The online racing simulator
Thanks Scavier!
Quote from pik_d :There will be no LFSW WRs for custom configurations. Maybe some insim app could do something unofficially but I'm not really sure.

airio can on a per-install basis, but that assumes people don't modify the layouts, as it only has the layout name to go by.
-
(Specht) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(Blood (CZ)) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
({PS} Aussie) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
Scawen, what about that?
Attached images
SO.jpg
Quote from denis-takumi :Scawen, what about that?

It's been answered already.

Quote from Scawen :No, that new section is not opened up in this patch. It's very unfinished there, experimental and lacks barriers so you can just fall into the underworld. I don't know how far Eric will go with it in the future.

-
(Myffe) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(shaun463) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(rockclan) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(Rynno666) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(shaun463) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
({PS} Aussie) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(G!NhO) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
-
(ColeusRattus) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
I am pretty excited with all this news, but i wan´t to point out something that really put me on fire:

"Talking to Victor about possibly releasing the updates in a patch, he asked if it was possible to do a quick fix in SHIFT+U mode to help with his LFS Record program. I have long been a little frustrated in SHIFT+U mode so I got a bit carried away with that and rewrote all the camera control. It took a few weeks (that made me nervous as I really want to finish the new physics) but the result is a lot nicer to use. You can move the camera around freely, not bounded to the track path. The editor is fully aware of where your mouse is pointing and that helps with mouse movement and object positioning."

Whoever says after this that Scawen is not interested in lfs anymore, can go and hit his head in a wall
#631 - e.M
if we are pointing out things then:

A few weeks ago I was working on some track editor improvements that Eric had requested, when I came across a fix that could possibly affect key presses in multi byte languages. An LFS user in Japan kindly tested the change, to make sure the fix didn't break the text input. I added a few updates from the new version into the patch before sending it to him.

what does that mean? Is Eric updating the tracks?? Is Eric creating the new ones???
-
(boothy) DELETED by Scawen : spam / arguments with HKS_Erald
Quote from e.M :if we are pointing out things then:

A few weeks ago I was working on some track editor improvements that Eric had requested, when I came across a fix that could possibly affect key presses in multi byte languages. An LFS user in Japan kindly tested the change, to make sure the fix didn't break the text input. I added a few updates from the new version into the patch before sending it to him.

what does that mean? Is Eric updating the tracks?? Is Eric creating the new ones???

Would be useless to request improvements if you don't plan to use them
I've deleted the argument spam (18 posts).

HKS_Erald made one point. Then the replies were too many, too strong and inflammatory.

Just take it easy, or your replies make much more of a mess than the post you disagree with.

pik_d made the only useful reply to HKS_Erald's post.
Does this mean there will now be 7 forward (and 7 reverse) track configurations at Blackwood?

If there are, what are they likely to be called?
Attached images
LFS Blackwood Track Configurations.PNG
Quote from sinanju :Does this mean there will now be 7 forward (and 7 reverse) track configurations at Blackwood?

Probably not "official" versions (at least for now)...

Because of this;
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from Inouva :Cool, now i can test Kyoto national with Kyoto Long gp , this open tracks things gona bring a bunch of new combos, adding more "Tracks" to the game

Open configurations have : no racing line / no racing line rubber / no wrong way detection / no limited object drawing lists / no echo map / no light map / no blue or yellow flags.

Plus, have a look here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73903
Nawt spamming, i hope this means you will continue on the physics when this is released
Quote from Guthix :Nawt spamming, i hope this means you will continue on the physics when this is released

This paragraph explains it:
Quote from Scawen :If all goes well, it should be possible to release this as a test patch within one to two weeks. There are a few things left on my list, including VOB mod protection and some small InSim updates. I am aiming for one week - I do want to get back to the physics - but I know that finishing things off sometimes takes longer than expected.

Will it be possible to set more than one lap at 8 lane drag so that track like the one from attachment for example could be possible?
Attached images
Screens_449x.jpg
Quote from Amynue :Will it be possible to set more than one lap at 8 lane drag so that track like the one from attachment for example could be possible?

What is that?
Attached images
Screens_449x11.jpg
whaaaa?
#643 - e.M
the vws is a lie!!!
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
It was quite clear from the beginning that Amynue is a beta tester? Nod
I have it too
Amynue must be a beta tester, no surprise he have the real VWS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Takes breath.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@rockclan.takumi.inouva: Go do some sandwiches girls.
Or he edited lfs.exe to make it say VWS, oh the possibilities.

I am looking forward to these new track things. Looks fun
Scawen is it possible to get a biger Autocross ?
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG