The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :You're right, no V8 restriction. I forgot completely about the Viper already running in GTE:

This waiver made the 5.5 displacement limit completely irrelevant rule. Corvette probably wasn't too happy since prevously it had to drop its bigger V8 block due this rule...

I'm not a huge believer in the road-race car technology transfer marketing bullcrap, but I don't like that new BMW uses V8 unlike its road car versions. GTE is much more relaxed in this sense than the old GT2 was.
Well Road relevance makes sense for GT cars but on the other hand, it makes no sense at all, when involved with F1
Quote from deggis :I'm not a huge believer in the road-race car technology transfer marketing bullcrap

at least for Audi it worked like this for some time. Quattro, TFSI, high powered TDI and stuff where first used on racecars. And a lot of stuff one can't see (COP, and iirc some new casting techniques used first on their V12 TDIs that are now standard)
Quote from ACCAkut :at least for Audi it worked like this for some time. Quattro, TFSI, high powered TDI and stuff where first used on racecars. And a lot of stuff one can't see (COP, and iirc some new casting techniques used first on their V12 TDIs that are now standard)

Still quite small and rare things, especially the stuff you can't see. Often it's probably more like a byproduct than goal. All of this can simply questioned by asking how it is even makes sense that there is direct tech transfer considering that driving to the nearest supermarket has nothing in common with driving as fast as possible on a race track.

Manufacturers race to sell more cars, maintaining this road relevancy crap itself is part of the marketing. I'm cynical.

Ouch.

HI HEUHAUEUHAE

bcuz caps
it looks fukd
Awesome Grand Am race with some really questionable penalties.

Looks like COTA produces good races no matter which cars are doing the racing.
Yeah! Really love this track! Have adding it to the place to go list
Wathing the Grand-Am race on replay now I'm only 1 hour in and it's been pretty exciting
The huge Deltawing text is basically saying "SPONSORS PLS".
And chrome paint is very good as well. Keeps car very visible, so you won't miss it if you are passing it.
David Brabham for both Sebring 12 Hour and Petit Le Mans in Road America.

Quote from 4d01f :And chrome paint is very good as well. Keeps car very visible, so you won't miss it if you are passing it.

nah, its even more distracting than the old stealth bomber livery, its like a driving mirror now. Something like this may be nice:

Quote from Mustafur :Kinda retarded that they are going up Against Nissan with basically the same engines.

can't make out a direct V8/VK reference in that article. IMO a V6/VQ variant may be possible too. nut I wonder how they want to finance that program , Renault is not that good atm
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105871
Quote :The deal is likely to include Alpine branding replacing the badges of Renault sister marque Nissan on the V8 engine in team's ORECA 03 chassis.

If true and then not even a promise of P1 ambitions: meh, another anti-climax after the Nissan deal... and even that is almost better, at least they're doing something instead of just <beep> rebranding.

Here is another article with same rumor(s): http://auto-racing.speedtv.com ... sed-for-prototype-return/

Racecar Engineering's is clearly the most wishful (I hate the way the writer Sam Collins sometimes writes his wishes like they were set in stone... and usually I'm quite optimistic).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG