The online racing simulator
Quote from Mustafur :Subaru be mad.

You would think if Porsche wants road relevancy they will go Flat 6.

Yea but we all know road relevance is bollocks at the end of the day.

Road relevance discussion always make me mad because there's only one real reason manufacturers GO racing, and that's to be faster than the other manufacturers because to the punters : faster = better.

You don't make a car to go racing and make it a #1 priority for it to be road relevant. The priority is to win and if it can be done using similar tech that you have on your road car then so be it.

If they really cared about road relevance, then in theory results wouldn't matter. All that would matter would be showcasing their road relevance.

Then you've got F1. Constantly trying to MAKE it road relevant. The only thing similar between an F1 car and a road car is that they have 4 wheels and even then the dimensions of the wheels and tyres are about as far apart as it will ever get.
BlueFlame has some weird opinions sometimes :rolleyes: but here I agree 100%. Repeating "road relevancy" in a blatant press release after a race is just part of the marketing. I'm especially sick of the way Audi keeps doing it, e.g. giving these horrible names to their race cars only in the name of marketing ("e-tron quattro", lol).
Listen more carefully, it can't be.
Quote from MoMo92i :Nah only a turbo engine

Quote from deggis :Listen more carefully, it can't be.

Sorry. First assumptions just misled me - the engine sounded so quiet that I jumped to conclusions about it being a diesel.
Well I just saw most bizzarre situation in racing ever - wheel of Audi R18 came off, but bumped back on rear wheel deck...
The V8SC one has been surpassed me thinks.
Quote from Dennis93 :I4 Turbo \o/ Porsche moving to F1 1!!!11!!!!1oneoneoelleven.

Must I remind people..
Quote from Dennis93 :Must I remind people..

NO WAY. Porsche is heading to WRC...

In other words...
Why the hell are you posting in this thread if you don't care?

Bumpity.

This looks.... I don't want to comment.

Hang on a minute all you faggots were jerking yourselves to the Delta Wing a year or so ago. What's with the weak personalities in this world?
Quote from BlueFlame :Hang on a minute all you faggots were jerking yourselves to the Delta Wing a year or so ago. What's with the weak personalities in this world?

Who all?
Quote from BlueFlame :Hang on a minute all you faggots were jerking yourselves to the Delta Wing a year or so ago. What's with the weak personalities in this world?

Quote from deggis :Who all?

Yes who??
yes it looks even weirder than the open cockpit one, but it works
The steep angled front screen is down to the regs, and those mirror stems are just necessary.
It works?!

Quote from TypeRacing :In general terms it works. It works so well, that it can even win races - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109244

Lets not forget that winning in ALMS P1 right now doesn't really require that much with some luck. Finishing 3rd is same as finishing last in class.

Right now it is running pretty much in LMP2 pace, which was the goal of the original DeltaWing, good for next year as P2-DP becomes the top class...
DeltaWing works, it shows you can have bicycle tyres at the front of the car and still have the abilty be competive in a Prototype le mans race, and by doing so it allows its self to have a really thin front profile which drasticly reduces drag and increases the top speed massively to the point you barely need any power to acheive competitve top speed, not to mention by having such a thin front end you can acheive insane front lightness by using super light wheels and suspention componients.

It might look gimicky but there is more to it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG