The online racing simulator
Quote from MoMo92i :I predict that a clio cup will win this race ^^

I think winner team builds their car themselves, not boughts it some kind of factory.
Hum not really sure about that.

Btw new qualifying system in WEC :

2 drivers
2 laps each
Average lap of the 4 laps to make the grid
Going to be quite a complicate one :o

Maximum number of tyres for a race week end for LMP2 and LM GTE AM. Sorry Larbre Competition you will not win Le Mans next year by changing tyres on each pit stop
Quote from MoMo92i :Hum not really sure about that.

Btw new qualifying system in WEC :

2 drivers
2 laps each
Average lap of the 4 laps to make the grid
Going to be quite a complicate one :o

Maximum number of tyres for a race week end for LMP2 and LM GTE AM. Sorry Larbre Competition you will not win Le Mans next year by changing tyres on each pit stop

I like the qualifying system. Will it also be used for LeMans? Will it be like in A1GP that you can do these laps anytime in a defined time frame or will it be one car after another? Or will it be the best two laps of the two drivers making the best average?

Ok, it is already complicated to think of all these combinations. But it is good that it s a qualifying system which bases on the team's performance, not on a single driver's one.
It will be probably not be used at Le Mans. At Le Mans practise sessions used to be qualifying as well and to be honest I doubt it will change because nobody exept Peugeot did care about where they were they start as it will have some really small influence on the position you get 24 hours later.

Le Mans is a special event. For my point of view it shouldn't be in the WEC and be an extra race. Furthermore Le Mans in the WEC biased this race because every cars in the WEC is starting at Le Mans which cause some teams that are already well established in endurance races not to start because there is no room left in the grid. Some new teams are allowed to race there because they do WEC but have never race in any LMS/ALMS/WEC event before 2013, so basically aren't worth racing in la Sarthe.

This system was decided today and I haven't find exaclty how it will work. That might be a bit complicated to understand but it will make some interesting grid in LM GTE AM and LMP2 as line up are PRO/AM there. Well you have one BRONZE in LMP2 & GTE AM, what would really be good is that this driver had to qualify the car.
Quote from MoMo92i :It will be probably not be used at Le Mans.

FIA WMSC makes no mention of LM at all, and since LM is a WEC event, it will probably be used.

Quote :At Le Mans practise sessions used to be qualifying as well and to be honest I doubt it will change because nobody exept Peugeot did care about where they were they start as it will have some really small influence on the position you get 24 hours later.

Quite the opposite, it's the only one that actually matters (only in PR sense, but still). So this is going to ruin it now.
This year even if LM was a WEC event it didn't have the same qualifying procedure. From Spa round WEC got a new qualifying procedure : one driver, no pit stop and qualifying driver starting the race with the set of tyres used in qualify.

In the team manager briefing Gerard Neveu stated that Le Mans was considered as a special event even if its in WEC and it has his own sporting regulation that differ slighty from those used in WEC. Furthermore he added that Le Mans wasn't a round of Wec but a race where WEC is part of it. In fact Le Mans will always stay Le Mans, wec inside or no.

And yes exact marketing department of Pug no one did care of Pole in Le Mans. Everyone using qualifying to set the car for the race and that apply for every team. Some constructor (Porsche) did even say its team not to be too quick in qualifying (which wasn't hard this year)
Quote from MoMo92i :This year even if LM was a WEC event it didn't have the same qualifying procedure. From Spa round WEC got a new qualifying procedure : one driver, no pit stop and qualifying driver starting the race with the set of tyres used in qualify.

Actually fair point...

Quote :And yes exact marketing department of Pug no one did care of Pole in Le Mans. Everyone using qualifying to set the car for the race and that apply for every team. Some constructor (Porsche) did even say its team not to be too quick in qualifying (which wasn't hard this year)

Of course not all the time, but mainly during the night sessions and particularly the thursday one, when most of the race setup programs are finished. Usually Audi didn't care as much because they usually couldn't match the outright pace at all. That obviously changed with the R18 and in 2011 they also took the pole (incase you forgot). If you're basically saying even this year Audi would have happily handed the pole to Toyota, please cut the crap... :rolleyes: It's also more about guaranteeing leading on the first lap, than the pole's extremely small effect on the race result. Other classes you can leave out of this, it's only about the overall pole.
Quote from Cornys :Grand-am testing responces at CoTA

On the up and up .

Not sure if you wanted to add this all or not seeing that the Rolex 24H at Daytona was included

http://www.grand-am.com/ScheduleResults/Rolex.aspx

Not sure what's in there that I already didn't know about CoTA (and it's responses btw). Though it will be cool to see ALMS/Grand-Am at a grade 1 track with a proper pit lane for a change

The list was originally just ACO rules series, with added special endurance events - I don't really care about a series which races at Kansas' road course.
-
(Cornys) DELETED by Cornys : nm
The Kansas road course is probably the most pointless roval that I've ever seen.
Quote from Cornys :The Kansas road course is probably the most pointless roval that I've ever seen.

what about iowa road course
Quote from Cornys :Well, it's up there . Both utterly pointless though.

Pointless for professional racing yes, but very useful for track days and SCCA. Track days on an oval = no go
Referring to Motorsport-Total.com, LMP2 will be put into one class with DPs for two years. The DPs will get more aerodynamical freedom and more engine power to even them. Also LMP2s must use steel breaks. From 2016 LMP2 are no longer allowed. Grand Am also seeks to even GTEs and their own GT. This idea does not get much love it seems though, since the manufacturers would need to modify their cars to special specifications. MST bases these news on "sport auto" researches. No names were given but it was reported to be information from high ranked Grand Am officials.

http://www.motorsport-total.co ... LMP2_und_DP_12122202.html
Ok so even less american team in Le Mans...briliant!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Would be a great track for a 12 or 24hr race, tbh.

Yea I agree, maybe theyll up it for the merger after they run it this year
Clint Bowyer driving a Ferrari
Piquet Jr in a DP.
Tony Kanaan and Rubens driving a Porsche.
Michael Waltrip in that same Ferrari (good luck to the field. )
Antonio Garcia and Oli Gavin in DP.
Jan Magnussen and Tom Milner to drive a Camaro.
Max Papis in a Ferrari.
Paul Tracy in DP (At least one yellow for him).
Eric Foss (Sim races a bit).

Interesting lineups. Definitely going for the #2 Starworks entry in DP. GT I have no idea yet.
Clearly says Corvette DP?

In other news, RLM reporting on Twitter that DP's will be racing at Le Mans as early as 2014. Also supposedly a big name to be added to DP this month.
Nah Phil I meant that the line up is similar to Peugeot's one

Well actually merging LMP2 class and DP into one single class isn't such a bad idea. 2014 will be an entertaining racing year New LMP1, new LMP2, new GT (?), new engine in F1, Citroën & Renault in WTCC with new regulations. 2013 you are useless

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG