The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
just a quick question about the vws does this new car mean that lfs have headed towards the cruising side due to this car having a sunroof, in races over here they do not allow sunroofs to remain standard they have to be bolted and secured down or welded down
Take your time...
Quote from NightShift :Exactly my thought, must have been a bitter pill to swallow. Also because I think he (they) really wanted to give us the xmas gift

I feel very much the same way. I feel so sorry for him because of the effort he is putting in to iron out all the little bugs to make it perfect and he is just getting bummed by a load of immature guys on the forum. It's not fair on him.
I can't say I'm happy about this. However, the devs probably know when it's ready to be released, so I'll just play GTA instead (and work a little on school assignments) until we get it.
Thanks for not playing the Microsoft card! Sort it out, then release.
Good thing imo.
Good things come to those who wait.
Scawen,

Any chance you can give a reliable indication of whether the patch will be ready before the 24th of January (i.e., the MoE 24 Hour race)? If not, we need to change the safety car skinning contest back to the FZ5.

Thanks!
Quote from Scawen :
Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options.

Thats a big plus!
Wait till it gets released then talking will change i guess
Quote from hrtburnout :We might get it before christmas, I hope. The 19th is still a few days before christmas, so maybe we'll get it on the 24th or something

If you read Scawen's announcement you'll see he's estimating early 2009. Bear in mind it's christmas in just over a week, he's got christmas things to do just like the rest of us. And he's no doubt looking forward to spending time with his young family over the break rather than pulling his (scruffy hippy) hair out trying to figure out why certain graphics card drivers draw funny shadows sometimes.

I'm sure it'll be relatively early in 2009, it's just that bugs like these can require a lot of trial and error, so it's difficult to esimate how long they'll take to fix. Hence the vague release date.
Merry Xmas devs and good luck with the bug squashing.
Aww
Quote from RS1T :I have spent my money on this game, so my opinion is valid. Are you a communist by any chance, or do you just not believe in free speech?

This is not a democracy and you knew what you got when you paid for it.

Not to mention did you know you were getting a new car anyway when you signed up?

Think before you open that hole beneath your nose..
I know. People should ask for a new GFX card for Xmas :P.
First of all, thanks for informing!
Second, I wouldn't mind waiting some more. =)
Well, bummer, but it was kinda foreseeable with the amount of problems that appeared in the test patches. Glad you cleared up the situation as soon as it became apparent instead of trying for the best till Christmas and then disappointing everyone on the last day.

On the positive side, I very very much like what I hear regarding the VWS setup. This might finally become the first car that can be driven "as intended" instead of exploiting certain physics shortcomings. Considering how the car will most likely not be the most challenging to drive, it ought to provide great, close races!

Maybe there's a possibility to concentrate on the crash/graphics issues now and release 0.6A around Christmas without the Scirocco, followed with a quick 0.6B including the Scirocco in "early" 2009. The test patch content alone is already a nice upgrade, especially considering the drastic change that ABS will bring for some cars. At least I think this would be the overall better solution, because experience tells me the "early" 2009 could end up not being as early as many people would understand it using non-programmer speech
Quote from RS1T :Why dont you listen?
I know the reasons i and i respect the fact that things always don't go to plan, but it is rude to raise people's hopes like that, and then to crush them. Like i said in my first post which you evidently didnt read properly, if the car isn't 100% finished and perfect, don't mention the release. I'm not being disrespectful, it is just wrong to do that

Then dont make a big fuss about and just be angry silently in the background
And please keep swearing to yourself.....

I know you are not pleased with this aswell as i am NOT but reading the test patch forums I actualy saw this coming maybe you should follow that section....
But scawen i think its a real good idea to put the VWS in the test ptaches becaus we could also test for bugs in that car on massive scale.
I think this would help the game amd the VWS itself becomming bug free
Can we have the LX8 instead?

Quote from Renku :Can we have the LX8 instead?

lol, +1. Or at least 1 good update for Xmas.
"Unfortunately the Scirocco release had to be postponed due to unforeseen complications, however we are pleased to announce what we think is an adequate replacement; Ladies and gentlemen, we present you the Rally Pack!"

:rolleyes:
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, bummer, but it was kinda foreseeable with the amount of problems that appeared in the test patches. Glad you cleared up the situation as soon as it became apparent instead of trying for the best till Christmas and then disappointing everyone on the last day.

On the positive side, I very very much like what I hear regarding the VWS setup. This might finally become the first car that can be driven "as intended" instead of exploiting certain physics shortcomings. Considering how the car will most likely not be the most challenging to drive, it ought to provide great, close races!

Maybe there's a possibility to concentrate on the crash/graphics issues now and release 0.6A around Christmas without the Scirocco, followed with a quick 0.6B including the Scirocco in "early" 2009. The test patch content alone is already a nice upgrade, especially considering the drastic change that ABS will bring for some cars. At least I think this would be the overall better solution, because experience tells me the "early" 2009 could end up not being as early as many people would understand it using non-programmer speech

Totally agree, I especially like the setup part. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of perfecting setups. But this will make for much closer racing online, which I feel is a must!
Quote from RS1T :if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2. Also many users are from europe where VAT is a LOT less than in the UK...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product

Errrr. . . . . So if you went out and bought any game where do you think the money goes? Do you think all the over developers pay with magic pieces of gold? Ofcourse some of the money you are paying for a game (Whether complete or not) is going the pay the wages of the developers.

Anyway Scirocco: Shame its being delayed but lfs is the most stable game I know of and it is because of reasons like this. It will be all the better for the delay so can't complain.
Quote from Greboth :Errrr. . . . . So if you went out and bought any game where do you think the money goes? Do you think all the over developers pay with magic pieces of gold? Ofcourse some of the money you are paying for a game (Whether complete or not) is going the pay the wages of the developers.

Anyway Scirocco: Shame its being delayed but lfs is the most stable game I know of and it is because of reasons like this. It will be all the better for the delay so can't complain.

Totaly agreed

But i stil think the test ptaches should come with the Scirocco just to be sure its bug free but not make it compattible online
Quote from obsolum :This is exactly why the devs don't usually keep us updated on what they're working on. Some people's attitudes are absolutely disgusting.

Quote from ebola :This is the exact reason why the devs do not give an estimated release date. In a small test environment (usually Beta testers with decent PC's) things may seem to be going smoothly but when released there was problems (all the cheapskates with GeForce 4 and 5 series cards ). IMO better to release it later and polished rather than early and rushed. The reactions of some people in here are a bit pathetic to be honest.

Exactly my thoughts.

Scavier: Please surprise us with new content from time to time...

...no more announcments!
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG