The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Quote from Keling :Get over it, guys. This kind of discussion never works.

Especially when one person just makes stuff up out of the blue.
Quote from BWX232 :Especially when one person just makes stuff up out of the blue.

That might be because you seem to be way too ignorant to understand what you have said yourself.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from nikopdr :That might be because you seem to be way too ignorant to understand what you have said yourself.

It sounds like you have problems with English, either that or you just don't make any sense.. Butt out. Ignoramus.
Quote from BWX232 :Especially when one person just makes stuff up out of the blue.

Only person making stuff up out of the blue is you. Oh you poor victim!

Oh here is a list of things you said:
- Physics kind of suck though.
- They (physics) break down past a certain slip angle and always have
- I haven't played rF in years
- some things are impossible to fix w/ a mod

Here is list of things you clearly implied:
- rf physics engine is in some way fundamentally broken because cars spin around once they reach certain slip angle. It is not the data that goes in that is broken ("newer mods can't fix it") but the physics engine itself that is broken.

Here is the actual fact about your statements:
- they are all wrong. Except the one where you say you haven't played rf in years.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. It is not 2006 anymore where all rf mods had slip curves for the tires that dropped basically to 0 at higher slip angles. That is and was an issue with bad data being used in the mods. I have given you a list of things to try in my earlier if you are actually interested in facts and seeing for yourself. But nope. Here I am just making stuff up*.

*If you just want an easy way just quote that last sentence so we can all see that you were just trolling all along and never wanted to be part of a discussion.
why do we even bother finding out which is best or not, we all know iracing beats everything in realism
The bestest sim is obviously gpl. Everything else is just waiting.
Pfft, all you false believers, Stunt Car Racer is where it's at.
Pfft, Pong had the most accurate physics.
Atleast it had a better tire model than iRental.
Quote from Hyperactive :Only person making stuff up out of the blue is you. Oh you poor victim!

Oh here is a list of things you said:
- Physics kind of suck though.
- They (physics) break down past a certain slip angle and always have
- I haven't played rF in years
- some things are impossible to fix w/ a mod

Here is list of things you clearly implied:
- rf physics engine is in some way fundamentally broken because cars spin around once they reach certain slip angle. It is not the data that goes in that is broken ("newer mods can't fix it") but the physics engine itself that is broken.

Here is the actual fact about your statements:
- they are all wrong. Except the one where you say you haven't played rf in years.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. It is not 2006 anymore where all rf mods had slip curves for the tires that dropped basically to 0 at higher slip angles. That is and was an issue with bad data being used in the mods. I have given you a list of things to try in my earlier if you are actually interested in facts and seeing for yourself. But nope. Here I am just making stuff up*.

*If you just want an easy way just quote that last sentence so we can all see that you were just trolling all along and never wanted to be part of a discussion.

Play and defend your crappy, old, outdated sim all you want! illepall

I got over it about 7 years ago.

I'm not making this stuff up and didn't say a damned word about "cars spinning", you are trying (and failing) to put words in my mouth with every single troll post of yours. Just stop.
I played rF the other day (I wanted to try something on the Silverstone National circuit, and I don't have any other 'sim' with that config). My god it's bad. The sounds and graphics have dated (fair enough), but the physics are laughable. Over the years I did try some of the apparently good mods, any whilst they sort of managed to get around the worst of the physics engine deficiencies (probably by some other means than realistic inputs), they were still fatally flawed.

I guess it's okay as a simulator if you never ask it to simulate cars on a track. That seems to be the one thing it can't actually do.
Yeah the physics are pretty bad. Implant LFS physics and FF with those cars and tracks and you might have something. The GFX would still be very outdated, but it would be and improvement.
Whatever. I can't change your religion with facts.
Quote from Hyperactive :Whatever. I can't change your religion with facts.

This is the fundamental problem with the world.
Unless either tristan or bwx232 tried rf properly with some proper mod (historix with realfeel, corvette, nsx, supra) it is not even possible to take their arguments seriously. It's like trying the first lfs version from 2002 and saying s2 in its current form sucks donkeyballs because the longnitudal grip is completely wrong and the menus look like something 5 year-old would shat on the floor if s/he ate full pack of crayons.

If they tried rf with proper mods with not-broken physics then ok (there aren't many). We agree to disagree. If not then obviously it is not going to be worth the effort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpUqm7YyNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEiFitFo9Y
Quote from Hyperactive :Unless either tristan or bwx232 tried rf properly with some proper mod (historix with realfeel, corvette, nsx, supra) it is not even possible to take their arguments seriously. It's like trying the first lfs version from 2002 and saying s2 in its current form sucks donkeyballs because the longnitudal grip is completely wrong and the menus look like something 5 year-old would shat on the floor if s/he ate full pack of crayons.

If they tried rf with proper mods with not-broken physics then ok (there aren't many). We agree to disagree. If not then obviously it is not going to be worth the effort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpUqm7YyNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEiFitFo9Y

Oh, yeah, every single mod that I had on my rF install.. I think 15 GB worth, after playing for something like 3 years. Yeah I am sure every single mod was broken. Now miraculously there are three mods that make rF physics and FF perfect.

Go fly a kite.
Niels' SimSteering has a classic wood wheel now? Sweet.
Quote from BWX232 :Oh, yeah, every single mod that I had on my rF install.. I think 15 GB worth, after playing for something like 3 years. Yeah I am sure every single mod was broken. Now miraculously there are three mods that make rF physics and FF perfect.

Go fly a kite.

After this gem I think it is safe to safe there is nothing I can gain from this
To be honest there has only been a single RF car mod that has been worth anything, and that's the NSX. Historix, Supra and Corvette are alright mods, but they all still feel pretty weird when pushed beyond the limit, the NSX doesn't.

I captured this video a while back showing how it drives when driven in a slightly playful manner and provoking oversteer. There aren't any usual rFactorish "why did that happen"-moments to be found, which proves that good mod(s) do exist for it.
Quote from BWX232 :Physics kind of suck though.

I will recommenced you this . THE best street car mod ever made till date..
Coming from a real car backround i aproove this.
This is an amateur mod made from a great guy and great modder.
The tyres are made with help of the allmighty Niels
This mod is used for both drifting and grip. and that matter from the setup you do and upgrades you choose

(maybe u need to register in my teams forums for this)
http://forum.team-fortitude.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=662

And then there is this mod made by pros.
My personal opinion , there is nothing better than this in terms of physics, sounds and models.

http://www.enduracers.com/downloads_es.html

Some tips and tricks to make it work ok is needed. Pm me for details as this thread doesnt notify me . idk why.
Is the enduracers mod really good in tire physics wise? I remember reading that it has the same basic problem with too much grip drop off at high slip angles?
Quote from Hyperactive :Is the enduracers mod really good in tire physics wise? I remember reading that it has the same basic problem with too much grip drop off at high slip angles?

Top mod team did the best job that anyone could extract our of isi engine.
They are using real car data to create cars n tyres.
I have a friend who i met though LFS (fastest driver ive known) the guy is a real pro race car driver driving similar cars in this mod.. he approoves...
Wanted to give rF2 demo a chance, the one with Civic and Silverstone.. Why the hell is it a slideshow? It literally doesn't work, screen freezes for 10 seconds, then it works for 5 seconds, then it stutters like crazy, this is their representative demo eh.. any way to get it working?
They managed to put the most PC demanding content to the demo, which is... not quite smart indeed, but turning your graphics down a bit should solve your problem. The rest of their content is a piece of cake, hardware requirement-wise, so they are probably on the logic, that if you can run this, you can run the rest perfectly. I did not have a single problem with the game though, except for one thing. Which was freezing after 16+ cars joining the race online, but that was caused by my 32bit system. Even upgraded PC since then.

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG