The online racing simulator
Quote from [Audi TT] :read. I just do not ask)

So what do you ask then?
Quote :Talking to Victor about possibly releasing the updates in a patch, he asked if it was possible to do a quick fix in SHIFT+U mode to help with his LFS Record program.

Quote from Flame CZE :So what do you ask then?

I understand LFS record, more is not needed? Since Scawen to sew it in LFS. I'm interested in LFS itself can record video, like gta4?
Man your posts are hard to understand...

No, LFS on its own cannot record and output videos. You can however, use the LFS Record tool by Victor.
Quote from DevilDare :Man your posts are hard to understand...

No, LFS on its own cannot record and output videos. You can however, use the LFS Record tool by Victor.

I use the Google translator to communicate with you. English I do not know. And wanted to LFS itself skillfully capturing footage.
Quote from Scawen :
Surface friction of objects is now CONCRETE (was previously ICE)
Added a new Ramp2 which is the same as Ramp1 but 2.8 metres wide
Ramp1 and Ramp2 are stored in the exe and loaded into all tracks

Playing with layouts going to be much, much, much more pleasant in this patch than it ever was. Thanks Scawen!

Quote from kart-36 :Its good to see the daily updates, thats really good.

After he will be done with the patch we will be again left in the dark for months probably :sadbanana Oh well... let's enjoy that great week (or two) for LFS community :banana_ra
Maybe i dont understand but why we need ramps for any track?
Quote from Rynno666 :Maybe i dont understand but why we need ramps for any track?

E.g. for autocross stunt layouts and many more fun things on all tracks
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1575748#post1575748

Scawen, what about that bug/problem?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've made a note, investigated a little and should be able to protect against that.

Quote from Inouva :YES my suggestion it's come to the new patch, at least can see my old replays

It's only to make sure you can still watch the existing hotlaps. Because the unmovable objects are now harder and all objects have the friction of concrete instead of ice, a few Z28 replays (a lot at Kyoto) went out of sync before this fix.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Although the updates aren't really doing it for me, this kind of communication from scawen with the community is alot better than the silent treatment, i hope he continues and is more open with the community in future.

No, really, I have not changed in any way. It's the same old me...

When a patch is near and I'm fixing several things each day and looking for community input into things to make sure I've covered everything, and seeing if people have any on-topic suggestions, then I'm here, communicating.

When I'm working out maths on paper and reading up on and experimenting with and struggling with tyre model updates, I'll be completely silent for many weeks.

Compare : A manager on a building site with, say, a mathematician trying to solve a puzzle. You will see, these two people appear outwardly quite different, one talking to people all the time and the other keeping to himself and his papers. But both of them think they are doing the right thing, and they probably are.
Quote from Rynno666 :Maybe i dont understand but why we need ramps for any track?

Its all for autocross fun! For stuff like these:

http://youtu.be/AyXZ3LwmD4U
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=30156
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=71698

Which is fun and a great way to expand the LFS-experience!

---

Edit:

Quote from Rynno666 :okei yeah its fun when its on autocross track but if it is some other track and you drive or cruise and some man just jump high speed and crash into me or making very dangerous situation??? In real life you dont have ramps on track....and LFS is pretty much like real life

Obviously they'll not be used at random. Admins will make sure which stuff goes where. They'll be used in autocross servers and Destruction derby servers. If cruise server-admins are going to use them; they'll probably be added to a "safe" place and not where someone can crash into others...
Quote :Surface friction of objects is now CONCRETE (was previously ICE)

You are fulfilling my every wish with these layout improvements!
okei yeah its fun when its on autocross track but if it is some other track and you drive or cruise and some man just jump high speed and crash into me or making very dangerous situation??? In real life you dont have ramps on track....and LFS is pretty much like real life
Quote from [Audi TT] :I understand LFS record, more is not needed? Since Scawen to sew it in LFS. I'm interested in LFS itself can record video, like gta4?

No, that would be nice but I don't know if, or when, I will do that.

The SHIFT+U improvements in this patch are very helpful for any external program that controls the camera (like LFS Record).

Because the camera is no longer bounded to the track path and objects do not sometimes disappear.
Quote from Rynno666 :okei yeah its fun when its on autocross track but if it is some other track and you drive or cruise and some man just jump high speed and crash into me or making very dangerous situation??? In real life you dont have ramps on track....and LFS is pretty much like real life

I haven't seen a proper race with ramps on track to be honest.
Quote from Scawen :
Compare : A manager on a building site with, say, a mathematician trying to solve a puzzle. You will see, these two people appear outwardly quite different, one talking to people all the time and the other keeping to himself and his papers. But both of them think they are doing the right thing, and they probably are.

Usefully you go through both of these stages. When working LFS features, you tend to be very open and outward and ask for peoples thoughts for certain things and use the input. But for the physics and other aspects of the sim, you're very closed.

Programmers don't tend to be very outward.
Where you see ramps when you may jump with you car on high speed on the racing track? Maybe you have seen movie "Dukes of Hazzard" ??? But ok no problemo.Maybe its cool when you drive realistic or cruise and some insane jump ramp over 200km/h and fly 2km in to the space.....
Quote from Rynno666 :Where you see ramps when you may jump with you car on high speed on the racing track? Maybe you have seen movie "Dukes of Hazzard" ??? But ok no problemo.Maybe its cool when you drive realistic or cruise and some insane jump ramp over 200km/h and fly 2km in to the space.....

Don't use the ramps if you don't like them. Cars in real life do jump from ramps.
Quote from Rynno666 :Where you see ramps when you may jump with you car on high speed on the racing track?

Sepang 2011

Nobody is forcing you to use them. Ramps are intended for the ramp jumping people...
hmm yeah but i think it might be make chaos on server multiplayer if you drive and some 5-10 kids wanna jump they car full speed ram and many many crashes and people stay on the middle of the road on the roof and you just want drive normal.Maybe its my wrong opinion but i think its happening like i say.
Quote from Rynno666 :hmm yeah but i think it might be make chaos on server multiplayer if you drive and some 5-10 kids wanna jump they car full speed ram and many many crashes and people stay on the middle of the road on the roof and you just want drive normal.Maybe its my wrong opinion but i think its happening like i say.

It seems to me that you think that the ramp is there by default. No, it's just an object which can be placed on track by srever admins. And I don't think that some admins would place ramps on a racing server.
No chaos. Serious racing servers will not use ramps anywhere. It's only for fun.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Very good
Scawen, what's your favourite dish?
Quote from Rynno666 :hmm yeah but i think it might be make chaos on server multiplayer if you drive and some 5-10 kids wanna jump they car full speed ram and many many crashes and people stay on the middle of the road on the roof and you just want drive normal.Maybe its my wrong opinion but i think its happening like i say.

IIRC, when i was running an autocross server, there was the occasional moron, but what you're saying could happen on any server, autocross, or otherwise.
Quote from Scawen :

FIX : Clutch axis / button was not reported from Controls screen
Surface friction of objects is now CONCRETE (was previously ICE)
Discovered that many KY2 and KY3 replays were OOS due to objects
Implemented SPR version check so old replays can still be watched

Here's a screenshot of a jump off Ramp2 at FE4Y.

Oh god, I LOVE YOU. (in a non-gay way)
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG