The online racing simulator
Hey Mango Juice, a little reminder:

Quote from Mango Juice :I will chop my **** off if there is an update this year.

We are all waiting for you to do that, believe me.
GO GO GO test patch!
Scawen, while you're at minor layout/objects issues, could some tires barriers become "non movable"? either as a concrete barrier, or still as tires, but just don't let them scatter when hit?

The specific barrier I had in mind is the last tires barrier before the main straight at the exit of AS3 chicane.

The thing is that this specific chicane is already notorious because you have to commit to your line to be fast through it, but the smallest of miscalculation, and the tires get hit, and everyone following you is having to cope with sometimes impossible situations of tires all over the road, when you're at 180KPH with very little margin to maneuver around them, if at all.

This specific barrier, because it's tendency to scatter the tires, and it's location, mostly hurts the drivers following the one who hit the tires, and it's even more annoying when the one who hit the barrier is a backmarker driving just in front of your nose.

So, if these tires can be "connected" together, and to the wall while you're at it, I think it'll improve the situation at this chicane greatly...
Nice.
Quote from Dalmako :I have a suggestion/fix for the next LFS version.
When you unlock a LFS License, the menu music turns off. I think that when you unlock a driver license, the music shouldn't turn off.

What do you think about this? Thanks and good work for the team.

yeah! why it turns off when i unlock LFS Demo, S1 or S2?
Thanks for the report

Open track sounds nice for cruising
Quote from Bmxtwins :

Will that be drivable?

A little reading would have answered this question for you, but I'll answer it for you instead.

No.
-
(Ales_M) DELETED by Ales_M : Meh
Quote from Ales_M :Stfu fatclan. Can we have atleast one topic in this forum filled with love and normal posts? Srsly get lost.

You're then not really helping this are you?

And what is wrong with a little joke.

He was the one that said it, and I just reminded him of that.
Quote from JPeace :The above, is a very nice idea - but surely would take away the point of a simulation?

Car reset as magical respawn is already non-simulation feature.
IMO if a car is turned from the roof, or get out of sand trap WITH its tyre wear/temp would make 'reset' more real.
Quote from dadge :and your post is the straw that broke the camels back. i think i'll unsub from this thread and wait for the test patch thread to pop up again.

You do that
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

SHIFT+U and redwhite barrier updates sounds VERY interesting
can u make xrt look like this with opened lights
make an option to switch them on/off like the roof for LX6/LX4
this wpuld be cool either
Does this make open course cruise servers possible?????
Quote from Myffe :Does this make open course cruise servers possible?????

If I'm correct the open layouts do not go with cruise insim, since there are no nodes.
Quote from rockclan :I've just been playing around with the LGH patch on Fern Bay, this opens all configs. But that is one serious old school Nordschleife alike jump if you take that piece full throttle:

the what and the who patch? do give..
Quote from Udris1992 :can u make xrt look like this with opened lights
make an option to switch them on/off like the roof for LX6/LX4
this wpuld be cool either

LOL omg, -1 for that
Quote from rockclan :If I'm correct the open layouts do not go with cruise insim, since there are no nodes.

Darn
Quote from rockclan :If I'm correct the open layouts do not go with cruise insim, since there are no nodes.

The X,Y positions could be used instead, if they're reported via InSim. Are they?
Quote from avih :So, if these tires can be "connected" together, and to the wall while you're at it, I think it'll improve the situation at this chicane greatly...

But if you then hit such a hardened barrier there, all the chances are that your car will be spread on it's exit rather than those tires, as it is has been the case so far.

Too risky, in my opinion.
Good news this, could even be tempted to rig my G25 up again, although I wonder how my poor old PC is going to cope.........
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG