucky to get that high cuz of other people crashing. Lets face it Hamilton did a good job but nothing special really. In best situation if no one crashed he would have been 9th or 10th.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG