The online racing simulator
woah, that a lot of Nissan engines in the LMP2 class. One fast truck engine that VK45 is.

I'm missing some oddball cars in the GT class, even the Evora is only Reserve. And has anyone seen some non-rendered picturs from that Delta Wing? I haven't.
Quote from TFalke55 :pics

We haven't see the Le Mans configuration yet though.
I still have my doubts, I'll believe it when I see it.
Does it have an engine yet? Last I heard Ford shot them down...
No AMR cars this year?
Quote from (-Mark-) :No AMR cars this year?

DeltaWang is its reincarnation (tub). Also rumor claims Pescarolo has bought the tub and rebadged it as Pescarolo 03.
Btw Mazda AER engine was slow because of air intake restriction in LMP2 but its reliability is definitely bad. Anyway awesome entry list but wondering how good it would have been with one 908 diesel + 2 908 hybrid let's hope Toyota will be fast
well the 908's would have exploded in a fiery and spectacular way. ( add some thunder to the Hybrids.... )
Quote from deggis :Entry lists for Le Mans and WEC

Nice to see David Brabham and the Honda/Acura in LMP1! I guess they couldn't pass up the chance to go toe-to-toe with the Toyotas.

Strange choice of lead driver for Toyota's #2 car. Ishiura isn't really a shining driver. I would have expected someone like Kohei Hirate, who has had success in open-wheel racing in both Europe and Japan.
Still isn't quite "Honda" though... but they could easily increase involvement for next year with own team or not but with the same car. Right now, it seems to be just customer car business.

The JRM team came from GT1 and their lineup will be all-pro unlike Strakka's. Exactly what is needed (=serious and well funded private teams). It's a shame Highcroft is busy with the DeltaWang and not with those HPD-Hondas.
Quote :Engine and transmission are “non-stressed members” of the chassis structural design which allows teams to install a wide variety of lightweight powertrains
The car features a liquid cooled 4 cylinder 1600cc intercooled turbocharged engine that will produce approximately 300 horsepower at 8,000 rpm and weigh 70kg
Transmission is a 5 speed plus reverse longitudinal design with an electrical sequential paddle shift actuation. The differential features an efficient variable torque steer/differential speed-controlled planetary final drive reduction layout with the entire transmission weighing only 33kg

so it could use anything from the current WRC and NGT manufactures.
Quote from ACCAkut :so it could use anything from the current WRC and NGT manufactures.

is wrc using direct injection?
Quote from ACCAkut :woah, that a lot of Nissan engines in the LMP2 class. One fast truck engine that VK45 is.

I'm missing some oddball cars in the GT class, even the Evora is only Reserve. And has anyone seen some non-rendered picturs from that Delta Wing? I haven't.

we have a picture of AMR-One cockpit beside the Deltawing full scale model

and the real car wind tunnle test is comming
Btw Pescarolo will also run a LMP1 based with AMR cockpit.

Toyota has just announced its second car line up

Davidson (was quite expected to see him in a top team like that)
Buemi (rumors were right, but anyway he is rookie at LM and in endurance)
Ishiura (japanese Toyota's driver, good experience in endurance in Japan but rookie at LM)

ELMS grid looks quite good in LMP2 but so poor in GTE ! 5 GTE-PRO (2 F458, 1 Lotus, 1 AMR, 1 Porsche) and only 2 GTE-PRO (Porsche IMSA vs F458 AF Corse). Anyway the biggest surprise of the day is to see Sebastien Loeb Racing signing a Oreca 03-Nissan !
Quote from MoMo92i :Btw Pescarolo will also run a LMP1 based with AMR cockpit.

Not just the tub, they're using essentially everything except the engine and bodypanels. Chassis, suspension, tub, gearbox are all being used.
as far as the don't use the engine
Sebastien Loeb Racing joins the ELMS grid with a LMP2
Quote from MoMo92i :Btw Pescarolo will also run a LMP1 based with AMR cockpit.

Is this AMR the Terrible One from last year, or the Lola AMR from 2010, or a completely new development?

Quote from TFalke55 :Sebastien Loeb Racing joins the ELMS grid with a LMP2

Sebastien Loeb Racing, eh? SLR... has a nice ring to it.

Made me think of this (L1A1, also known as the "SLR") :
its the turbo car from last year, but with a new Judd engine. Wonder how they fitted that V8 in a place that was designed for a inline-6.

ah, here is more:
http://www.racecar-engineering ... one-revived-by-pescarolo/

Quote :The Pescarolo 03 will use the AMR-ONE tub as a basis but everything else will be new. Pescarolo has taken delivery of two of the six AMR-ONE tubs built by Prodrive in Banbury.

It will not be the only Aston Martin based car on the grid, the other is of course the Deltawing, which is also built around the AMR-ONE. The question remains, if Deltawing and Pescarolo have two tubs each what has become of the other two (which one must presume were the two cars that ran at Le Mans in 2011)

Quote :
Aston Martin Racing will embark upon an exciting new challenge in 2012 as it pre...pares to make a return to international GT motorsport in the FIA World Endurance Championship. The team will campaign a V8-powered Vantage in the GTE Pro category of the eight round series, which spans three continents. At the third round of the championship, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Aston Martin Racing will field a second works Vantage GTE.

Read the full press release: http://www.astonmartin.com/rac ... e-championship-programmes

2012 will have a beautiful grid
yes but no...Peugeot is missing, threesome is better than Toyota vs Audi duel. Looks like we are coming back in 2007 when Peugeot have just arrived in LMS.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :2012 will have a beautiful grid

Add the Big Honking Fin to that Lotus... oh wait, Lola.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG