The online racing simulator
so what? it does look pretty badass for a mazda.. it cant be competitive if it is fwd...
ill-informed fanboys think it's rotary powered. haha
Current merger talk going on here at Daytona. Bob Varsha, and one from Grand-Am and one from ALMS. So far 10-12 races is the goal. Rolex and Sebring to start, and hopefully Petit to finish the season.
Quote from BlueFlame :ill-informed fanboys think it's rotary powered. haha

How could it be, since the most ill-informed still want to believe rotary was banned in every single category about two minutes after Le Mans 1991 finish and that this ban is still in effect.

who in the **** would bother doing a DIESEL ROTARY? what?
Quote from el pibe :who in the **** would bother doing a DIESEL

fixed...Diesel in motorsport =
Quote from deggis :since the most ill-informed still want to believe rotary was banned in every single category about two minutes after Le Mans 1991 finish and that this ban is still in effect.

Yea, because for unknown reasons they believe rotary engines to be superior...
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, because for unknown reasons they believe rotary engines to be superior...

Well actually it is kind of quite clever but still a long way to go to get it mature ^^ tho some modern engineering should probably manage a big car maker to solve those problems but they are ppl are more focusing on electrical cars.
Quote from MoMo92i :Well actually it is kind of quite clever

So's a piston engine or a radial.

It's just another way of using a combustion chamber.
Yes but instead of having only 1 combustion in 2 rotation you got 6 which makes your engine quite smaller. The Mazda 787B is probably the car that won Le Mans with the smallest engine. (that mean lighter as well).
Important thing to note about the 787/787B are the 20 races it didn't win from the 21 races it entered. This includes a full season of WPSC, with extremely moderate results besides the somewhat lucky Le Mans win and four of the races being after the win.
True ^^ But actually Le Mans is the only race that counts, isn't it? In 2011 Audi won "only" Le Mans as well (but what a win !).

It wasn't the car of the year for sure but need to bear in mind that Mazdaspeed wasn't Mercedes , nor Jaguar or Peugeot. The car was prepared by Oreca which was at that stage of its history not what they are now. Anyway no factory team have any interest into that technology as it is considered as to much petrol consumer. Only Citroën tried to develop it seriously and that has almost cost them to bankrupt. But still Wankel engine aren't completely wrong. Only a lack of interest from industry that leads to know development for motorsport.
Quote from momo92i :true ^^ but actually le mans is the only race that counts, isn't it?

no.
Am I the only one remembering when Group C died off and the fallout from that and relating it to the current situation?

Here's hoping for Dauer levels of ingenuity from somebody at Le Mans
Quote from MoMo92i :True ^^ But actually Le Mans is the only race that counts, isn't it? In 2011 Audi won "only" Le Mans as well (but what a win !).

Probably was still the most important race of the year, but World Championship back then mattered a lot more than any ACO-series since. And my point was that 787/787B didn't show consistency before or after their win and even in that race it didn't show any kind of domination (that's what rotary fans want to believe, along with the whole fabricated ban myth).
Quote from deggis :Probably was still the most important race of the year, but World Championship back then mattered a lot more than any ACO-series since. And my point was that 787/787B didn't show consistency before or after their win and even in that race it didn't show any kind of domination (that's what rotary fans want to believe, along with the whole fabricated ban myth).

I think the real miracle is that the engine itself stood up to the test of 24h non stop.
Well what is true is that this engine doesn't show domination and today there is no ban for rotary engine. But as I said it was Mazda that develop it. No offence to Mazda but it wasn't (and still not is) one of the biggest factory. That's like saying petrol engine are 6s slower than diesel engine in le Mans. Even if petrol engine were more restricted than diesel engine, you can't compare Rebellion Racing which is a privateer with Audi which is a factory.
Took about 800 pictures at the track, been going through them little by little since I got home. If anyone wants a picture of a certain car let me know and I'll send you any I have unchanged (6021x4000) so you can do whatever you want with it.

Edit: Youtube Video (1080p), and yes, epic DOF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... on5g&feature=youtu.be
Attached images
3wide.png
Audi_3.png
CorvetteDP.png
13 RUM BUM if you have it.
Grass is epic boothy.

Nah it was my first time shooting video, and having no stand sucked. Didnt prepare for video at all so that is why it focused all the wrong. Camera is a D3200 with 55-300 lens.

And yeah blueflame I got many, will PM you with them once I get back home.
You may PM me just some good shots, wallpaper material. No matter what car(s).

Thanks
Quote from PMD9409 :
And yeah blueflame I got many, will PM you with them once I get back home.

Sweet, thanks.
Didn't know r8's were running. Totally skipped over it on the entries list, but a mp4-12 or 2 would look great in there.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Didn't know r8's were running. Totally skipped over it on the entries list, but a mp4-12 or 2 would look great in there.

There is some rumours about Mercedes entering a Grand-Am restricted GT3 next year as there rumours about Grand-Am wanting more GT3 converts

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG