The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
just hit the render button and can see i have no tire texture? where is it gone?
Quote from BastianB :just hit the render button and can see i have no tire texture? where is it gone?

take it from the files in the carviewer
Quote from --PoDo-- :take it from the files in the carviewer

damn, i could have knew that for myselfe :P

but thx
I'll be updating the rar file with the MAX scene, I found a couple of things I had missed out, like the start of the glass roof and the black area around the windscreen.

Here's the scene file and modefied windscreen texture. (dont put the tuxture in the cmx viewer, it'll mess up the windows.)
Attached files
Updated MAX scene and windscreen texture.rar - 359 KB - 561 views
Can someone convert that Volkswagen into .obj or .3ds?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm apparently becoming blind.
Quote from LineR32 :I've also added the fixed model in .3ds format.

Sorry but...can you post 3DS file without it being ruined by overlapping 8.3 dos texture filenames? It's useless as is.
Someone know where i can find the XFR 2008 version?
Here's a small donation for the 3d community. It's supposed to be highpoly version rims for the FXR. Use wisely.

Attached files
FXR15_by_mogster.rar - 696.4 KB - 403 views
Thanks for sharing. It looks amazing.
Oh shait! These are amazing!
Anyone have a working VWS scene in .max format?

The 2 attached above are seemingly lacking textures, it complains about 2 being missing (a FXO skin and a licence plate) in the first file, and the same 2 still missing plus a new VWS skin thrown into the mix. Both located in wildly different locations.
Clearly, of the files 3DSM says are missing, none are relevent to anyone here, and yet its not displaying the textures or saying their missing.

I've deleted out all my LFS source 'User paths', and then added the new viewer's dds folder, rendered to no success, deleted that path and moved onto the next location which might work, to ensure that the first variation it tries to use isnt the issue. Each version is identical, and very much flawed.
Infact, in the updated version the windows arent even transparent.

I could understand the issue if i was being told im missing textures, or i was the first person posting after it'd been added, but 2 people suggesting the first attept worked fine, with their renders backing it up, makes me a little confused.

Im not sure if the previous people modified the whole thing to include the tyres, or whats going on, but going by a couple of other peoples comments, i dont think im alone.
If i rename tyres.dss/.tga then it asks for it, so i know it wants it, however when i tell it to render without, it looks no different to the version when it has access to the file. Its simply refusing to use them.
Quote from PaulC2K :Anyone have a working VWS scene in .max format?

The 2 attached above are seemingly lacking textures, it complains about 2 being missing (a FXO skin and a licence plate) in the first file, and the same 2 still missing plus a new VWS skin thrown into the mix. Both located in wildly different locations.
Clearly, of the files 3DSM says are missing, none are relevent to anyone here, and yet its not displaying the textures or saying their missing.

I've deleted out all my LFS source 'User paths', and then added the new viewer's dds folder, rendered to no success, deleted that path and moved onto the next location which might work, to ensure that the first variation it tries to use isnt the issue. Each version is identical, and very much flawed.
Infact, in the updated version the windows arent even transparent.

I could understand the issue if i was being told im missing textures, or i was the first person posting after it'd been added, but 2 people suggesting the first attept worked fine, with their renders backing it up, makes me a little confused.

Im not sure if the previous people modified the whole thing to include the tyres, or whats going on, but going by a couple of other peoples comments, i dont think im alone.
If i rename tyres.dss/.tga then it asks for it, so i know it wants it, however when i tell it to render without, it looks no different to the version when it has access to the file. Its simply refusing to use them.

OMG LOOK I FOUND THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51645
I also have problems with the VWS scene. It doesn't seem to recognise the materials. In the material editor I give the address of the Interior1 file, but the result is still the same, check the pic attached. I have no idea, whatever I do, it still remains the same. :/ I used the updated scene of LineR btw.
Attached images
wtf.jpg
wtf1.jpg
it was the same for me,i had to fix them all,some part you can fix by just coloring the skin,like around the headlights,sunroof i had to cut it out,and give new material etc,but töki,didnt i give you the updated one?
Quote from e2mustang :it was the same for me,i had to fix them all,some part you can fix by just coloring the skin,like around the headlights,sunroof i had to cut it out,and give new material etc,but töki,didnt i give you the updated one?

You did, but Vista died few days later.
Use LiveCD then and copy files to other partition.
Any way to get the scenes workingfor 3DS Max 8 or 9? When I goto render it - I get a black screen with no render, where as if I choose another renderer it might render the car black but with a white background.
You need Brazil renderer for default scenes.
I've got Brazil :S

Edit - Then again I do get this eror box on opening 3DS Max 9
Attached images
untitled.JPG
You installed it in a wrong way.
check your pm's daniel
Ok I've followed the instructions and done as it sais, still get the error which I had before, below are screenshots of what I've done.

Image1 is my plugins/Brazil folder, I've drag and dropped everything within the plugins folder in the downloaded Brazil file, along with extras.
Image2 shows the sfmgr folder and highlighted is the exe file I run, and image 3 is what is shown when sfmgr.exe has been run. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but hopefully someone knows what problem is stopping brazil from running.

Regards,
-Daniel
Attached images
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg
Quote from Danielw597 :Ok I've followed the instructions and done as it sais, still get the error which I had before, below are screenshots of what I've done.

Image1 is my plugins/Brazil folder, I've drag and dropped everything within the plugins folder in the downloaded Brazil file, along with extras.
Image2 shows the sfmgr folder and highlighted is the exe file I run, and image 3 is what is shown when sfmgr.exe has been run. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but hopefully someone knows what problem is stopping brazil from running.

Regards,
-Daniel

Don't you see you're installing it for 2009? Okijuhans told it won't work with 2009 IIRC.
Yes MAX9 or olders, but preferably 9.
I think he mixed up and thinking that 3ds max 9 = 3ds max 2009

Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG