The online racing simulator
This is supposedly Ferrari's LMP1 car:

That's definitely not a P1, or at least not a legal one. It is LaFerrari with a rear wing and mockups in a camo livery. And with a turbo engine.

I'm not even sure this has anything to do with racing or the F1 V6 engine either, could be just FXX-like track only special of the LaFerrari.
Nissan doing what Nissan does best: PR full of BS.
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
wanted to watch the race today, but after one hour the stream just stopped and a schedule for the next appeared

about Nissan joining WEC: Well, when one japanese manufacturer joins a series a second will often follow. I'm rather curious on what technology Nissan will use.

Is Mazda still evaluating WEC? I know the rotary development was canned altogether, but their Skyactive engine technology could be showcased here as well.
petrol-hybrid for Nissan
If Mazda came in with a Rotory Hybrid that would be godly
Quote from MoMo92i :petrol-hybrid for Nissan

yeah, but what engine configuration? N/A V8 like Toyota, or V6, or smaller turbo V6, or Deltawing-like turbo inline-4? And what sort of Hybrid system. I'm just a sucker for race car tech

Quote from Mustafur :If Mazda came in with a Rotory Hybrid that would be godly

Apparently I was wrong with Mazda canning the wankel: article
Didn't Mazda experiment with Hydrogen burning Wankels for some time, and even offer a Mazda 6 model with on on thier home market? Hydrogen, by burning much faster and cleaner than petrol, could work quite well in a wankel ...
Wankels, known for their excellent fuel consumption... oh wait. Remember how the 2014 regs have been set.
Wankels are great and rather fuel efficient within a rather small power band, that why they still get used for aircraft and generators. Mazda could keep one onboard running say a steady 8k rpm coupled to a generator, feeding full electric motors :twirl: (would this be allowed? Don't know the regs that well)
Quote from ACCAkut :(would this be allowed? Don't know the regs that well)

I don't understand the regs enough either but I think this is something what Nissan plans to lobby considering what the ZEOD most likely will have. Legal or not, but whether such is competitive is another matter.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG