The online racing simulator
I wantz teh Schiroccoco nohw!!!
Quote from BradstaMS :Patience. < find some.

Patience is like virginity, sooner or later everyone lost it.
Quote from mclarenmatt :All the noob's whining on the forum's saying "give me the patch nowzzzzzzzzz!!!" doesn't help im sure. Maybe Scawen just want's this patch to be perfect, especially as the Scirocco is in it

I personally belive they wouldn't give up until S2 went final anyway, if they were to give up it would probably mean S3 would never see the light of day.

Either way im going through an LFS bored patch, been playing netKar Pro alot lately getting ready for the GPC 2009 season.

Im sure i will fire up LFS when the patch do's come out though, although it might be a while until i start playing it reguarly again

I don't post often, but I wouldn't say I'm a noob.

All I'm saying is that it really feels like they have slowed in the progress since 2003, and it's going to take a lot more than a patch with 1 new car to keep me interested.

That said it's a shame really, since LFS had the best netcode of any online racer I've played. I'd love to see it revived again.
That's just a distorted view you have there, McDee.

Back in 03, LfS was quite simple. So new features were easy to add, quick to test and art, due to the low polycount was quickly done.
Over the years though, LfS grew very complex. New features, even if they are minor, interact with the existing code, thus it needs more time implementing, testing and fixing things. Additionally, graphics took a big step forward, which also take much longer to produce to the desired level of detail.

So it is really a no-brainer that the "added stuff per month" ratio sinks. That doesn't mean that the developement became slower. For all we know, Scawen could hack in more lines of code per hour than ever before.
next week is Friday again, and the next and the next... woooooooow so many Fridays lol
Quote from ColeusRattus :That's just a distorted view you have there, McDee.

Back in 03, LfS was quite simple. So new features were easy to add, quick to test and art, due to the low polycount was quickly done.
Over the years though, LfS grew very complex. New features, even if they are minor, interact with the existing code, thus it needs more time implementing, testing and fixing things. Additionally, graphics took a big step forward, which also take much longer to produce to the desired level of detail.

So it is really a no-brainer that the "added stuff per month" ratio sinks. That doesn't mean that the developement became slower. For all we know, Scawen could hack in more lines of code per hour than ever before.

I can see your point, but it still does not change the fact that LFS needs to worry about keeping its current playerbase, let alone expanding on it. The only way I can see it doing this is by finding a way to speed development up (more developers maybe?) to keep things interesting. As good as LFS is it can't rest on its laurels anymore. Sure the diehards may never grow bored but LFS needs more than just diehards to keep afloat.

jmho
Quote from McDee :The only way I can see it doing this is by finding a way to speed development up (more developers maybe?) to keep things interesting.

I don't consider myself a diehard fan, but there is plenty to do already, and the community itself has great ideas to occupy itself with, so it doesn't really get boring... Of course, if you're in LfS 24/7 and have the attention span of a 6-year old with ADD, LfS' development will be too slow...

My advice: pace yourself - adjust to longer periods without patches, you don't have to do everything LfS offers at once... And remember, you haven't sworn an oath of abstinence of other games - they are fun too...
Alas, while people were pacing angrily up and down LFS forum land, there was a whole entire online world full of a variety of cars and tracks going from strength to strength, but because these people spent their time sitting waiting for the Scirrocco, they missed out on everything that makes LFS great already.
Why so many insults for expressing my opinion? And 6 posts since 2003 hardly makes me a forum troller.

I AM glad you are all so content with LFS, I really am, all I'm saying is that MY OPINION is that I'm not satisfied. I'm not going to get emotional about it though, either LFS adds new content or I play less often, either way I'm sure it's not something to get upset over guys. All I wanted to do was express how I feel somewhere the developers might see.
Quote from McDee :Why so many insults for expressing my opinion? And 6 posts since 2003 hardly makes me a forum troller.

I AM glad you are all so content with LFS, I really am, all I'm saying is that MY OPINION is that I'm not satisfied. I'm not going to get emotional about it though, either LFS adds new content or I play less often, either way I'm sure it's not something to get upset over guys. All I wanted to do was express how I feel somewhere the developers might see.

Disagreeing with someone is not the same as insulting someone.

And the developers wont see, they're in hiding for fear of their sanity, mainly because you are not the first person to come here to tell us how awfully upset you are about the Scirocco not being out yet.
Not you, I was refering to the "noob" and "6 y/o with ADD" comments. Is it hard to imagine that a somewhat smart, normalish, mildly imature older guy could get bored with LFS?

Are you serious they won't see this thread? I'm not upset about the late car, it was just the straw that broke the camels back if you catch my drift.
Would you rather the devs release car that has several bugs than release a car that can drive properly and not crash your game?
The other reason they're taking their time is they are also adding little features to the game (take a look in the test patch forum) like ABS

remember its only a few people working with this game and it is still in its alpha stages
i'd say give the devs their space and let them release it when they think the time is right
Quote from McDee :Not you, I was refering to the "noob" and "6 y/o with ADD" comments. Is it hard to imagine that a somewhat smart, normalish, mildly imature older guy could get bored with LFS?

Are you serious they won't see this thread? I'm not upset about the late car, it was just the straw that broke the camels back if you catch my drift.

Yes but you're not saying anything that hasn't been said before, which probrably irritates some people.
Quote from McDee :Not you, I was refering to the "noob" and "6 y/o with ADD" comments. Is it hard to imagine that a somewhat smart, normalish, mildly imature older guy could get bored with LFS?

Who said those comments were aimed at you personally? Feeling guilty?
Quote from McDee :Why so many insults for expressing my opinion? And 6 posts since 2003 hardly makes me a forum troller.

I do believe the devs will say "put up or shut up" as their methord of development for LFS is well known.
Quote from bbman :Who said those comments were aimed at you personally? Feeling guilty?

Sigh, I give up...
Quote from 5haz :Yes but you're not saying anything that hasn't been said before, which probrably irritates some people.

Neither are you.
Quote from madmat28 :There is no such law.

You´re mixing up the car manufacturers agreement from back in the 80ies, not to exceed the max. speed of 250km/h, which wasn´t green minded at all but for safety reasons, and recent tries to introduce a general speed limit where numbers varied between 120km/h and 150km/h (dunno whats that in your squarefeet per inchgallonpound measurement)

The car manufacturers agreement was one of the main reasons for the sucess of AMG, M GmbH and all the other in-factory tuners of German car makers - because they weren´t bound to this agreement.
In the early days AMG simply removed a chip from the central car computer - et voila, bye bye speed governor.
Well worth an extra 8000 DM (still dunno whats that in your squarefeet per inchgallonpound measurement).

But... back to topic.

okay okay ! sorry ! i shouldnt have posted things that i didnt kno bout but in the end its good for everyone .... thx for the info ... =)

ps: in canada we use KM/H ( metric system ) not that imperial one that uses a unit called miles .....

I don't think you've been insulted though I agree some remarks were somewhat judgemental... that may happen to the best ones among us.

Problem is you're beating a dead horse, one that has beaten every other day since the Scirocco announcements. And I suppose accounts having 1 post per year may look suspicious to some eyes...

@S14

IIRC it's already been confirmed the Scirocco in LFS is the faster one with the 2 liters turbo engine
Quote from wheel4hummer :Scirocco's being released when S14 DRIFT loses his virginity.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I actually want to be around to maybe see my grandchildren drive the Scirocco atleast.
Chris, you muppet. :doh:

*runs away singing Barney*
...but Barney wasn't in the muppets :talktohan
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG