The online racing simulator
??
i dont know what net etc you are talking about.. cant you write whitsh whon you have?
Quote from bmwgutten :i dont know what net etc you are talking about.. cant you write whitsh whon you have?

Sigh. I don't want to sound mean, but you could try searching yourself.

However, I'll respond once again. Like I said before, I installed al Microsoft .Net Frameworks I could find at that time, I have in my add/remove programs:

Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1
Microsoft .Net Framework Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

You can get installers from the microsoft website, you really should be able to find those yourself, good luck .

edit: I just noticed neither me or the first post mentions .Net being a Microsoft framework. If you have never heard of it before I understand the confusion.
I have just finished my attempt at a 2.8 ford capri, using the XRG.

I found some stats for the 2.8 capri online and it feels pretty similar to drive in terms of handling and power. (my mate had one and used to let me drive it now and again.)
Attached images
2.8 capri.JPG
Nice engine! At first I thought "wait, a V? that can't be right, a capri has a straight 6!" which of course is wrong the enormous bonnet misled me ..
It's nice to hear it feels similar, although I have no experience with the capri I have had the same experience with some other engines.

I have a question for you though, I found some gear ratio's online, but I wonder if those aren't a bit long? Do you know the actual redline/revlimiter?

1st 3.36
2nd 1.81
3rd 1.26
4th 1.00
5th 0.825
(rev 3.37)
final 3.090
can someone help me with setting up the XR to sound and go like a rotary? seen it online but no settings were posted
would appreciate some help
cheers
seinfeld
where did you download you tweak????
Since LFS only simulates piston engines .. no.
You could build a piston engine which generates the about same top torque and power figures, however I don't think it will be like the real thing. Maybe you could use CSR (Car Sound Remixer iirc) to produce the sound, I don't know, no experience there.
Which engine are you after anyway? The 13B-REW from the RX-7?

@bmwgutten
There is a link in the first post.
where shuld i save the "setup" whenn i have made it?
like a skyline engine 5.1l whit 1001 hp.. how do you know whits engine you have in the car?
You don't know which engine you have in a car. You know what size it is, how many cylinders it has and in which configuration, and the maximum torque and power figures.
I can't seem to get the application working, I have patch Z10 but no tweaks I make take affect.
That is correct, this is mentioned before, it doesn't work with the testpatches. Just plain Z at the moment, which you can keep next to your Z10 if you like.
Quote from GuLLiT :Nice engine! At first I thought "wait, a V? that can't be right, a capri has a straight 6!" which of course is wrong the enormous bonnet misled me ..
It's nice to hear it feels similar, although I have no experience with the capri I have had the same experience with some other engines.

I have a question for you though, I found some gear ratio's online, but I wonder if those aren't a bit long? Do you know the actual redline/revlimiter?

1st 3.36
2nd 1.81
3rd 1.26
4th 1.00
5th 0.825
(rev 3.37)
final 3.090

erm, going from memory you can safely wind a standard 2.8 up to about 6000rpm , although i wouldnt want to hold revs like that for prolonged periods!
hehe, nice to see LFSTweak is still alive, althought it does look deceptively similar after so many years.
I sure don't miss these endless pages of complaining, arguing and such I can't wait for the
Scirocco, i loved my A2 I wonder if LFSTweak will be able to mod it...

BTW, i still haven't received payment for trademark rights. I will assume it's a postal error.
I need the money to buy myself that new cheerawko
-
(lrdbsi) DELETED by SamH
:bowdown: Thank you sooo very very much. (you are the author of the original right .. ? )

Something else, which wasn't an issue back in the RSC days I believe, we are not allowed to discuss the insim version of LFSTweak at all? A whole topic just disappeared ..
It's not that I don't agree, just that I didn't know, and I cannot find any info on this, nor is there any feedback. Maybe someone could add it to the rules? Something like "Topics regarding LFSTweak without License Protection will be removed without warning". Or perhaps "Licence" if you are British.
Please keep in mind not all users have been here everyday since this forum started, and may not know the 'history' of why things are the way they are . I guess removing topics without feedback doesn't help either, the topic I am talking about was even a few days old already!

I am not looking for a discussion, I am just a bit dissapointed I invested some time for nothing. As anyone would be I guess.
Quote from GuLLiT :Something else, which wasn't an issue back in the RSC days I believe, we are not allowed to discuss the insim version of LFSTweak at all? A whole topic just disappeared ..

You're quite right, of course. Only the applications that have been approved by moderators can be discussed on this forum, no others. I've said it myself in this thread before, too...
Quote from SamH :Only support for the tweak version mentioned in this thread's original post is permitted on this forum. No other versions.

No support for any version of Tweak that does not include licence checking will ever be permitted on this forum. The nature of Tweak and its capabilities undermines the 3-car demo too severely, and cannot be allowed here.
Quote from SamH :You're quite right, of course. Only the applications that have been approved by moderators can be discussed on this forum, no others. I've said it myself in this thread before, too...

Is there a list with applications, or do you have to wait and see if your topic survives? I am surprised you responded so soon, since the topic I referred to was open for a few days, I really didn't think it would be just removed like that.

Quote from SamH :
No support for any version of Tweak that does not include licence checking will ever be permitted on this forum. The nature of Tweak and its capabilities undermines the 3-car demo too severely, and cannot be allowed here.

I even discussed it in this topic. D'oh! Sorry. I seem to have missed your post.

That brings me back to the list .. New users, or users who aren't very active (which I could be accused of) do not know which applications are approved. For the record, I totally agree demo users should not be allowed to use LFSTweak, LFS is a bargain as it is in my opinion.

I am glad you are willing to elaborate you should interpret my post as constructive criticism. I do hope you consider my suggestion about adding it to the rules, or perhaps make it a new sticky, that way people who actually read rules will not make the same mistake.

It is clear for me now, thanks for responding .
Heya All add-on applications must be submitted to one of the moderators first. We then test out and ensure that the app doesn't break any of our fundamental rules (modifying car bodies etc). If as in the case of Tweak, the application would add significantly to the content of LFS, we ensure that licence checking exists and is effective. If the moderators accept the add-on, the creator is then invited to open a new thread here, releasing their mod for public use

I think the thread you're referring to was created by lrdbsi. When I removed the thread (for the reasons explained), I also PM'd him to explain why I had. I apologise to you if you spent time helping. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do

[edit] PS: Forgot to mention, RULES (Updated July 13, 2007) is where to find information on add-on regulations on the forum. It's one of the stickies In theory, you should only find threads for approved mods in this section. Occasionally threads are posted without approval and they usually get reported fairly quickly. Sometimes they contain viruses, sometimes they're online cheats. We remove them as soon as we get to hear about them
why delete my post, i was simplym saying there was a tweak available that mods all cars, i didnt link it anywhere...
Thanks SamH, I thought about this and I (finally) see the problem now. It's so simple I'm almost embarassed I didn't realise this sooner. You cannot warn about not making threads about this particular application, because you would acknowledge its existence. You cannot just close threads with a warning for the same reason.

Btw, no need to apologise I should, and could, have known better.

@lrdbsi
PM

Now, on with the tweaking.
Quote from lrdbsi :why delete my post, i was simplym saying there was a tweak available that mods all cars, i didnt link it anywhere...

Quote from SamH :Only the applications that have been approved by moderators can be discussed on this forum, no others.

a
It isn't possible - tweak will edit memory in the machine it's running on.
Quote from MeTaL73 :Anyone tried The Tweak on LFS 0.5Z with LAN??I tried but it didn't work..It disconnected me all the time.Any ideas??

You mean you joined a LAN game with the Tweak running? That means you probably can't join, like what byte1 said :P

LFSTweak for Patch Z released!
(577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG