The online racing simulator
Last race, but didn't feel like it at all. P1 was dead pretty much since 2008-09 and the best class GT remains in the new series too. So what exactly changes?
Quote from deggis :Last race, but didn't feel like it at all. P1 was dead pretty much since 2008-09 and the best class GT remains in the new series too. So what exactly changes?

a few more cars on the grid
Quote from deggis :Last race, but didn't feel like it at all. P1 was dead pretty much since 2008-09 and the best class GT remains in the new series too. So what exactly changes?

NASCAR family involved from now on...
Quote from TFalke55 :NASCAR family involved from now on...

Considering how retardedlly ALMS already handles full course yellows, I'm not too worried.

And actually it just comes a full circle. Bill France co-founded the original IMSA and was involved until the 80s. :rolleyes:

Quote from Christopher Raemisch :a few more cars on the grid

Infact too many. Now they have to use grid caps. Too stubborn to drop to original grid filler classes (LMPC and GTC).
It breed competition to have to fight to enter into a series.
2014 DPs will actually be more expensive to buy and run than P2 ^^ Interesting
Wow, that's a hard one... it sounds like a V6 but at the same time sounds like a 4cylinder.. really bizarre..
Are they able to only use some of the cylinders at times, like in F1 ?
It supposedly has an exhaust heat ERS (the other ERS being on the front axle), that might further muffle the sound.
Quote from Bean0 :Are they able to only use some of the cylinders at times, like in F1 ?

They probably are, although it's on corner entry where it sounds more like a 6 cylinder, but on corner exit it sounds like a 4, and in the case of cylinder shut down, you'd want all of the cylinders on exit I suppose.
Quote from BlueFlame :Wow, that's a hard one... sounds like a V6 but at the same time sounds like a 4cylinder.. really bizarre..

someone on youtube suggested a turbo V4, this does indeed share a bit of the raspyness
Ford V4 in a Sonett

or this VFR?

edit: ok, according to this site, or at least the little quiz on the right it is a Turbo V4. Unusual choice.
I don't even know why you're discussing whether it's a V4T or V6...

I called this shit a few months ago being an i4T, by the new P regs it's surely the best choice.

Apart from ferry engines such as Diesel or Electric.
I hope it won't be I4 just to see your face in this thread.

:rolleyes:
Unless its some kind of exhaust reverb, I can't see it being a i4 tbh. It just doesn't sound like it.
Quote from Dennis93 :I called this shit a few months ago being an i4T [...]

Apart from ferry engines such as Diesel or Electric.

you sure got a little arrogant since you started racing your truck engined bedframe :rolleyes:

I dunno what favours a V4 will have for Porsche, apart from a little packaging and the grocery-getter-stigma a inline-4 would come with

Maybe they use a hotside-inside layout like Audi, keeping all the hot stuff up and away from hybrid stuff left and right of the engine.
Didn't you hear about Porsche's new 4 cylinder masterpiece?? they call it the Pors... Volkswagen 911

Westbrook's and Barbosa's cars after going airbone. Both cars suffered a rear right puncture. After the tyre exploded, they went airbone. Barbosa is uninjured, Westbrook was released from hospital.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/t ... at-i-walked-away-from-it/
Quote from ACCAkut :...

Maybe they use a hotside-inside layout like Audi, keeping all the hot stuff up and away from hybrid stuff left and right of the engine.

Sure, they might use it as an excuse to use 4wd as well
not sure why you think they need an excuse to run 4WD given they actually say the front is driven electrically like the 918 or the hybrid 911 that ran at the ring and they used 4wd at le mans in 1986 in the 961
Completely regardless of official confirmations (which they have done), you can bet all manufacturer cars will be 4WD from now on, since the regs allow two ERS systems and the 120km/h limit has been omitted.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG