The online racing simulator
Stalking in LFS
(220 posts, closed, started )
im a laydeeeeeee!

Back on topic: I guess you will probably never get away from it in some cases, i.e. with young chaps on a random server who have never seen you before.

However, as has been said the moment soon wears off and I am pretty sure all of the racers on this forum wouldn't give you a hard time.

Unfortunately online there is always that initial 'ooh! its a gurl' factor.
When I start Uni, there was one girl on our course, and quite fit, she sat down, and just had this circle of blokes around her. I thought it was hilarious. I purposely sat down on the other side of the room to not add to the overwhelming.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I propose we organise an International Transvetite Racing Day, where we all race under female pseudonyms. I will be Susie Uzi.

Uber-awersome.
I;m sure some of it comes from the fact that they don't like being beaten by a girl!
@Thor: ANNABELLE!!!!!!!!!!

HORMON-O-METER [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]
to original poster... you know there is a "block messeges button". if he is bothering you so much you can pm scawen. so many "i'm a girl and i dont want so much attention" threads lately.
Quote :why dont u just rename to something different..? i know u shouldnt have to tho.

My LFS world name is "Becky Rose", excuse me for not knowing better when I bought the game. I also have my name on my car skins - which also should not be an issue, I dont get this problem in real racing. I get lots of helpful advise from guys who want to help the unknowledgeable lady to run within 20 seconds a lap of the pace ... but that soon dries up after the warmup / qualifying. ... I can't imagine why (I'm not the fastest racer around, but I hold my own).

Quote :you know there is a "block messeges button".

Let's have this discussion again: The problem isn't with young boys messaging me, I dont need an ignore message button to block that. What I need is a "Turn Shadow Attention Seeking Car Off" option, sometimes referred to as admin kick... ! . Seriously though, if the problem was just a few messages there wouldn't be much of a problem, what happens sometimes though - as happened last night - is I get a shadow car and this causes problems.

I pit and he pits, I spin off and he waits, I let him past and he slows up, I put my foot down and he chases me. In the case of last night I was trying GT cars out and wasnt really quick enough to run away, and could barely get a lap in without his interferance somewhere on track. In the last lap I did he intentionally wrecked me about 5 times whilst I tried to complete the race to get a grid slot for the next start.

All this is in addition to his unwanted attentions via chat.

Quote :so many "i'm a girl and i dont want so much attention" threads lately.

I made one previously that I referred too in this opening post, last time I took a humerous slant on it but last night my humour ran out. I made this post mostly to vent and to raise awareness of the issue, when things like this occur i'm often left dealing with it on my own - and that typically meens logging off.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I propose we organise an International Transvetite Racing Day, where we all race under female pseudonyms. I will be Susie Uzi.

If this day ever comes, watch out for °HoT Pantz

(But maybe I'll have to ask my wife before I rename myself ... :schwitz
I'll be humpbag of LFS

Nah, I'm keeping my name

The problem with this problem is, it's one of those problems with not much of a solution.
why dont u just say that you are a man and you are just using your wife's account or something? that might not work now with all of these threads though...
What if she'd like to receive messages from others? The block button doesn't help... What would help, is a bit of sweeping around licenses, I mean it's in the agreement! The Developers have the power, I'm not sure if they're willing to use it or not but I feel that we're being overrun by "people with special needs" because of publicity.
I always thought that LFS had a more mature community then this. Most games you'd expect this sort of junk, but I always saw the S2 License holders (not demo racers) as more of a mature crowd who grew out of the "OMGAGURL" many moons ago :/

Quote from HorsePower :(But maybe I'll have to ask my wife before I rename myself ... :schwitz

*whapish*
Quote from ArosaMike :
Just to lighten things up a bit though.....this thread is an ideal opportunity for this picture which made me laugh :P

Yes, i laughed at that pic myself, but it's not a joke, this is as true as it gets.

Ok, now to all women/girls, this is indeed how most men react. Acting cool and buff when face to face, mentally
undressing and 'male bonding' when she's not looking. Imo, the internet has unfortunately shown the real nature
of people and real life is often much faker since everyone puts on a mask trying to impress or not to be noticed.
I don't wanna scare off female gamers, but what you face online is actually un-filtered male hormones. They'd be
like that irl if they could. I doubt that will ever change. The only thing that can help is de-sensitizing (spelling...),
in other words, if there were more female gamers (or more 'coming out of the closet') then guys would get used
to it and wouldn't be so surprised to find a female in a male dominated arena.

Ironically, most females playing online games aren't of the slutty bimbo variety usually, so you find 13 year old boys
trying to pick up manly 40 year old women in an online game . Makes me think of most boys reaction to
lesbians, they don't see 2 middle-aged women with big thighs, matching short hair, cargo shorts and mustaches
driving around in a Jeep, for some reason all they see are 2 pretty 18 year olds making out and of course,
they think they have a chance...
Hey I said I wasn't pretty but that's pushig it too far ! lol ...
lol!
Quote from Becky Rose :and that typically meens logging off.

Or joining another server.

What you've described is unfortunate and obviously totally unwarranted. But looking aside the reasoning for it (i.e. sexism, harassment, etc), the effect on the track is no different from having some 'tard dicking around wrecking people or picking on someone just to annoy them. The solutions then are the same as the solutions for this:

a) bring their activities to the attention of the admin (if present)
b) start a vote to kick them after explaining to the other racers what the problem is
c) leave and join another server.

I'm sure there's literally countless numbers of times when we've all had our racing spoiled by some individual twat, but the effective, short term solution is to put it beneath you and move on to a different server where you get clean racing. Imho, starting a topic because one person spoilt your racing can be filed under "M" for "making mountains out of molehills".

If there was a group of people on the server that were teasing you, taunting you, harassing you, etc, for any reason then that would certainly be something to complain about and bring to the attention of the community. But to create this much attention as a result of one guy who (from what you've described) probably creams his pants if he so much as sees a girl walking down the street? Hmmm....
Quote from STROBE :But to create this much attention as a result of one guy who (from what you've described) probably creams his pants if he so much as sees a girl walking down the street? Hmmm....

You got a nice way of putting things to word...

And she said if she would change servers, he would follow, so your first suggestion isn't valid. And I don't know about you guys, but I never have been assaulted in this matter, especially not being followed to another server... So I think this IS a special situation, and should be talked about.
For **** sake, repetition time:

A) Admins are rarely ever on any server, admin online status is not shown (to my knowledge) on server logon, or even once on a server. Finding a combo one likes with an admin is nigh on impossible.
B) Voting isn't allowed on many combo's, and rightly so, because most LFS'ers think voting to kick a player is the same as pressing their "sorry" key bind.
C) This worked last night, but usually I get followed. It's not a solution, especially as the only other GT combo last night was Blackwood at which I suck totally (as your Itek team mate will testify).
Quote from Becky Rose :A) Admins are rarely ever on any server, admin online status is not shown (to my knowledge) on server logon, or even once on a server. Finding a combo one likes with an admin is nigh on impossible.

Thats not true. On almost every server of the well-known teams, there is at least one admin; especially, if its crowded.

And you can see, who is an admin, by looking at their team tag then.
Besides witch, if threads about overtaking, blue flags and T1 are allowed to be repeated during the forums history - why can't I have a rant when i've just got offline after being harassed?

My patience for your teams drivers is already at an all time low, historically too many little verbal snipes here and there and it hasnt gone unnoticed, so dont push it. If I was in a good mood to start with i'd let it ride, but blow me an elephant what do you know? I'm a little narked to begin with...

Maybe I should just take behaviour like this on the chin... Or maybe I should raise awareness so next time something like this happens other racers actually understand what is happening and can vote/act accordingly.

Have you ever seen a legitimate kick vote pass in LFS? Have admins ever made a quick decision without studying replays? When you get something like this happening which is so out of the ordinary will other players actually understand it just from what they've seen on chat? Will they vote in a manner their morals would comply with if they did understand what they saw?

Awareness is a critical hurdle to overcome, everything that gets changed in the world first has awareness of the issue raised in profile... Whether it be a law, or a fashion statement - without awareness things stay the same.
Quote from Becky Rose :
at which I suck totally (as your Itek team mate will testify).

i wouldn't go saying that becky or youll have em all following you

still look on bright side if they all follow you then your guarenteed to finish first

seriously though i really h8 idiots like this as online gaming is one sport where males and females, thin and fat, young and old, abled and disabled can compete equally.
That's one of the reasons I like real racing - because it is one of the few very genuinely gender equal sports where I can compete with men without any advantages being attributed to gender.

This will always be the case for as long as motor racing doesnt include reverse parking.
Becky, I think all of us have met idiots on track douzens of times, too. Don't you think that you encourage those people by your I'm-a-girl-and-feel-discriminated-threads to find it even more funny to bother especially you? Sorry, but I've the feeling that you actually like this role and to discuss it again and again...

(I didn't read the whole thread but the first post only, sorry if something similar has been mentioned before already)
Quote from tinvek :i wouldn't go saying that becky or youll have em all following you

still look on bright side if they all follow you then your guarenteed to finish first

seriously though i really h8 idiots like this as online gaming is one sport where males and females, thin and fat, young and old, abled and disabled can compete equally.

Indeed, when I played 1nsane online one guy (Quickie) was paralised, and could only use his head and one arm, and was amazing at he game. He beat most of the abiled bodied people.

Quote from Becky Rose :This will always be the case for as long as motor racing doesnt include reverse parking.

I lol'd at that.
OT alert

Quote :Indeed, when I played 1nsane online one guy (Quickie) was paralised, and could only use his head and one arm, and was amazing at he game. He beat most of the abiled bodied people.

Psycho wat was your nick on 1nsane. They are still playing on Gamespy every night.

For anyone interested in Quickie this page provides full details.

And yes he does indeed kick arse at 1nsane

Sorry for OT
That is quite amazing, especially because I played 1nsane for about a week, was brutally bad at it, and sold it to my friend. I can't even imagine how much practice and detirmination that would take for him.
This thread is closed

Stalking in LFS
(220 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG