The online racing simulator
The #51 AF Corse Ferrari crashed in the Porsche curves.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Hey Mike are you still up

Dude I don't know WTF I was doing up at that hour. I'm supposed to have stayed up late Thursday and Friday nights for the race, started way too early.

Sorry for off-topic, back to qualifying.
Quote from PMD9409 :Sorry for off-topic, back to qualifying.

If it was qualifying already That starts in 2h 20min.
Can't make posts late at night/early morning before bed - Check
Can't make posts when first waking up from bed - Check

This is what happens when you just click streams instead of reading the schedule. At least I know when to watch now, thanks.
but it did show (and hopefully continues to show) the no-commentary no-ads stream from the Eurosport Player.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Toyotas 8 seconds off the Audis :S

The #8 blew its qualifying engine in the practice session. They won't attack. The true performance is shown by the #7, which is currently 2nd, 6tenth behind the #2 Audi e-Tron
Referring to the German commentators, #8 Toyota has again troubles with their engine. They are currently talking to race control to be allowed to get a 3rd engine. Only two are allowed as per the rules. They would accept a grid penalty, F1 style, they say.
The big question stays - will Nick Heidfield shave for the race day? Would cut off like a second of his pace.
Seeing the Toyota sat there in second, is really making me miss the 908s..could have had a 3 way battle at the front, would have been so great
Quote from TFalke55 :Referring to the German commentators, #8 Toyota has again troubles with their engine. They are currently talking to race control to be allowed to get a 3rd engine. Only two are allowed as per the rules. They would accept a grid penalty, F1 style, they say.

Quote from boothy :3/ The use of a third engine by a competitor results
automatically in the application of the following penalty:
the competitor will start the race from the pit lane exit behind
all the other cars, once they have completed one lap, and
under the control of the Clerk of the course who will give him
the signal to access the track.

That answers the question.
in addition:
Quote :4/ In the case of an accident or in the case of “force majeure”
recognised as such by the Panel of Stewards (the onus of proof
being on the competitor), these penalties may not be applied
or partly applied.

LMP1 #3 Audi
LMP1 privateer #17 Dome
LMP2 #24 Morgan (I couldn't say something else)
LMGTE-Pro #74 Corvette
LMGTE-Am #67 Porsche

When I see how faster are the GTs and LMP2, I can't believe Audi is that "slow". Toyota probably not for this year, let's see tomorrow if they can do as good as Peugeot in 2007.

LMP2 is full of gentlemen drivers and young talent that are not for Le Mans, as the class is close, definitely #24 as they have big experience. Just worrying about PKM shock absorbers to do 24hrs as they failed last year and this year at Spa.

GT class is awesome, but Porsche might not have shown their best as Patrick Pilet have setted a faster lap with 2011 car. Ferrari's and Aston can't do 24 hours without problems like last year. Corvette should get this one as they have reliability and speed for it. Let's see what drivers do.

In Am it is completely different. 99 has the best line up but Aston...I see no strong Ferrari with a full fast line up. #75 have a fadt driver with Edwards but Al Faisal struggle with night and darkness. #79 has aswell a fantastic line up with Pilet and Pumpelly both under 4.00 but Neiman is slower and Flying and LM :s 67 have a good line up and a good experience of this race. Should be quite a close and entertaining class as LMP2 is.
2014 regulations revealed: as rumoured for some time, they really are sort of Group C 2.0

Quote :* The engines are free. The limitations of cylinders, restrictors and turbo pressures are removed.

But big V12 is probably not going to be the winning choice with the draconian fuel allocations (see below), but at least there is a remote possibility.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races ... r-2014-unveiled_7618.html

In more detail: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFic ... nical_regulation_2014.pdf

Quote :Engines are free

now thats surprising. Opens the door for wankels and even gas turbines

additionally the differentiation between 'Diesel' and 'Fuel' (not 'Petrol') is interesting. Fits the Hydrogen-Wankel ideas Mazda has in the works.
Freaking love Lotterer. #1 on pole.

Impressed by Toyota as well. Looks like we still might get a decent fight overall.
Well anyone who believes Audi will not win is a fool as pure numbers alone will succeed but the question will be if the regular TDI's are actually faster or more reliable than the hybrids.
big crash in the Group C race. Two of these beautiful historic cars are destroyed.
any video of the crash?
Hmm, looks repairable, most damage is at the front, engines and gearboxes should be ok, "just" weld together a new tube frame and off you go

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG