The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from skolekaj :it was just a question. and i was hoping to get some more mature answers...

ok, you cannot buy them...
ok then i wont
Quote from BigPeBe :Athlon X2 4400+ @ 2.425 GHz (:razz and 2 gigs of DDR2 800 @ 402.6 MHz (:razz.

I'm maybe going for just Athlon X2 6000+, because of the good price/performance value I think and no more cores for me yet, because it's quite rare to be able to use the all performance of 4 cores.

Doesn't GTA use all four core's though?
I dunno about that, but even if it does I'm not going to spend all my money just for GTA IV. Quad cores are still quite expensive and the performance gain against X2 isn't that awesome really. Sometimes the X2 is even better with lower price.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Doesn't GTA use all four core's though?

Judging by Recomended system requirements claiming Quad Core Q6600 I guess it is
Works alright on my rig. And /me will never use bloom. /me hates bloom
it uses 3 cores
Quote from Smurfen :it uses 3 cores

It uses 4 but the recomended processer i 3 core. Basically 1 core is ****ed on the phenom x3
we shall see as i get my new system tomorrow

q8300
p5n-d sli
4gb ddr2 640
(already have) 2x8800gts 320mb
Works fine here too...
The Xbox 360 owners will be happy. Rockstar announced additionnal content for February. It's a mod called The Lost and Damned. Hopefully they'll do something for PC and PS3 too!

Link
old
Well I didnt see anything about this in the GTA IV thread so I tought I'd get my postcount higher in a useful way.
Quote from Luke.S :It uses 4 but the recomended processer i 3 core. Basically 1 core is ****ed on the phenom x3

The game uses 3 cores, quadcore machines are stuck at around 75% cpu load in the benchmark. I7 machines (quadcore with hyperthreading) are stuck at around 35 percent.
Quadcores still have a slight advantage though, all background processes can run on the core that isn't used.
Quote from Riders Motion :The Xbox 360 owners will be happy. Rockstar announced additionnal content for February. It's a mod called The Lost and Damned. Hopefully they'll do something for PC and PS3 too!

Link

Aww, I always assumed that the extra content would just build further on the current story, with you playing as Niko Bellic. Apparently it's more like a completely seperate "game", just situated in the exact same city. I don't know yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyway, seeing as the new content will probably focus more on motorcycles I'm a bit disappointed, because I don't think they're very good in GTA IV. The sounds especially are horrible IMO. They were way better and more fun in Vice City and San Andreas.

Despite that I'm still looking forward to the new content.
I finished this game yesterday, on both endings.. Wow... after finishing it I searched and I did the right choices on everything in the game
Including the ending.. but I saved the game before the last mission so I could see both endings, and I need to say they are really impressive...

Some information I think will be useful for everyone: if you need to make a backup of your GTA IV game saves, check correctly to take the savedgame folder and your GFWL profile, otherwise the save files won't work. I had to play from the beggining after reinstalling windows because I didn't know that
The save files only work on the GFWL profile they were saved on..
Quote from Riders Motion :The Xbox 360 owners will be happy. Rockstar announced additionnal content for February. It's a mod called The Lost and Damned. Hopefully they'll do something for PC and PS3 too!

Link

There's an exclusive deal with Microsoft for the Xbox DLC. PC/PS3 players won't get any DLC afaik. If they do, you can bet it won't be this, nor will it be as large as this.
I love traffic density maxed out
1 a.m. and there's like a lot of traffic, even BOATS

How it started
How this ended
*facepalm*
Attached images
beginning.JPG
facepalm.JPG
Quote from Bose321 :What does that have to do with X2 and Quad core?

Shows the differences between dual core and quad core. Really impressive tbh. Even with my E8200 clocked at 4,5ghz I have some fps problems when it starts to rain, or doing some intense chase. Wish I bought a quad back then, but they were just insane on the price.
Anyone on here running this game with windows 7?
Quote from MAGGOT :There's an exclusive deal with Microsoft for the Xbox DLC. PC/PS3 players won't get any DLC afaik. If they do, you can bet it won't be this, nor will it be as large as this.

is it as exclusive as GTA 4 was for the Consoles? (and GTA VC and GTA SA?)
hey guys, just wondering on some tips to get better and faster gameplay? it seems really laggy for me.

i just bought a 1gb gfx card today, and it's still slow.

any ideas?

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG