The online racing simulator
anyone found a fix to get around the drivers not being digitally signed other than readydriver in Vista 64?
Quote from Gills4life :Heel toe is way easier with the Fanatec pedals.

Do you press the base of the gas pedal with your heel (or side of foot)? I guess that could work, but I'm having trouble picturing it.. there's no videos on Youtube either (from what I could see anyway)
I never really check to see how I am doing it I just do it. Now I am looking I flick the throttle with my heel. To me it feels very comfortable and easy to do. I don't understand why you cannot picture it.
Quote from Gills4life :I never really check to see how I am doing it I just do it. Now I am looking I flick the throttle with my heel. To me it feels very comfortable and easy to do. I don't understand why you cannot picture it.

Because using the heel would mean you'd hit the very base of the gas pedal, no? So you'd effectively get a very strong blip even with very low force. And if you blip too much (100% gas for some time) the rev matching won't be perfect...

Man, this is hard to explain. Anyway, as long as it works for you I guess that's all that matters. But if someone would like to make a short youtube vid that would be cool.
Well, I kind of blip it with the side of my heel. I am blipping it quite high up the throttle pedal actually, far from the base. When I blip the throttle I am flicking it at about halfway up, which is just about right. Feels perfect to me.
Quote from Gnomie :Because using the heel would mean you'd hit the very base of the gas pedal, no? So you'd effectively get a very strong blip even with very low force. And if you blip too much (100% gas for some time) the rev matching won't be perfect...

so? all german cars that ive driven had that kind of pedal layout (with the brake and clutch hinged at the top rather than the floor) and ive always managed to just fine
any car is different and you always have to relearn how you heel and toe

also most road cars arent built for easy heel and toe so the brake and gaspedal are often too far apart to do it without turning your foot and even with my not very large feet theres rarely enough room to turn the foot fully horizontal like you usually see japanese drivers do
anyway what im trying to get at is that those long gaspedals help a lot becuase no matter how you turn your foot youll allways find some position that works
Quote from Gabkicks :anyone found a fix to get around the drivers not being digitally signed other than readydriver in Vista 64?

Yup I am working on a 64bit Vista with the wheel. Try this :

All you have to do is type cmd in the Search Box included in the Vista Start menu. Next, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open a command prompt window with elevated privileges. Now enter :"bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" in order to disable Driver Signing After you entered it will tell you : Operation succesfull.
Now reboot and off you go.

If this string doesnt work and Vista still gives the message then you have security patch KB932596 installed. This one kills the working string. However you can either delete or use the attach program. It makes a BIOS which youll see when you reboot. Works great, with all unsigned 64 bit drivers. I had the message once but the driver did work.

SetupReadyDriverPlus.rar

Good luck
Attached files
SetupReadyDriverPlus.rar - 263.9 KB - 185 views
has anyone got the wheel to work with gran turismo 4 on the PlayStation 2? nvm just had to press button on dongle. wow, game feels so much better w/ this wheel heh. and now i remember why i was so dissapointed w/ gt4... back to pc
Me and many others got shipping confirmation on the GT 3 RS wheel today
Quote from oqvist :Me and many others got shipping confirmation on the GT 3 RS wheel today

Shipping confirmation..? I thought the April shipment was already in customs somewhere in Europe?
Yes they are released from customs and on it´s way here
Quote :PWGT3RS and CSP finally on the way to customers

Submitted by Thomas on Wed, 05/20/2009 - 12:28.
After going through customs for about ten days in the US we are happy to announce that the wheels and pedals are on the way to customers.

Tomorrow the first wheels will arrive depending on where the customer is located.

We ship from California and Germany.

The final driver is unfortantly still not ready yet but in the meantime you can use the driver of the Porsche 911 Turbo wheel or the Beta version from this blog.

From the blog. Now If only the delivery man was driving a Porsche.
Unfortantly?
anyone know a fix for turbo's pedals losing range? my pedal registers as being 100% pressed down when its only at about 90% or so, and the 1st 5% doesn't register as being pressed. I guess I'd have to buy more expensive pedals? I checked dxtweak2, and it doesn't show any more range, so it must be something w/ the pots or something?
You can take them apart and readjust the pots but it´s a two man job minimum to put them back together again. They are not designed to be tinkered with and well I suppose you void your warranty doing so as well.

Unless you have warranty on them get some G25 pedals proven sturdy. works with the GT 3 RS but if you get that one you may as well get the CSP pedals. I don´t dare to comment on that one since I haven´t got mine yet
Grrrrrr... They delayed the last Turbo S shipment till September! Why?!
Which Fanatec wheel is the best for PC?
any of the non gear driven ones. everything else is down to preference. the most expensive one is obviously the best since it comes with the Clubsport pedals. but I'm getting the 911 Turbo S wheel because it supports PS3 and Xbox 360.
Okey. So the GT3 RS wheel is... the same as the Turbo S one?
I don't think the GT3 RS works with xbox 360. and gt3 rs comes standard with clubsport pedals. So if you only play on PC, than it's probably the better option.

Feature comparison is here:

http://www.fanatec.de/html/pw_overview.htm
Yeah, I know about their site etc. Im getting the wheel and the CSP
the grip is as you see different. As I mentioned in the review not hundred percent which I preferr since I can´t do a side by side until I get my Turbo S . If you have smaller hands I am sure you would preferr the RS grip with it´s thumb grips. Otherwise you may appreciate the full grip of the Turbo S more. Wonder how the shifter paddles will work with that grip hope they have the same solution in the way that it´s optional.

As for force feedback from what I read seems to be pretty much the same design. Will be interesting to see if they will somehow integrate the vibration motors in Forza 3, and if they manage to do so that actually improves the feel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG