The online racing simulator
Quote from hyntty :How about rallycross style joker laps?

You could do that before with a simple Insim, or using checkpoints wisely to make it a 3 lap race.

Now though the joker route can be the entire BL1 track.

Scawen if you read this: Is it possible to take out the barriers in the BL1 chicane? Or with this update are they already gone when I load "BL1X"?
Quote from scawen :dear lfs racers,

- number of autocross objects increased to 800 (was 512)

cant wait <333
Quote from Scawen :Cruise : no need to drive a lap before serving DT / SG penalty

Could this please be extended to racing conditions as well? Say, if you have a DT and you need to pit (e.g. out of fuel) then a pit stop is allowed but the DT remains valid so that you can serve it next lap?
Quote from Scawen :- Improved collisions with unmovable objects (e.g. red barriers)
- Number of autocross objects increased to 800 (was 512)
- Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere

This is what I like at most,adding possibility of custom starting grids and custom pits would make it perfect! Anyway - now we can have "KY4" - endurance track!
Quote from boothy :Could this please be extended to racing conditions as well? Say, if you have a DT and you need to pit (e.g. out of fuel) then a pit stop is allowed but the DT remains valid so that you can serve it next lap?

would be good to have the option under F12 eg: "Serve Penalty yes / no"
Now this is something I have always wanted to hear. Now I have faith in LFS again!
Quote from Scawen :
- Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere

This makes me happy, cant wait for it
Quote from franky500 :would be good to have the option under F12 eg: "Serve Penalty yes / no"

For Stop-go penalties, yes, and also to prohibit driver changes during a stop-go (personally I'd also like it renamed 10 second stop-go to make it crystal clear as some people obviously don't know :razz

And if you are making improvements to pitting, you might as well implement the tyre change [never] option
Finaly, thanks Scawen!
Cool, now i can test Kyoto national with Kyoto Long gp , this open tracks things gona bring a bunch of new combos, adding more "Tracks" to the game

How is gona work the race line ( pressing 4 ) now?. is disable when using a "new" track combo or is gona be autoupdate?
Quote from boothy :Could this please be extended to racing conditions as well? Say, if you have a DT and you need to pit (e.g. out of fuel) then a pit stop is allowed but the DT remains valid so that you can serve it next lap?

Quote from franky500 :would be good to have the option under F12 eg: "Serve Penalty yes / no"

Auto'd to "yes" of course.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank yoooooouuuuu scawen
OMG OMG OMG
Anyway... Nice to see some new things coming!
Quote from Inouva :Cool, now i can test Kyoto national with Kyoto Long gp , this open tracks things gona bring a bunch of new combos, adding more "Tracks" to the game

How is gona work the race line ( pressing 4 ) now?. is disable when using a "new" track combo or is gona be autoupdate?

Good point , would like to know too!
YES YES YES!!!

It is so nice to get a breath of fresh air!

My favorite improvements:

Open Tracks to create our own configurations! I really hope we can use this in multiplayer and with full grids.

Improved barrier collisions: that was critical for the above.

Thank you Dev Team! please keep up the good work.

in that case it would also be nice to be able to repair certain area's of the car..

e.g. only have front left damper damage... can select to repair front left suspension and so on..

you dont always want to repair the exterior as it takes time in race's this would also improve endurance races and make it more realistic imo..
You can count on me, Scawen, I will try the improved collisions with the red barriers for at least an hour (non-stop of course)
Then I'll have a try at open configs.

Can't wait for this test patch, so many good things in it, good job!

PS: Are the ramps also considered as "unmovable objects" for which the collisions have been improved? Just asking because I always found it irritating to just slide on those.
Woah! Open track configurations sound awesome! Cant wait to try it out.

Also, no more space journeys. They will be missed.

All in all looks like a it will be a good patch. Thanks Scawen!
I cannot wait. Thanks Scavier .
quick thought.

its "Mainly" compatiblle with Z28.

What of the above improvements "WON'T" work with z28 hosts.

So if a (we'll call it Z29 for now) Client connects to a Z28 host, What will be disabled / unusable.

I am guessing the Max objects and open track configurations would not be usable. also the additional Insim collision packet etc. Anything else?

EDIT: also any changes to the setup.cfg file?
I saw this patch info and I literally screamed "YES!!!!!". My roommate was caught off guard and literally spilled his water onto his lap. I didn't care. Haven't been this excited about LFS in a long while!!!!!!!
That's good news for sure!
I am speechless, so far the changes look fantastic! I really cannot wait to see it all in action, especially the InSim things (longer messages, collisions [hopefully also with other objects than cars?])! Please allow me just two (really, 2) more wishes very high on my wish list:

1) Add an admin command to immediately cancel the running kick/ban vote. With this simple addition (I hope) the voting could be fully managed by external applications, allowing to apply various criteria to prevent voting abuse. This would be simply awesome!

2) Report, using a single bit in OutSim or OutGauge, that Ctrl+Shift is pressed. Then, double-purpose client buttons could be easily created, showing e.g. nicknames and usernames depending on this bit. It would be a great addition.

I hope these my wishes will come through to you, Scawen. Thanks for all the currently implemented changes, it opens new possibilities! (Well, of course opening BL1R and BL2R to demo people would be a big boost to LFS too, but I do not dare to propose that.)
soon ?

soon .... like: early 2009?

;-)
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG