The online racing simulator
In that picture were we can see DP and LMPs, I have to say that DP really looks shit
Did I dream or was the DW really leading?
wat? DW = Deltawing?

and what race?
Quote from ACCAkut :wat? DW = Deltawing?

and what race?

DW = DeltaWing
Race = ALMS at Road America
It was able to finish the race this time. The race never really had long green runs (I think 45m to 1h max) so the DW never went a lap down. It also used pit strategy to grab the lead a couple times.
It got the lead from changing to slicks earlier than the rest iirc
Quote :Anderson and team co-owner Markus Fux

I assumed that with the last name Fux, it had to be a joke.
It's really old news actually, don't know how Autosport is so far behind.

At least I've known for a few months.
Quote from Rappa Z :I assumed that with the last name Fux, it had to be a joke.

Would've been better if his first name was Howie
I'm going to wager the reason she's in this venture is because she has copious amounts of money.
could be a boxer-4 from the sound. There is something enginelike on the test stand at 0:28, looks too short for a inline 4, more like half a boxer (but could be a one-cylinder test apparatus)
Quote from ACCAkut :could be a boxer-4 from the sound. There is something enginelike on the test stand at 0:28, looks too short for a inline 4, more like half a boxer (but could be a one-cylinder test apparatus)

Well the engine they'll use will almost certainly be a flat6. If not, then probably a V6

What's on the test bed there actually looks more like an oil/sump unit rather than an engine block though.
read somewhere (Sportauto?) that Porsche will run a turbo-4, no further info on the configuration tho. Going the inline route would (ignoring the 924, 944 etc.) be quite un-Porsche, and too similar to Audi and Volkwagen.

@ BlueFlame: you're probably right with the thingy on the test bed
Well on the video it sounded more like a flat-6 to me, but the video could easily have been dubbed or such. Would be a shame for them to use 4 cylinders in some respects.
If only it was a Flat 6 N/A.
Mulsannescormer's author thinks it is I4 because of the single exhaust arrangement.

Quote :From these images and video we now get our first glimpes of the rear of the car. Not much to see, that Dazzleship paint scheme still counfounds to an extent. But I did note what appears to be a single exhaust exit. I also note that it isn't on car centerline. That could to speak towards an inline engine arrangement, with the exhaust being justified to one side of the car CL (if it were a V or flat config you'd have some expectations of a 2 to 1 and everything meeting in the middle). Yes, you can "force" the exhaust to go wherever you like I suppose. But given a turbo wants to be as close to the exhaust as possible and then you want that to plumb the turbo exhaust out of the car as well, it starts to make some sense we're looking at a I-4 turbo for the Porsche LMP1 motor.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjuly13.html
They can just modify the Polo WRC motor then.
sounds pretty smooth and highly boosted in the first vid, and quite different to a current WRC. And not that much like a inline-4 .. confused

edit: that line about the single exhaust hinting a inline engine makes not much sense on a turbo car imo
Definately a 4cylinder though

Sounds like a flat4 to me though.
Subaru be mad.

You would think if porsche wants road relevency they will go Flat 6.
I4 Turbo \o/ Porsche moving to F1 1!!!11!!!!1oneoneoelleven.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG