The online racing simulator
Does anyone understand how the positioning of the speed limit & location names positioned?

I see that it has something to do with the coordinates. I'm confused as to how to create my own "zones" for a track that doesn't currently have them. It appears that there is one X coordinate, and 2 y coordinates??

case "AS5":
for (int i = 0; i < Players.Count; i++)
{
if ((MCI.Info[i].Node >= 731) && ((MCI.Info[i].X / 196608) <= -203) && ((MCI.Info[i].Y / 196608) <= -63) && ((MCI.Info[i].Y / 196608) >= -147))
{
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("^2Pit Lane", Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK, 5, 25, 0, 64, 171, (Connections[GetConnIdx(Players[GetPlyIdx(MCI.Info[i].PLID)].UniqueID)].UniqueID), 2, false);

I'm assuming you use the coordinates to create a "box" around the area that you want to zone off. You use two x,y coordinates to create that box.

But, thats where I'm completely lost.

I'm new to programming, but I'd really like to give it a shot. I've been digging through the source for hours to try to understand it, along with using the program that the creator of this OSS server also made (the coordinate viewer), and I just can't understand how it works.

In the meantime, I'll continue working on my own modifications to the code.
Hi, I have problem with that - can someone add me to msn and help me ?
My msn ...

/EDIT:: NVM, Robbo helped me !
Quote from dieselfuelonly :Does anyone understand how the positioning of the speed limit & location names positioned?

I see that it has something to do with the coordinates. I'm confused as to how to create my own "zones" for a track that doesn't currently have them. It appears that there is one X coordinate, and 2 y coordinates??

case "AS5":
for (int i = 0; i < Players.Count; i++)
{
if ((MCI.Info[i].Node >= 731) && ((MCI.Info[i].X / 196608) <= -203) && ((MCI.Info[i].Y / 196608) <= -63) && ((MCI.Info[i].Y / 196608) >= -147))
{
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("^2Pit Lane", Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK, 5, 25, 0, 64, 171, (Connections[GetConnIdx(Players[GetPlyIdx(MCI.Info[i].PLID)].UniqueID)].UniqueID), 2, false);

I'm assuming you use the coordinates to create a "box" around the area that you want to zone off. You use two x,y coordinates to create that box.

But, thats where I'm completely lost.

I'm new to programming, but I'd really like to give it a shot. I've been digging through the source for hours to try to understand it, along with using the program that the creator of this OSS server also made (the coordinate viewer), and I just can't understand how it works.

In the meantime, I'll continue working on my own modifications to the code.

no no no dont use x,y position to create locations on a track lol use MCI.Info[i].Node instead you use it kinder the same way as x and y but first off make something that shows you what node you are at and its easier starting at Node 0 then use

if (MCI.Info[i].Node > 0 & MCI.Info[i].Node < "your end node for that location")
{
do what ever you want it to do when you are in that location
}

not used that kind of code for awhile so dno if that still works
Quote from PoVo :Could anyone help me make the mod password protected, like if somone logs on they have to type a password, becouse on my Demo Cruise server several people started robbing everyones money :jawdrop: I would thank you so much, + i could host you a server maybye for abaout 4 months

how are they doing that
Quote from PoVo :Making new Demo licences

i dont understand what u mean by "mod password"
Quote from Robbo01 :i dont understand what u mean by "mod password"

Like if anyone could make a mod OR plugin so that thios mod would be passwor protected? Once you join the host you have to wrte like /login PASSWORD or when the first time you play like /register PASSWORD
The only reason I could think of doing some thing like this would be for some one sharing an account with some one else, that happens to be aginst the Live For Speed TOS.
how do I use a MySQL database (and .txt)? I'm trying it to make a php site for statistics, total distance, etc.

Have possibiliy to do this without using MySQL?

Thanks
#135 - sun
if you want to read from a txt file on a website, then i suggest in the fileinfo.cs add

Sr.Writeline("<?php");

and at the bottom of the Sr's, put in:

Sr.Writeline("?>");

Its Just messing with the php tags really :P

i dont now about reading from a MySQL database... Sorry
-
hello (Sandisck) DELETED by Sandisck : old
How do I remove the campfine?

have tried, but insim was broken... im not so good in programming yet:P

and how can i make a button for KM ? i dont understand it :P

Thanks
could someone please tell me where i do find the bank etc on as5r ? i already found the bank ? but whre is the lottery pick up etc could someone tell me ?
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
AS5!
I found lottery ticket!
What me do now?

Friends, help me pls))
Its the first open right on the straight
Hello people.
I and my friend Trying to create server (s2)
But i have a problem. i Dont know how to add a new track.
I want to add Fern Bay Black but i dont know how. please help me.
But i have a problem. i Dont know how to add a new track.
I want to add Fern Bay Black but i dont know how. please help me.

Your a Demo Racer?
Quote from SunSonik :AS5!
I found lottery ticket!
What me do now?

Friends, help me pls))

What? Post a screenshot please, i don't trust you because i think there is no route for demoers at AS5
Quote from Robbo01 :Your a Demo Racer?

He still can make a dedicated host.
Yes I'm Demo but my friend is S2 Licenzed.
Excuse #2
Quote from z0ne13 :Yes I'm Demo but my friend is S2 Licenzed.

What is your friend's license name?
FuXaS. Happy now?
Quote from Shadowww :What? Post a screenshot please, i don't trust you because i think there is no route for demoers at AS5
He still can make a dedicated host.

yes, im demo racer!
my friend have S2 license
Im not cracker, trust me.
I have one hour playtime in week)
sorry, my english is very bad
Does anyone haves a list with all the admin commands?
I searched, but i can't find it.
I found !refund myself :P

Greets,
Xzelicon
Here the commands which i found.

!fine = !refund -[amount] [user] - to fine someone.
!addpolice [username] - to add a Officer.
!settrap [speed] - to set a speedtrap.
!reinit - to reinit the insim.
!officer - to go on/off duty as officer| Only Officer/Cadet
!cadet - to go on/off duty as cadet |
!reset [username] - reset somebodys insim account.
!engage/!disengage (only officer) - to start a chase at a person who is near you.
!bank (officeronly) - watch time when bank open?

if im wrong correct me please
!addedtime - add bank time

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG