The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Quote from Deesiel :...However, after downloading the BMW E90 mod with realfeel and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, I can definately understand why someone would believe rfactor to be the more realistic sim.

Uhmm..what?
Okey my bad. I didn't really mean that lfs is a arcade game... Now I've driven singleseaters couple of days and they feel really good and real. I thin that I was just a bit drunk and pissed of something when I came to "piss lfs off". I apologize everybody I've made sad or angry.

Whee TCL is out <333
Quote from J@tko :I've just downloaded that and CANNOT WAIT to give it a go

EDIT: Teaser vid, Cossie RS500 @ Spa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnUkRVAwfYk

DL'd & installed.

I love my RS500. Physics are great, sounds ok but I think I will do some little adjusting (more realistic dump valve).

Tho now I have to learn driving the shifter on left side of me.
I have downloaded the touring car pack too. It is great since there are alot of vehicles, and their modelling is up to scratch. Though I may need some time to get used to the faster ones like the Skyline, Supra and RS500.
Had a quick look online, good to see that theres some servers going for it too
touring car legends
i don't like the sound on most of the cars, but it's a nice mod, i think. physics are fine and i like old touring cars!
Quote from titanLS :Speaking of rFactor... on a whim I grabbed the CTDP F1 2005 mod today, seeing how it's right at the top of the Hall of Fame mod list.

I spent a good 30 minutes spinning out off throttle at 25mph. Totally unplayable. I'm not giving up that easily, but mods like the 'Vette work right out of the box. No ridiculous 10 degrees of slip and then you're in the wall business...

Maybe you could turn TC on ??
I like Rfactor for relaxing driving about the nurburgring in the Chevy C6.. I have it over 2 years and never once went online with it.. thats what LFS is for!
Tbh, although his opinion is valid, he could have worded it better, especially when he's putting down a game on it's official forum. :hide:
Quote from Richie Cahill :I like Rfactor for relaxing driving about the nurburgring in the Chevy C6.. I have it over 2 years and never once went online with it.. thats what LFS is for!

I wnet online sometimes but I like ofline againt Ai more
Quote from Richie Cahill :I like Rfactor for relaxing driving about the nurburgring in the Chevy C6.. I have it over 2 years and never once went online with it.. thats what LFS is for!

same
i use r factor to drive cars that are real just for some fun
i use lfs for when i hant achallenge or when i go online
i do think though that we may all diagree on what one we like most but most pc sims have there advantages and disadvatage such as:
GTR2,GTREvo: very good in terms of graphics and wether condidtions, also has a good damege model. lacks some realism in defult sounds and could have more realistic pysics
Rfactor:lots of content avalible and day and night racing. lacks wether conditions and any form of driver animation
LFS: good pysics and graphics but could benifit from weather and more real cars
And what does it say? That you need a shakey cam, a sepia filter and orchestral music to make it even remotely exciting to watch? That you need to import models of another game to have good cars?* That the collision physics are still fundamentally flawed in any gMotor driven sim?

*well, I do like you need the GTL cd to install that mod
the video uses the same features and elements most lfs vids use to spice up the action.

no, you don't need to import cars from other games to get good cars for rfactor. historic gt is just one of many great mods in rfactor.

the collisions physics might not be the best, but still more convincing than in lfs.
Quote from ColeusRattus :And what does it say? That you need a shakey cam, a sepia filter and orchestral music to make it even remotely exciting to watch? That you need to import models of another game to have good cars?* That the collision physics are still fundamentally flawed in any gMotor driven sim?

*well, I do like you need the GTL cd to install that mod

Well, Fetzo has answered a part of your criticism for me.

About colisions, are you talking that rFactor has flaws, forgetting the fact that LFS has too?

And about GTL, well, I think the most of simracers has a copy. I have. You don't have?
Actually, you both didn't really get what I was aiming at.

It's just that this video doesn't really stand out from other racing game videos, no matter what game, thus it doesn't really transport any message other than the creator has good editing skills. It doesn't show anything spectacular about the game itself.

And just to not upset Soro: yes, I do own GTL, as I do own rFactor, and I like both of them for what they are.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Actually, you both didn't really get what I was aiming at.

It's just that this video doesn't really stand out from other racing game videos, no matter what game, thus it doesn't really transport any message other than the creator has good editing skills. It doesn't show anything spectacular about the game itself.

And just to not upset Soro: yes, I do own GTL, as I do own rFactor, and I like both of them for what they are.

oh, i really thought, you just wanted to post something negative about rfactor/this video in a sarcastic way as a flamebait.

glad i was wrong .
I play rFactor and LFS and what I love in rFactor is to drive real cars on real tracks...
In the opposite there are a lot of mods available for rFactor and lot of them are bads, in LFS at least you have only few cars and tracks but, IMO, they are all good.
holy 2005 bat man way to bring up a dead thread :P
Is 6 months that dead?
not really . The historx mod is a lot of fun. the VLN 2005/(2009 soon hopefully) mod is fun too, but not as realistic.

I want to see a game that combines current/next gen graphics and realistic physix. I was hoping for that from Shift... oh well.
I think the present debate should be more LFS vs iRacing than LFS vs Rfactor. Cause Rfactor can't even tip LFS nor iRacing.
What do you mean GianniC?

rFactor is bad?

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG