The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :Completely different series, but ALMS broadcast, it was just stated that GTE will not be changed for the merger.

It's a Grand-Am/NASCAR buyout, never forget.

Makes sense given GTE has the most amount of American teams at Le Mans of any of the classes.
#50 Corvette excluded (again)....
Waiting for stewards decision #25 to show up so we know why it was excluded...
ride height Mister jack made my day again ^^
they could have made a P1/P2 class... but audi/porsche would not have liked that.
Quote from el pibe :they could have made a P1/P2 class... but audi/porsche would not have liked that.

Well... who knows what the VW internal disputes led to.
Holy shit that Bentley looks hot.
I wonder what engine (most likely a V8 like everyone else) they'll put on it...
Quote from Senninha25 :I wonder what engine (most likely a V8 like everyone else) they'll put on it...

I hope not, would be epic to have the W12 in there but that probably will never happen due to some regs I'm not aware of.
Quote :It's possible McLaren will undertake a several-race trial run for 2013 before a full-season introduction for 2014,and the potential,however small,exists the GTE version could run at next year's 24 Hours of Le Mans.

“We will be developing the GTE next year. Most of the design work is done and the engine is in development,” said Andrew Bailey,the new McLaren GT operations director. “We may do some races at the end of next year; we are still at the stage where we are weighing up our options.”

“Certainly we won't be there [at Le Mans] with customers,but we might be there as a development project,” said McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh.

http://app.racer.com/mobile/pa ... =128&articleid=261105
Epic news !
Quote from el pibe :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102870

bentley back to LMS... with a ****ing continental gt? are you kidding me? that thing as heavy as an aircraft carrier...

take out the 4WD system, take out the 5 cows used for the leather, wrap it with some very thin Carbon Fibre (body panel strength is almost irrelevant in GT3 cars), it can be down to a very reasonable 1250 or so KG.

Cars will be performance balanced anyway.

I can't wait to skin one of these.
Quote from BlueFlame :I hope not, would be epic to have the W12 in there but that probably will never happen due to some regs I'm not aware of.

Apparently the Gloss Black emblem means there's a W12 lurking under the hood and it so happens that the racer has the emblem as well. It's all speculation at this point though.
would be pretty surprised if they use the W12, as its a pretty "old" design now. The new 4.0 V8 turbo (based on the RS6 V10 twinturbo iirc) is a more likely candidate. And its the engine that replaces the W12 in the road going Continental.

There is only one W12 (from VW) in racing, in a Ultima-like Kit Car in the Netherlands, can't remember the name tho.

With all those GT3 manufactures, start a damn real GT World Cup :headbang:
Quote from ACCAkut : The new 4.0 V8 turbo (based on the RS6 V10 twinturbo iirc) is a more likely candidate. And its the engine that replaces the W12 in the road going Continental.

The W12 hasn't been discontinued. It still sells alongside the 4L V8 aswell.
potential engine power is pretty much not relevant as well since all cars have to run a restrictor, none of them are being ran to the max, what counts is more about reliability, and oh the sound it makes too.
Quote from JJ72 :potential engine power is pretty much not relevant as well since all cars have to run a restrictor, none of them are being ran to the max, what counts is more about reliability, and oh the sound it makes too.

This...GT3 class
Quote from JJ72 :potential engine power is pretty much not relevant as well since all cars have to run a restrictor, none of them are being ran to the max, what counts is more about reliability, and oh the sound it makes too.

yeah, I was thinking about it. For the power it can produce, the W12 is a very compact engine, only ~513mm long compared to the ~685mm of the Audi V10, combined with the deletion of the front axles and a race gearbox this could help making a good weight distribution.

edit: restrictors and power outputs vary a lot, the Camaro makes almost 800hp, but weights as much as a tractor and corners like one

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG