The online racing simulator
How to recompile it to console (without GUI)
-
(PoVo) DELETED by PoVo
Quote from misiek08 :How to recompile it to console (without GUI)

You can't really without a major rewrite. It is all stuffed in Form1.cs instead of being spread between classes.
@elmohellno,
Why SQL? I do not find it any more stable. Could you recode it withOUT the SQL? Because this insim will not connect with my SQL database.
@elmohellno
Elmo. Could you please provide a tut on how to setup mysql to work with this?
My mod needs extensive work. But if you do want to use it, all you have to do a provide it a database with the username/password and it creates the tables.
Quote from elmohellno :My mod needs extensive work. But if you do want to use it, all you have to do a provide it a database with the username/password and it creates the tables.

I have created that. But it won't connect. Because you need an IP right? Is that the IP of the database? because i don't know that.
Quote from Bose321 :I have created that. But it won't connect. Because you need an IP right? Is that the IP of the database? because i don't know that.

i think you just need the IP which i think is normally localhost,then u need the Database_User
Database_Password
Database_Name
robbo as i host the mysql server. I will need to forward port 3306 and then will my computers ip work?
Quote from Robbo01 :i think you just need the IP which i think is normally localhost,then u need the Database_User
Database_Password
Database_Name

But I don't host the SQL where the insim runs, so how should the insim know how to connect then
Quote from Bose321 :But I don't host the SQL where the insim runs, so how should the insim know how to connect then

Well you need to find out the I.P, Then you need log in details of the MySql server. I also hope you havnt got the MySql server on a connection that isnt very fast or else you will end up having problems when the server begins to get more then a few people. Bascially when the MySql server gets used a lot. Ideally, It should be on the same machine as the program using it.
Well the internet connections where i run my servers is a 5mb con. I dont think thatll do good when there are a media server running (survalance system) as it is a mini mart, and 5-7 lfs servers running + 1 ts server.
Quote from mcgas001 :Well you need to find out the I.P, Then you need log in details of the MySql server. I also hope you havnt got the MySql server on a connection that isnt very fast or else you will end up having problems when the server begins to get more then a few people. Bascially when the MySql server gets used a lot. Ideally, It should be on the same machine as the program using it.

Well, I'm on a private dutch host, but they don't give an IP adress. So i don't know how te retrieve it or whatever.
just found the IP. Filled everything in, tried all possible variation, but it just wont work
#164 - sun
This is a quick example for you:

DatabaseDomainorIp: xx.xx.xx.xx
DatabaseName: LFS
DatabaseUserName: BOB Port: 3306
DatabasePassword: bob12

Connect

Basically if you are on the Dedi server with the InSim / Server / MySQL runing on it then the domain / IP will then be localhost. If your trying to connect to a MySQL database on a diffrent server then you need the ip address and the username or password of an account. If you dont know then read from here:

http://mysql.com

Its very simple when you know what your doing
Please sun. I know what I am doing. The SQL database is not on the same IP as the Dedi as I told.
#166 - sun
I know what i'm doing to.
OMg is this post still ongoing,

Did u fix the 8 player limit then

Mikc
No, Mikjen. But there is a MySQL version setup that has the 8 player limit fixed. I could host the insim and database for you.
How to force to pay? Thx (i use that insim on demo)
one of my friends tried this on a local server, works fine without modification, and i somewhat understand the code in the *.cs files, but found a bug, when the server was created, the last car he had used was what the game threw him in and on the track, so he got fined for trying to steal it.

Requires some work for be suitable for online work, but its a good starting point
i'm programing my own cruise insim and i addeded a force pay system for speed radars .

If someone need help tell me and i see if i can solve that problem because i didn't know a lot of C#...
Saw a demo server running this insim, every 5 mins the insim would crash, with no overlay, and then it have resettet euro balance this day, along with sometimes the speed wont register :P
The demo server you saw its my. The problem is when someone connect i need to close insim go to his account.txt and put XFG. I dont like do this all time
I tried changing the www.yoursite.com in Form.cs using VB but its still the same

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG