The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :Not exactly... Join race is something else then join server but we will see...

(You could get 'blabla has no car' when you join race, maybe that is fixed?)

Ah yes, that will probably be it. The "xxx has no car" bug.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hm.. I just thought of a fun layout.

BL Reverse. Use Rally Part for first section, straight through chicane then use the hairpin (Normal BL T1) and come around to the front straight.

You could also use only the first RX section on the reverse version, then loop back on the Bl1 sector 2 to use the pit entry to come back onto the straight.
Scawen, it is possible to add axis sensivity option? On some cars the clutch is very annoying, if you release a bit the clutch the car stalls. For example in UF1 it's great..
Quote from Takumi_lfs :fags turned this thread into a suggestion thread..

Well aren't you so peachy and pleasant. Did someone shit in your cornflakes?
Great! :d
Quote from Takumi_lfs :fags turned this thread into a suggestion thread..

And some of those suggestions were already implemented (according to Scawen's last post), which turns 'fags' into helpful people. and Scawen into my love object
too little too late.
why bother....
Quote from Scawen :Got a few things done today, mostly on objects.

Tuesday

Objects in escape road at BL chicane removed from open configs
List of Hosts now shows X or Y if an open config is selected
Car reset now works on open configs (if reset is enabled)
Wear limit for changing tyres can be set to 100% (never)
Compatibility : new packets not sent if connected to old host
Compatibility : new host does not allow old versions to connect

Wednesday

FIX : Clutch axis / button was not reported from Controls screen
Surface friction of objects is now CONCRETE (was previously ICE)
Discovered that many KY2 and KY3 replays were OOS due to objects
Implemented SPR version check so old replays can still be watched
Added a new Ramp2 which is the same as Ramp1 but 2.8 metres wide
Ramp1 and Ramp2 are stored in the exe and loaded into all tracks

Here's a screenshot of a jump off Ramp2 at FE4Y.

YES my suggestion it's come to the new patch, at least can see my old replays
Although the updates aren't really doing it for me, this kind of communication from scawen with the community is alot better than the silent treatment, i hope he continues and is more open with the community in future.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Although the updates aren't really doing it for me, this kind of communication from scawen with the community is alot better than the silent treatment, i hope he continues and is more open with the community in future.

Maybe he went for a break, from all the slagging off he got, and probably the frustrating people on this forum. We're only human. Maybe he wanted to spend time with his family (which is more important). You can't take that away from a man. Eitherway I do agree that it's better with the communication but you can't blame him for turning his back on the forum (not the game) and getting on with his life.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There's a white arrow in the SS too. Which is the camera position.

I thought it was car direction?
No that is the green arrow
Great news Scawen. Its good to see the daily updates, thats really good.
Cant wait to finally get somthing a little bit more fresh in LFS
Quote from teedot :too little too late.
why bother....

Considering LFS is still the only sim that I can drop into a race at any moment in time and have a good time.. iRacing, NKP both can't offer that.. I don't see LFS dying yet.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Considering LFS is still the only sim that I can drop into a race at any moment in time and have a good time.. iRacing, NKP both can't offer that.. I don't see LFS dying yet.

You're damn right. And rfactor, you can't find a mod-track combo that you have. And the ones you do have are passworded servers. So I'd say LFS is pretty damn good. And the pick-up races are better than anywhere else, because drivers skill on LFS I'd say is higher than on any other race sim, in general. (and by skill I mean no contact and give enough room to each other).
I tried it this past weekend.. I tried to race in iRacing, NKP and LFS this weekend. iRacing I got crashed out of a race by an idiot. NKP online is hopeless right now. LFS I can still join a server and race without any thoughts.
Quote from BoyGTA :Scawen, it is possible to add axis sensivity option? On some cars the clutch is very annoying, if you release a bit the clutch the car stalls. For example in UF1 it's great..

Good Idea

I use G25 and can handle it on Profiler, but for other Wheels and Joypads
is this very useful to handle the Car sometimes much better.
Especially for Joypad user this can help alot.
Ramp2 woohoo! No more slippery surface
Quote from boygta :scawen, it is possible to add axis sensivity option? On some cars the clutch is very annoying, if you release a bit the clutch the car stalls. For example in uf1 it's great..

+1 <3
Quote from Scawen :Progress report

It's really nice to see daily progress reports. Big thanks for the information, and also, great job you are doing there Looks like I will have to find my wheel soon
Keep up good work
LFS will support video recording? Or, as before, through the program fraps to record video?
Quote from Scawen :Got a few things done today, mostly on objects.

While we're at the topic of objects and layouts, could you also enable layouts to be loaded in hotlapping mode? I know this would invalidate the hotlap, but we wouldn't need to upload those to LFSW or anything, it'd just be for qualifying setup development.

What happens is this: at KY3 and FE4 this season in Masters of Endurance chicane layouts were used, those are both tracks with a pretty lenghty outlap and doing setup development in qualifying mode requires one to waste 50 % more time on the outlap. It would've been really helpful being able to load a layout in hotlapping mode (even if this would make the lap automatically invalid.

P.S. A possible solution to the validity check: could it be made so that whatever layout is loaded in hotlapping mode, all the objects comprising it would trigger HLVC validity/invalidity if touched? So, when the layout is originally loaded, lap isn't invalidated right away but if you touched tires or a pole in the chicane that'd trip up the HLVC check. This would be doubly helpful in qualifying practices (as laps in which you touch the layout objects are manually disqualified by the admin in the actual qual session).
Quote from Flame CZE :LFS Record by Victor

read. I just do not ask)

Quote :Talking to Victor about possibly releasing the updates in a patch, he asked if it was possible to do a quick fix in SHIFT+U mode to help with his LFS Record program. I have long been a little frustrated in SHIFT+U mode so I got a bit carried away with that and rewrote all the camera control. It took a few weeks (that made me nervous as I really want to finish the new physics) but the result is a lot nicer to use. You can move the camera around freely, not bounded to the track path. The editor is fully aware of where your mouse is pointing and that helps with mouse movement and object positioning.

Epic work Scawen! Loving the Ramps in all tracks
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG